HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hurricanes Agree To Terms With Tuomo Ruutu

Old
06-24-2008, 05:15 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storminator16 View Post
Just my opinion, but he's gone first chance Rutherford gets to trade him. I'd bet on it.
I don't think any teams will trade want to trade for that contract. A one year contract at 2.25 million for a player who has constantly underachieved/been injured most of his NHL career won't bring you back much (that we need). Now if he starts playing out of his mind the first half the season, that might be different.. but JR would be an idiot to trade him if that happens.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 06:06 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Not to get raise any nationalistic issues, but from his play last year, TR shouldn't be on a scoring line. He was given every opportunity to produce with Toews & Kane, and just failed.

I hope that TR can get his career back on track, but I'm afraid that he's not a scoring line player at this point due to the injuries he's suffered.
The good thing for Ruutu is that in Carolina even on the third line he'll be playing with other talented forwards because of our depth. Doesn't have to log high minutes but he won't be playing with rookies and grinders.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 10:20 PM
PACaptain

Ruutu is perpetually on the verge of a breakout season. I hope he can finally do it but Tuomo can still contribute even if he does not reach his full potential.

PACaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACaptain View Post
Ruutu is perpetually on the verge of a breakout season. I hope he can finally do it but Tuomo can still contribute even if he does not reach his full potential.

agreed. we all know he can score, and all know he hasnt been like he can. with how high of scoring the Canes can be, he has a really good chance of breaking through this season, even if he stays on the 3rd line all season (as opposed to some time on the 2nd or 1st due to other players' injuries, which we KNOW will happen, it always does)

he brings more than that, though, which is why he is SO invaluable. esp to our team, who, besides him, has to dig deep in our prospects for guys who are hardly skaters, much less hockey players.... (Carson, Brookbank.....)

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 11:17 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecusiouxcanesguy View Post
he brings more than that, though, which is why he is SO invaluable. esp to our team, who, besides him, has to dig deep in our prospects for guys who are hardly skaters, much less hockey players.... (Carson, Brookbank.....)
Wait...what? Carson is a solid prospect. I assume you mean Conboy but even then I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Those guys aren't even prospects.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote