HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Speculation: Something Gainey may be thinking about

Old
06-25-2008, 08:18 PM
con310*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Well, as far as I know, Ice Poutine as been a member of the boards for awhile and he likes the Habs. He claims he drinks too much but that's only when he makes a mistake on the HFboards.

Oh, yeah, he does come up with some zingers every once in awhile, That's all I know about him.
LOL THAT JERK JUST GOT TOLD!

con310* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:29 PM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Absolutely no similarities between the two cases.
I think you read too much into what I wrote...Do I really need to tell you what I meant??? (we tend to give important roster spots in our projected lines and d-pairing to players we have never seen play). Are you the kind of people who you have to explain everything to?Or do you assume everyone else but you is an idiot? I happen to know all the differences between the two players and their situations...thanks anyways...

peperebougon* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 11:26 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
I think you read too much into what I wrote...Do I really need to tell you what I meant??? (we tend to give important roster spots in our projected lines and d-pairing to players we have never seen play). Are you the kind of people who you have to explain everything to?Or do you assume everyone else but you is an idiot? I happen to know all the differences between the two players and their situations...thanks anyways...
You compared a player we drafted, had the chance to follow for years and who's played on the international scene to a guy who was never drafted and offered a contract as an experiment.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 10:21 PM
peperebougon*

Quote:
You compared a player we drafted, had the chance to follow for years and who's played on the international scene to a guy who was never drafted and offered a contract as an experiment.
I DID NOT COMPARE THE 2 PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I COMPARE THE WAY WE TEND TO PUT PLAYERS WHOM WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IN THE LINE_UP!!!! GET IT??? IS THAT SO FREAKIN HARD TO UNDERSTAND????

I really hope you are trying to piss me off...because if not, you are the type of guy to whom you can't only ask to change the light bulb, you have to explain every step to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti-vite View Post
Its interesting you mention this. All this week I was quite certain that Maxim Trunev would become this years 'Yanne Laté'. However, there is some considerable restraint.

This thread does fulfill a yearly 'what must be'; overhype an 'unknwon' (in the sense not many have actually seen him play), yet pencil him into prospect into top 6 status (forwards), or top 4 D.

I must say, Beauregard has now gotten two years running a thread just after the draft. I think next season he gets some threads into the top 6 forwards.
see???

Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-27-2008 at 10:16 AM.
Old
06-26-2008, 10:28 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
I DID NOT COMPARE THE 2 PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I COMPARE THE WAY WE TEND TO PUT PLAYERS WHOM WE KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IN THE LINE_UP!!!! GET IT??? IS THAT SO FREAKIN HARD TO UNDERSTAND????

I really hope you are trying to piss me off...because if not, you are the type of guy to whom you can't only ask to change the light bulb, you have to explain every step to do it.
And what I'm saying there are some here who know and have followed Korneev. And quite a few have seen him play. It wasnt the case with Lahti. Maybe I should be the one making the little drawing.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 01:29 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
And what I'm saying there are some here who know and have followed Korneev. And quite a few have seen him play. It wasnt the case with Lahti. Maybe I should be the one making the little drawing.
I feel like I am arguing with my girlfriend... Nancy is that you????

Old
06-28-2008, 01:42 AM
Slick Nick

Is he still our property?

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 04:44 AM
peperebougon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
yes he is

Old
06-28-2008, 08:26 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
We own his NHL rights.... but he is not under contract.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 08:38 AM
JohnnyB11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montréal Russians View Post
Maybe Gainey will let go of Mark Streit and sign Konstantin Korneev. He will be less expensive and probably almost as effective.
I believe most people think it's safe to say that Bob Gainey is absolutely NOT thinking of this.

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
because he said so
Analyser or Korneev?

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 10:41 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Analyser or Korneev?
it was just a lame joke on my part. If Analyser says forget Korneev then we should all listen. Actually I never thought he would come over, I never even got around to doing a profile of him for my site, but it still would be cool if he did come over as I'd like to see what he can do. I think it will be a tough situation for him as he is in a good situation from the sounds of it, an RSL All Star/National team member/top pairing/likely making good money at home and wearing a A next year vs the uncertainty of coming over. But he's had back to back good years from what I'm told and we still own his rights, so there's hope something could be worked out perhaps. For the first time I can recall, I saw Timmins talk about him in an interview at habsinsideout so perhaps that's a good sign.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote