HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Quintal expects a trade

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2004, 08:00 AM
  #1
merlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: montreal
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quintal expects a trade

Just read this in 24 heures, printed by the same company as the journal de Montreal and Metro, independant? ( both are free papers they give out in the Montreal subway) the Quintal expects the habs to rent a player for the rest of the season. If anything, I figure he is better informed than most of the posters here.

With the habs sliding toward a non playoff spring, things need a little shake-up. A rental could make sense unless they sacrifice a good prospect. The other interesting part of a good rental players is the fact that you get a compensatory pick once they leave and sign with someone else, in fact reducing the cost of the rental. A guy like Gonchar for example, will get good offers once a FA.

merlin is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 08:11 AM
  #2
CoupeStanley
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Nicolet
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,525
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
I would be very surprised and disapointed if Quintal is traded. Before I get attacked, let me say this, Quintal brings a physical aspect to the game, which is something the Habs lack. If we trade him and Souray is injured, we have an incredibly soft defense. Quintal also is a BG kind of player, so I doubt he will leave. Also, I'm not sure if your source is that reliable.

Quintal is expecting the Habs to trade, not to be traded

CoupeStanley is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 08:12 AM
  #3
DirtyJeeves
Registered User
 
DirtyJeeves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Anderson, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 730
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DirtyJeeves
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixd
I would be very surprised and disapointed if Quintal is traded. Before I get attacked, let me say this, Quintal brings a physical aspect to the game, which is something the Habs lack. If we trade him and Souray is injured, we have an incredibly soft defense. Quintal also is a BG kind of player, so I doubt he will leave. Also, I'm not sure if your source is that reliable.
I assume he means Quintal expects the Habs to make a move, not that he's expecting to be traded to another club.

DirtyJeeves is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 08:16 AM
  #4
felixd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 6,216
vCash: 500
Hahaha, thanks guys, I owe you one.

felixd is online now  
Old
02-16-2004, 09:21 AM
  #5
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
I hope MOntreal does not make a trade. Involving a young prospect anyway. They are too far away from being a good team and a rent a player is not worth losing a future Ryder, Markov or Garon on.

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 03:19 PM
  #6
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
I hope MOntreal does not make a trade. Involving a young prospect anyway. They are too far away from being a good team and a rent a player is not worth losing a future Ryder, Markov or Garon on.
they wont be trading those guys for a rental
they will be trading one of those guys for a sure fire, young stud, perennial all-star type player if they can get one though.. ie a brendan morrow or joe thornton, vincent lecavalier, ryan smyth type of guys.. not a rental.. someone who would be here longterm and who would contribute longterm.. those guys wouldnt be moved for short term gains.. gainey has a brain

sandman08 is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 03:40 PM
  #7
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08
they wont be trading those guys for a rental
they will be trading one of those guys for a sure fire, young stud, perennial all-star type player if they can get one though.. ie a brendan morrow or joe thornton, vincent lecavalier, ryan smyth type of guys.. not a rental.. someone who would be here longterm and who would contribute longterm.. those guys wouldnt be moved for short term gains.. gainey has a brain
I'm excited to see what Gainey will do. In Dallas he was able to get Zubov, Sydor, Moog all for cheap. He did give up Iginla, but it won him a cup with Niewendyk. All the rest of the players he got there were with Hicks's money, obviously.

Picking up a Gonchar for cheap would be a similar deal to getting Zubov, but we'd have to get rid of Rivet or Brisebois first I think to afford it, or maybe just buy out Patrice after this season?

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 03:59 PM
  #8
sandman08
Registered User
 
sandman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Hyderabad, India
Country: India
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 500
i doubt he buys out patrice after his tirade against the boo-birds earlier this year
i do think rivet is a possibility however, unless of course he goes on another tirade about booing rivet

sandman08 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.