HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Opinion: Kaberle is a Goner

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2004, 06:39 AM
GD|eNSo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasting time
Piss off. Watch Pat's Perspective on Leafs TV.
Is it possible, for you to get a transcript of "Pat's Perspective" when he mentioned, what you said he did. Don't get me wrong, but some people do tend to misquote and take things out of context.

I agree with, "Blue and White". It just dosn't sound like Pat Quinn would say that; even if he did, the vultures in the media would be circling this, like mad.

Old
02-17-2004, 06:50 AM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by emenius
Is it possible, for you to get a transcript of "Pat's Perspective" when he mentioned, what you said he did. Don't get me wrong, but some people do tend to misquote and take things out of context.

I agree with, "Blue and White". It just dosn't sound like Pat Quinn would say that; even if he did, the vultures in the media would be circling this, like mad.
I checked out the web for the archives and they only have archives from 2003. I checked the future schedule for Leafs TV and don't see it. I have done my part. If you want a trasnscript knock yourself out.

Old
02-17-2004, 06:52 AM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
Also when your team's in a playoff hunt for first, you just don't do this sort of stuff.
And note that any defenseman who plays "55 minutes" is doing one hell of a job.
Hey smart ass! Ever heard of 60 minutes of effort? I think that what he was referring to. You can piss off too.

Old
02-17-2004, 06:53 AM
wasting time

Quote:
I'm thinking the same thing. Quinn has never said this about anyone and Kaberle's been playing well as of late. And since no-one else brought this up, I'll assume it untrue.

I can also guarantee it wasn't during the post-game of the Buffalo game since I listened to the whole thing (which was pretty short).
Can you guarantee it wasn't during the post game from Buffalo? Me too. Because he said it on Pat's Perspective.

Old
02-17-2004, 11:01 AM
BlueAndWhite

Quote:
Piss off. Watch Pat's Perspective on Leafs TV.
No, I will not piss off. Comments that were not as harsh as this have created much more controversy in the Toronto media.

You would think Quinn ripping into his supposed two top defensemen would generate more than...well....nothing...

Old
02-17-2004, 12:41 PM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAndWhite
No, I will not piss off. Comments that were not as harsh as this have created much more controversy in the Toronto media.

You would think Quinn ripping into his supposed two top defensemen would generate more than...well....nothing...
You accused me of making this up. We'll I didn't so piss off! You can rationalize this anyway you want. You're just pissed because a Leafs fan actually thinks that Philadelphia is better than Toronto by a fair margin. Eh homer?

Old
02-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Hounsy

vCash: 559
Well to rip into your Defensman with the best +/- as a disapointment for the season thus far must mean he had really low expectations for the rest of the D

If not why not center any of them out as playing poorly?

For the record though this only reinforces that Kab's is not moving, Quinn's been around too long to do anything that would lower the value of a commodity they may be moving.

Old
02-17-2004, 01:46 PM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hounsy
Well to rip into your Defensman with the best +/- as a disapointment for the season thus far must mean he had really low expectations for the rest of the D

If not why not center any of them out as playing poorly?

For the record though this only reinforces that Kab's is not moving, Quinn's been around too long to do anything that would lower the value of a commodity they may be moving.

For all those disbelievers, I am going to contact Leafs TV BY PHONE and ask for the transcripts. The fact that anyone would actually make a trasncript of a web conference is doubtful, but I'll see.

I can't believe I am doing this.

It is certainly odd that Quinn said these things. Maybe it was a weak moment following a bad loss against Buffalo in the friendly confines of Harry Neale.

And maybe he realized what is seeming to be perfectly evident now, that the only person watching was "wasting time." :dazzle:

Old
02-17-2004, 02:14 PM
Rand

How about you all piss off?
The grumpy power mad Moderator can make it happen.

Now that I've hopefully got your attention, everyone want to try calming down a bit?

02-17-2004, 02:20 PM
GD|eNSo

Everyone is pretty calm, except one person.

