HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Tor/Clmb

Old
06-21-2008, 03:27 PM
I am Canadian
Foreverly Hopeful

vCash: 500
Tor/Clmb

To Colmbus

Nik Antropov
Pavel Kubina

To Toronto

1st 09
2 & 4th in 09.

Ps. Don't attack me, just wondering if this deal was still possible now that columbus has R.J Umberger.

I am Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:44 PM
BZArcher

I'd probably do it.

Would you consider a package like Brule and Legein instead of the 09 1st, but still keeping the 2nd and 4th?

BZArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:48 PM
RDriesenUD

No way. Any team who gives up a first in 09 is stupid.

RDriesenUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:15 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

That's the same thing that was said about this year's draft and teams sure didn't shy away from trading them. If you guys are a playoff team next year do you really care about the first? If you go deep it's not all that attractive a pick anyway

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Northern Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesen16 View Post
Not really, the way we are going (no Sundin and with above trade no Kubina/Antropov) we will have a lock on Tavares !!

Northern Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:40 PM
X0ssbar

No way I move that first for him. Not in another strong draft year and not when your the Columbus Blue Jackets and are more likely to be picking top 10 instead of bottom 10.

I think a deal could be worked out. I'd defintely consider a 2nd round pick as part of a package though.

X0ssbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Why would Columbus do that?

I mean, if you want them to acquire Antropov / Kubina who make a boat load of money............why not re-sign Hainsey or go after someone else for free during UFA?

06-21-2008, 04:46 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

From a Habs POV;

I'll give you a 1st and O'Byrne and a forward prospect for Kubina and Antropov. =)

You'd have to take our salary dumps (or forfeit the 2nd prospect).

(Bouillon, Begin, Dandenault.. so its not like the salary dumps are huge .. equals to about $4.5M)

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:51 PM
Metallian*

if I'm Toronto, I want Zherdev

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:55 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlehead View Post
That doesn't happen. Antropov is injury prone & Kubina costs $5M. lol

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Nizdizzle
The Shanaplan.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Name some alternatives for a team looking for top pairing D.

Campbell? Redden? Not bloody likely, these guys will each make 6-7 mill and neither are a significant improvement over Kubina. Heck, when he was UFA, rumor had it that CLB was offering him 5.5, but he wanted to play it TOR so took less.

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:32 PM
I am Canadian
Foreverly Hopeful

Quote:
So what if Antropov is "injury prone' he still puts up great numbers. Look at what the FA defense are going to get this summer, come back to me after the FA time.

Old
06-22-2008, 02:22 AM
Metallian*

Quote:
antropov is better than zherdev right now and kubina is a top pairing defencemen

if columbus is serious about making the playoffs NOW, then i dont see them being too sentimental about Z

Metallian* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 03:06 AM
Vincent_TheGreat

Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesen16 View Post
No there not, if they believe dealing for these 2 players, who have plenty of years left can help them more then a potential pick.... Some of you act like the draft is a sure thing. There are very few sure things, even in 09 there are very few things. I'm a huge Tavares fan, it is no sure thing that he will become a dominant player. the further down or later parts of the 1st, the less sure things become. Even in the deepest of drafts 10-20 is still a drop off from 1-10

Vincent_TheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
antropov is better than zherdev right now and kubina is a top pairing defencemen

if columbus is serious about making the playoffs NOW, then i dont see them being too sentimental about Z
In what ways is Antropov better then Z? Point production? No. This is the 1st year he cleared the 50 point barrier.... Wow, all of 56 points..... More durable, more physical, better skater, better hockey sence? NO.

Yes Kubina is a top 4 dman, but he isn't a top pairing team, unless that team has a weak top 2. A top 4 dman making 5 million per - he is a tad overpaid for what he brings to the table.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 08:33 AM
TheFisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
No way I move that first for him. Not in another strong draft year and not when your the Columbus Blue Jackets and are more likely to be picking top 10 instead of bottom 10.

I think a deal could be worked out. I'd defintely consider a 2nd round pick as part of a package though.
Adding umberger, kubina, and antropov may be enough to push you guys into the playoffs. Add a few players through FA and It's a guarantee that you won't be picking until late teens.

TheFisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 08:50 AM
Silver91
Agent 0091

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
In what ways is Antropov better then Z? Point production? No. This is the 1st year he cleared the 50 point barrier.... Wow, all of 56 points..... More durable, more physical, better skater, better hockey sence? NO.

Yes Kubina is a top 4 dman, but he isn't a top pairing team, unless that team has a weak top 2. A top 4 dman making 5 million per - he is a tad overpaid for what he brings to the table.
Okay, on durable and skating you have a point, but I don't think you have ever seen Antropov play. Antropov with the puck is nearly impossible to knock off of it. And he isn't afraid of taking the body or going into corners at all (not saying Z is, just pointing out that Antro is physical). As for hockey sense, Antro is a very smart player, both offensively and defensively. He is one of the better PKers, especially 5 on 3, not because he can skate well (which he can't really), but because he knows how to position himself.

