HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Nikita Kashirsky

Old
01-31-2010, 01:36 AM
brayden11

vCash: 500
has looked pretty good so far
i wonder if the canucks will sign him?

brayden11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2010, 04:06 PM
RobertKron

If he does well, I could certainly see the Moose keeping him around, as they're in pretty tough for centres. If he does well in Manitoba, the Canucks will likely try to sign him as they have with Burrows, Jaffray, Pope, Desbiens, etc.

RobertKron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 08:17 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Is he playing at centre with Manitoba right now? Eliteprospects and Hockeydb just have him listed as 'F' instead of the usual Left Wing, Right Wing or Centre. Does that mean he can play any position?

He's already once scored today on a clean breakaway, and now has 2 goals in 5 games with the Moose. Is his skating really that brutal like some people said, because it didn't seem all that bad.

vanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Backstrom #19
Trotz for president

vCash: 50
They've got him listed as a LW on the AHL's website.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2010, 09:18 PM
CAPiTA

Hopefully he does well. We could always use another Burrows.

CAPiTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 674

Whats the latest on this guy?

He only put up 3 points in 16 games with Manitoba. Is he just too slow for even the AHL?

Thanks.

Evgeny Oliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 02:06 AM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2forsbergaura1 View Post
Whats the latest on this guy?

He only put up 3 points in 16 games with Manitoba. Is he just too slow for even the AHL?

Thanks.
He didn't seem that slow actually, but the coaches might've thought otherwise. He may be 25 but it's not impossible to improve your skating if you work really hard at it. Didn't he re-sign with South Carolina? I was hoping the Moose would give him another chance...

Old
08-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
He didn't seem that slow actually, but the coaches might've thought otherwise. He may be 25 but it's not impossible to improve your skating if you work really hard at it. Didn't he re-sign with South Carolina? I was hoping the Moose would give him another chance...
He did. He went back to South Carolina after his stint with the Moose (source). Their homepage is seemingly undergoing some renovations or something, as they only have 4 players (all defensemen) listed on their 2010/11 roster right now. I haven't come across anything suggesting that they don't expect him back... yet.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 10:42 AM
FeedDaPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
He did. He went back to South Carolina after his stint with the Moose (source). Their homepage is seemingly undergoing some renovations or something, as they only have 4 players (all defensemen) listed on their 2010/11 roster right now. I haven't come across anything suggesting that they don't expect him back... yet.
He signed with hershey. He is not going back to the Stingrays

FeedDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck View Post
He signed with hershey. He is not going back to the Stingrays
I'd love a link to that. I've done a brief search of their homepage (including the News->Press Releases) and have seen mention of many signings (Rome, Rechlicz, Ford, Kane, Yeo, Willsie, Nycholat with the Bears, and qualifying offers from Wash. for Gordon, Joudrey, McNeill, Miskovic, Beagle, Greentree and Fahey), but no mention of Kashirsky. On top of that, the 2010/11 roster page is currently blank (just like the Stingrays' roster page aside from 4 defensemen).

And I mean something better than this link that sites "sources": http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...h-ahl-hershey/

Old
08-10-2010, 01:26 PM
Andrew

It's FeedDaPuck. Just believe him. Pretty good source IMO. He's been right about Russian prospect stuff in the past. He knows/is Dmitri Kugryshev, wouldn't shock me if he knew Kashirsky too.

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Backstrom #19
Trotz for president

vCash: 50
Quote:
I'd love a link to that. I've done a brief search of their homepage (including the News->Press Releases) and have seen mention of many signings (Rome, Rechlicz, Ford, Kane, Yeo, Willsie, Nycholat with the Bears, and qualifying offers from Wash. for Gordon, Joudrey, McNeill, Miskovic, Beagle, Greentree and Fahey), but no mention of Kashirsky. On top of that, the 2010/11 roster page is currently blank (just like the Stingrays' roster page aside from 4 defensemen).

And I mean something better than this link that sites "sources": http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...h-ahl-hershey/
FeedDaPuck is a reliable source on his own...But here are some links...

Quote:
~ Not sure if I mentioned this but forward Nikita Kashirsky was also signed by the Bears for the 2010-11 season. He spent most of 09-10 in South Carolina, recording 19 goals and 16 assists in 39 games for the Stingrays. He also played in 25 games in the AHL for Manitoba and Springfield.
http://hersheybearshockey.blogspot.c...een-while.html

Quote:
On paper it looks like Hershey is going through a bit of a youth movement. Several key guys in their runs at Calder Cups are no longer with the team, most notable would be Alex Giroux, who signed with Edmonton, and Chris Bourque, the Calder Cup playoff MVP, who is going to Russia to play this season.