Old
02-17-2004, 02:51 PM
Hounsy

vCash: 559
My comments where about disagreeing with what Quinn said and whether he should have said them. I was not questoning that he indeed said them.

Last edited by Hounsy: 02-17-2004 at 02:56 PM.
Old
02-17-2004, 02:54 PM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hounsy
My comments where about diagreeing with what Quinn said and whether he should have said them. I was not questoning that he indeed said them.

I know, I hit reply on your comment to respond, but then also put in a response to the earlier comments all in one.

I'll do it again here...

"I contacted Leafs TV and left a message. Never expect to hear again."

Old
02-17-2004, 02:56 PM
Verbal Kint*

Sorry buddy, it just seemed kind of wierd. I also rarely trust "paraphrasing," I find people let their own opinion influence their version.

Old
02-17-2004, 04:01 PM
wasting time

Quote:
Sorry buddy, it just seemed kind of wierd. I also rarely trust "paraphrasing," I find people let their own opinion influence their version.
I was at home around 3PM yesterday and on came the old goat. In came a female caller praising Kaberle for 2 points and off he went...I could not believe it either - a la my creation of a new thread.

Old
02-17-2004, 04:10 PM
sluggo*

As critical as I am about Kaberle's defensive game (and hes a liability in his own end), his offensive game and skills with the puck are some of the best in the NHL, and you can't move a player who brings that to the table without getting a replacment back.

I wouldn't be susprised if Ferguson does get Gonchar (who we all know/heard he likes and wants to get), who does bring pretty much the same skill set to the table that Kaberle does (only hes more productive, and more phyiscal) it wouldn't susprise me to see Kaberle moved in a deal for someone like a Jason Smith or a Boughner/O'Neill type package, however if he isn't able to get Gonchar I doubt he'd move Kaberle.

Old
02-17-2004, 04:15 PM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo
As critical as I am about Kaberle's defensive game (and hes a liability in his own end), his offensive game and skills with the puck are some of the best in the NHL, and you can't move a player who brings that to the table without getting a replacment back.

I wouldn't be susprised if Ferguson does get Gonchar (who we all know/heard he likes and wants to get), who does bring pretty much the same skill set to the table that Kaberle does (only hes more productive, and more phyiscal) it wouldn't susprise me to see Kaberle moved in a deal for someone like a Jason Smith or a Boughner/O'Neill type package, however if he isn't able to get Gonchar I doubt he'd move Kaberle.

I am 100% agreement with this. Kaberle stays unless Gonchar comes in. Maybe its Coli and a package for Gonchar, whatever, but if Gonchar comes in the front door then Kaberle is out the back for what you say, a Smith deal or Boughner/Oneill deal, whatever.

Old
02-17-2004, 05:47 PM
Augustus
HFBoards Sponsor

Trading Kaberle, despite his difficulties this year, would be a dreadful mistake. He is an enormously talented puck carrier and passer and shooter (if he'd only shoot). Defensive play is not his long suit but he is far from the weakest link on this Leaf team defensively.

Besides, what would I do with my Leaf jersey that I spent money on to have #15 inscribed?

Old
02-17-2004, 05:50 PM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiled in Florida
Trading Kaberle, despite his difficulties this year, would be a dreadful mistake. He is an enormously talented puck carrier and passer and shooter (if he'd only shoot). Defensive play is not his long suit but he is far from the weakest link on this Leaf team defensively.

Besides, what would I do with my Leaf jersey that I spent money on to have #15 inscribed?

I am not in favor of trading Kaberle. Unless you can get something even better obviously.

this is my thanks for being obvious stare

Old
02-17-2004, 05:57 PM
Verbal Kint*

Quote:
I am not in favor of trading Kaberle. Unless you can get something even better obviously.

this is my thanks for being obvious stare
Its a very nice stare sir.

Old
02-17-2004, 06:26 PM
GoM

It's almost as nice a stare as mine when I thought this thread title read "Opinion: Kaberle is a Boner!"

Old
02-17-2004, 06:27 PM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoM
It's almost as nice a stare as mine when I thought this thread title read "Opinion: Kaberle is a Boner!"

I get Leafs TV and consume as much Leafs content as I can but I don't know him THAT well.

Old
02-22-2004, 09:39 AM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAndWhite
Not only that, the comments appear to be VERY harsh and it would have definitely be mentioned in the papers, even in passing.

Seems like this is untrue..

Well I found it.

Specifically for Blue and White and Maple Leafs Forever I guess.

I thought the show was called Pat's Perspective but it is actually called Behind the Bench. Pat's Perspective was last year's show. It can be found on the Sympatico web site under the Buffalo game in February.

Quinn said all of the things that I said he did, plus some more things that I did not include originally. Joe Bowen diffused his comments slightly putting Quinn's perspective into a recent trend of Thomas's play and not an indictment of Kaberle's year, and Quinn went along with it, but I think Quinn was clearly referring to Kaberle's year - especially when he talks about how the team is having difficulties "rating" Thomas's play on a scale.

I expressed my opinion saying that I have never previosuly ever heard Quinn say these sorts of things and that when I combine all the rumors and speculation, I believe that "Kaberle is a Goner."

For all you homers out there. It is my opinion based on what I am hearing.

And this is an opinion board which welcomes opinions for debate.

Please do not accuse me of making things up anymore.

Old
02-22-2004, 09:55 AM
wasting time

Quote:
Well I found it.

Specifically for Blue and White and Maple Leafs Forever I guess.

I thought the show was called Pat's Perspective but it is actually called Behind the Bench. Pat's Perspective was last year's show. It can be found on the Sympatico web site under the Buffalo game in February.

Quinn said all of the things that I said he did, plus some more things that I did not include originally. Joe Bowen diffused his comments slightly putting Quinn's perspective into a recent trend of Thomas's play and not an indictment of Kaberle's year, and Quinn went along with it, but I think Quinn was clearly referring to Kaberle's year - especially when he talks about how the team is having difficulties "rating" Thomas's play on a scale.

I expressed my opinion saying that I have never previosuly ever heard Quinn say these sorts of things and that when I combine all the rumors and speculation, I believe that "Kaberle is a Goner."

For all you homers out there. It is my opinion based on what I am hearing.

And this is an opinion board which welcomes opinions for debate.

Please do not accuse me of making things up anymore.
listening to his exact words several times over, an argument could be made that Quinn was talking about Kaberle's recent play, not the year, and that the grading he was referring to was perhaps on a game to game grading scale. You have to keep in mind that when I recorded the comments I was working on something else and wrote down what I heard as I remembered it. For example, I thought the moderator was Harry Neale, not Joe Bowen. Oops.

Still, I have never heard Quinn say this about a player before.

Old
02-22-2004, 11:17 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
listening to his exact words several times over, an argument could be made that Quinn was talking about Kaberle's recent play, not the year, and that the grading he was referring to was perhaps on a game to game grading scale. You have to keep in mind that when I recorded the comments I was working on something else and wrote down what I heard as I remembered it. For example, I thought the moderator was Harry Neale, not Joe Bowen. Oops.

Still, I have never heard Quinn say this about a player before.
I think either you have a typo in the Thread header as I believe you meant to say
rather than "Kaberle is a Goner." but in fact "Kaberle is a Gonchar." , that is what I think will happen, but I would only do it If it was a bigger deal and Gonchar and Witt where Toronto bound..

Old
02-22-2004, 12:10 PM
wasting time

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
I think either you have a typo in the Thread header as I believe you meant to say
rather than "Kaberle is a Goner." but in fact "Kaberle is a Gonchar." , that is what I think will happen, but I would only do it If it was a bigger deal and Gonchar and Witt where Toronto bound..

If the price for Gonchar is Colaiacovo, Stajan or Antropov and a pick (say 2nd) then I don't do it. Unless of course McPhee is willing to consider Kaberle as an option and/or Witt is available.

I could handle:
Kaberle and a first for Gonchar

or

Kaberle and Colaiacovo for Gonchar and Witt

something like that.

Closed Thread