As for point production, he had 50 points playing mainly even-strength. For much of the season, the top PP unit was Sundin-Tucker-Wellwood/Blake, trying to emulate the PP we had 2 seasons ago, and Antro wasn't getting much ice time there. So he could have had more points if he had more PP time.

And Kubina is a top pairing guy. Maybe not a #1, but easily a #2 on many teams. If you guys got him, you'd understand how valuable he is to a team.

Silver91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:28 AM
kihei

vCash: 3115
Quote:
Me, too. But he's just not the Leafs style (unfortunately). Cliff already passed on one flashy Russian this weekend...

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:54 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik View Post
Okay, on durable and skating you have a point, but I don't think you have ever seen Antropov play. Antropov with the puck is nearly impossible to knock off of it. And he isn't afraid of taking the body or going into corners at all (not saying Z is, just pointing out that Antro is physical). As for hockey sense, Antro is a very smart player, both offensively and defensively. He is one of the better PKers, especially 5 on 3, not because he can skate well (which he can't really), but because he knows how to position himself.

As for point production, he had 50 points playing mainly even-strength. For much of the season, the top PP unit was Sundin-Tucker-Wellwood/Blake, trying to emulate the PP we had 2 seasons ago, and Antro wasn't getting much ice time there. So he could have had more points if he had more PP time.

And Kubina is a top pairing guy. Maybe not a #1, but easily a #2 on many teams. If you guys got him, you'd understand how valuable he is to a team.
I have seen Antropov play many, many times (CBC in Canada - they seem to only play the leafs games). Yes, he does have a big body and it is tough to knock him off the puck, but the same could be said for Z who is 5 years younger, much better on the puck (better vision) - better touch, he may never be a selke candidate, but he does play hard in the Dzone (look at his coach).

As for the PP time, well PP time is earned. If he was better around the net he would be in there for Tucker.

I would much rather have Z then Antropov and Kubina.

Trading for Kubina makes a lot of sence for Columbus, but adding Antropov makes none. I do like Kubina, but he is a 2nd pairing guy on playoff teams - that is making top pairing money. He would do well in Columbus, but I wouldn't trade the farm to get him. Something around Brule and a 3rd.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Dark Knight
#PlayoffPush

Quote:
From a Habs POV;

I'll give you a 1st and O'Byrne and a forward prospect for Kubina and Antropov. =)

You'd have to take our salary dumps (or forfeit the 2nd prospect).

(Bouillon, Begin, Dandenault.. so its not like the salary dumps are huge .. equals to about $4.5M)
Include Ryan McDonagh instead of O'Byrne and we'll start talking.

1st '09
Ryan McDonagh
Alexei Yemelin

for

Pavel Kubina
Nik Antropov

Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Antropov is no longer injury prone, and Kubina costing $5M is a good thing.

I swear, how many damn people think Kubina is overpaid? HE'S NOT! About half the leafs roster is. BUT NOT KUBINA!

Jeffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:32 PM
rebuildalongroad

How about
Kubina
for
Filatov

rebuildalongroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:33 PM
Greek_physique
Caron - Legit SNIPER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse Flying V View Post
I swear, how many damn people think Kubina is overpaid? HE'S NOT! About half the leafs roster is. BUT NOT KUBINA!
I feel Kubina is overpaid

Greek_physique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 04:12 PM
XweekendwarriorX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quik View Post

I dont see antrpov being a better player than zherdev. i mean antro is a good player but his health is a big problem. last year was the most games he played in a single year since 02-03 and this year he only had 56 points 10 more points than 02-03. antro and kubina are not worth cbus 3 offered draft picks.if it was there 1st and 4th round picks that maybe you do it. but look at the players taken after antro in his draft class and most are doing better than he has.

XweekendwarriorX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 08:52 PM
I am Canadian
Foreverly Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
I have seen Antropov play many, many times (CBC in Canada - they seem to only play the leafs games). Yes, he does have a big body and it is tough to knock him off the puck, but the same could be said for Z who is 5 years younger, much better on the puck (better vision) - better touch, he may never be a selke candidate, but he does play hard in the Dzone (look at his coach).

As for the PP time, well PP time is earned. If he was better around the net he would be in there for Tucker.

I would much rather have Z then Antropov and Kubina.

Trading for Kubina makes a lot of sence for Columbus, but adding Antropov makes none. I do like Kubina, but he is a 2nd pairing guy on playoff teams - that is making top pairing money. He would do well in Columbus, but I wouldn't trade the farm to get him. Something around Brule and a 3rd.
A 3rd? are you kidding? The sharks offered a 1st rounder and a good prospect for himm. And who are columbus' defensemen right now? I think hainey is going to make 4m this offseason? I would say that kubina and Antro is all you guys need to make the playoffs.