HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Quintal expects a trade

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2004, 08:00 AM
merlin

vCash: 500
Quintal expects a trade

Just read this in 24 heures, printed by the same company as the journal de Montreal and Metro, independant? ( both are free papers they give out in the Montreal subway) the Quintal expects the habs to rent a player for the rest of the season. If anything, I figure he is better informed than most of the posters here.

With the habs sliding toward a non playoff spring, things need a little shake-up. A rental could make sense unless they sacrifice a good prospect. The other interesting part of a good rental players is the fact that you get a compensatory pick once they leave and sign with someone else, in fact reducing the cost of the rental. A guy like Gonchar for example, will get good offers once a FA.

Old
02-16-2004, 08:11 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
I would be very surprised and disapointed if Quintal is traded. Before I get attacked, let me say this, Quintal brings a physical aspect to the game, which is something the Habs lack. If we trade him and Souray is injured, we have an incredibly soft defense. Quintal also is a BG kind of player, so I doubt he will leave. Also, I'm not sure if your source is that reliable.

Quintal is expecting the Habs to trade, not to be traded

Old
02-16-2004, 08:12 AM
DirtyJeeves

Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
I would be very surprised and disapointed if Quintal is traded. Before I get attacked, let me say this, Quintal brings a physical aspect to the game, which is something the Habs lack. If we trade him and Souray is injured, we have an incredibly soft defense. Quintal also is a BG kind of player, so I doubt he will leave. Also, I'm not sure if your source is that reliable.
I assume he means Quintal expects the Habs to make a move, not that he's expecting to be traded to another club.

Old
02-16-2004, 08:16 AM
felixd

Hahaha, thanks guys, I owe you one.

Old
02-16-2004, 09:21 AM
Rather Gingerly 1*

I hope MOntreal does not make a trade. Involving a young prospect anyway. They are too far away from being a good team and a rent a player is not worth losing a future Ryder, Markov or Garon on.

Old
02-16-2004, 03:19 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
I hope MOntreal does not make a trade. Involving a young prospect anyway. They are too far away from being a good team and a rent a player is not worth losing a future Ryder, Markov or Garon on.
they wont be trading those guys for a rental
they will be trading one of those guys for a sure fire, young stud, perennial all-star type player if they can get one though.. ie a brendan morrow or joe thornton, vincent lecavalier, ryan smyth type of guys.. not a rental.. someone who would be here longterm and who would contribute longterm.. those guys wouldnt be moved for short term gains.. gainey has a brain

Old
02-16-2004, 03:40 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08
they wont be trading those guys for a rental
they will be trading one of those guys for a sure fire, young stud, perennial all-star type player if they can get one though.. ie a brendan morrow or joe thornton, vincent lecavalier, ryan smyth type of guys.. not a rental.. someone who would be here longterm and who would contribute longterm.. those guys wouldnt be moved for short term gains.. gainey has a brain
I'm excited to see what Gainey will do. In Dallas he was able to get Zubov, Sydor, Moog all for cheap. He did give up Iginla, but it won him a cup with Niewendyk. All the rest of the players he got there were with Hicks's money, obviously.

Picking up a Gonchar for cheap would be a similar deal to getting Zubov, but we'd have to get rid of Rivet or Brisebois first I think to afford it, or maybe just buy out Patrice after this season?

Old
02-16-2004, 03:59 PM
sandman08

i doubt he buys out patrice after his tirade against the boo-birds earlier this year
i do think rivet is a possibility however, unless of course he goes on another tirade about booing rivet

Closed Thread