HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Smyth to the Habs

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2004, 05:58 AM
hunter orange

vCash: 500
Here are the moves I'd like to see:

Smith ------ for ----- Kozlov/ Antropov (maybe change added on either side)

Smyth, Rita, Philly's 3rd ----- for ----- Pyatt & Biron

Cross, 3rd/ Salmelainen (type) ----- for ----- Skoula

Torres York Dvorak
Pyatt Antropov Hemsky
Horcoff Stoll Isbister
Moreau Reasoner Laraque

Brewer Skoula
Staois Woywitka/ Lynch
Ulanov Semenov

Biron/ Conklin

Old
02-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter orange
Here are the moves I'd like to see:

Smith ------ for ----- Kozlov/ Antropov (maybe change added on either side)

Smyth, Rita, Philly's 3rd ----- for ----- Pyatt & Biron

Cross, 3rd/ Salmelainen (type) ----- for ----- Skoula

Torres York Dvorak
Pyatt Antropov Hemsky
Horcoff Stoll Isbister
Moreau Reasoner Laraque

Brewer Skoula
Staois Woywitka/ Lynch
Ulanov Semenov

Biron/ Conklin
I think that most of the trades are good valuewise but bad timing wise. I like the first trade and can see that Toronto, with its veteran centres, might be willing to deal away Antropov for Smith. Can Antropov stay away from injuries?

But I can't see Buffalo trading away their #1/2 goalie heading into the playoffs. maybe during the offseason, with the development of Ryan Miller, but then they probably wouldn't be as interested in Smyth.

As for Skoula, I think he could help the Oil, but I don't see why the Avs would be interested in trading away Skoula for Cross + Salmo. I dunno, they might be more interested in J. Smith instead.

Old
02-18-2004, 02:56 PM
bucksoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future=Hossa
To EDM:

Andrei Markov,Richard Zednik,2rd Pick In 2004

TO MTL:

Ryan Smyth,Doug Lynch, 1rd pick In 2005

opinion??
Sure... IMO:

Smyth >> Zednik (considering he's signed long term, wants to stay, and his intangibles)

Lynch, 1st >= Markov, 2nd. In this case, Markov is the less risky young player, but EDM scouts and management are pretty sold on Lynch's all around game, plus the fact that he was Woywitka's partner in junior. They might part with him for Markov (it truely is a matter of how much faith they have in their own scouting), but they certainly wouldn't turn in a 1st for a 2nd to make up for any difference... if they even percieve a difference in the first place.

This type of deal just wouldn't happen, unless EDM management had no faith in their own players/scouting.

Old
02-18-2004, 08:46 PM
hunter orange

If Colarado were interested in Jason Smith, I'd like to think Lowe would do his best to address two of our needs at once...a puck-moving defenseman for the PP and goaltending.

Smith, Bergeron, Philly's 3rd ----- for ----- Skoula, Sauve

** Maybe not enough from Edmonton

Last edited by hunter orange: 02-18-2004 at 09:05 PM.
Old
02-19-2004, 12:44 PM
Master Lok

Quote:
If Colarado were interested in Jason Smith, I'd like to think Lowe would do his best to address two of our needs at once...a puck-moving defenseman for the PP and goaltending.

man, after that colorado game last night. I saw Skoula doing his imitation of Tom Poti in front of the net, just sticking his stick at the opposing forward instead of KNOCKING HIM DOWN. Man, maybe we don't need him that badly. The defensive laxness of Poti is bringing back recurring nightmares in front of the net...

Old
02-19-2004, 12:50 PM
oil slick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

After last nights display it's more than enough. Skoula would have been annihilated on these boards for some of his defensive plays, and Sauve looked terrible (that first goal was mind-bogglingly bad). Mind you, I probably shouldn't judge them by one game, but both looked terrible last night (although the entire Avs team sucked). Personally I'd rather try to nab Garon than Sauve, although what do I know?

Old
02-19-2004, 12:56 PM
USC Trojans
AD

I like Balej...he seems like a very skilled forward (seen a couple of highlight clips on him). But aren't the Habs really high on this guy?

Closed Thread