That’s a big chunk out of their offensive arsenal. It means that guys like Nikita Karshirsky will get an opportunity to make the team this season.
http://www.postandcourier.com/blogs/...entId=blogDest

He's signed with the Hershey Bears for next season, but he's still got to earn a spot on the team. It wouldn't surprise me if the ended up with the South Carolina Stingrays again.

Backstrom #19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
FeedDaPuck is a reliable source on his own...But here are some links...

http://hersheybearshockey.blogspot.c...een-while.html

http://www.postandcourier.com/blogs/...entId=blogDest

He's signed with the Hershey Bears for next season, but he's still got to earn a spot on the team. It wouldn't surprise me if the ended up with the South Carolina Stingrays again.
Cheers for the links. Even if one is from the same source as my original post (the Post and Courier), multiple sources (and FeedDaPuck's "cred") are good enough for me on this one. Shouldn't expect minor league team homepage editors/updaters to be on the ball in the off season, I guess.

Old
08-10-2010, 08:01 PM
vanuck
#Gaunce4GM

Wow, Hershey looks like they've still got a lot of good players, even though some of their vets have signed elsewhere. Obviously their offensive depth won't be as great anymore but they still have quite a few players returning. It still irks me that they signed Yeo, who I really wanted to see more of while staying in the organization.

Old
08-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Brandinho
destinado a morir

Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
He knows/is Dmitri Kugryshev, wouldn't shock me if he knew Kashirsky too.
LOL, yes I'm sure Dmitry Kugryshev posts on HF.

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 03:10 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Cheers for the links. Even if one is from the same source as my original post (the Post and Courier), multiple sources (and FeedDaPuck's "cred") are good enough for me on this one. Shouldn't expect minor league team homepage editors/updaters to be on the ball in the off season, I guess.
Yes, it has been reported by several reputable sources that Kashirsky is signed a contract with Hershey for the 2010-11 season.

Hershey currently has 11 players under contract for next season either on AHL or AHL/ECHL contracts based on press releases from Hershey as well as reports by Tim Leone and Andrew Miller.

2010-2011 Hershey Bears AHL Contracts (11 announced):

Jared DeMichiel, G; Todd Ford, G; Boyd Kane, F (AHL vet); Nikita Kashirsky, F; Johan Kroll, D; Grant McNeill, F(/D); Lawrence Nycholat, D (AHL vet); Joel Rechlicz, F; Ashton Rome, F; Patrick Wellar, D; Dylan Yeo, D

2010-2011 SC Stingrays AHL Contracts (4 announced): Jeff Caister, D; Grant Farrell, D; Zach Jones, D; Derek Keller, D

Regarding the SC website, you will only see players listed at this time if they are on an ECHL-only contract. You aren't going to see any of the players signed to AHL or AHL/ECHL contracts listed on the Stingrays website until the players are assigned to the ECHL team by Hershey during or after training camp. And while SC does have more than 4 players signed to ECHL contracts at this time based on reports, only 4 are announced due to various reasons including the immigration paperwork for some players.

FYI, the Post and Courier article and blog - Andrew Miller is the beat writer for the SC Stingrays...it's not just a random blogger posting the information. He also has contributed to the SC Stingrays radio broadcasts in the past, providing color commentary for home games.

Hershey just recently announced the Rome signing, which was also reported back in May. Sometimes the signings never get officially announced in a press release, just the way it is with minor league sports sometimes. The Hershey beat writer, Tim Leone, also tries to report signings in his coverage when he learns of them.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
Regarding the SC website, you will only see players listed at this time if they are on an ECHL-only contract. You aren't going to see any of the players signed to AHL or AHL/ECHL contracts listed on the Stingrays website until the players are assigned to the ECHL team by Hershey during or after training camp. And while SC does have more than 4 players signed to ECHL contracts at this time based on reports, only 4 are announced due to various reasons including the immigration paperwork for some players.
Yeah, I figured out as much, but good point(s).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
FYI, the Post and Courier article and blog - Andrew Miller is the beat writer for the SC Stingrays...it's not just a random blogger posting the information. He also has contributed to the SC Stingrays radio broadcasts in the past, providing color commentary for home games.
The intention wasn't to portray it as a "random blogger". My point was simply that one "source" (in this case, the P&C and their staff) repeating itself doesn't constitute "multiple" sources in my mind, which I was hoping to find. Thanks again to those (Backstrom #19) who either have or will provide(d) me with what I was looking for.

Old
10-22-2013, 06:43 PM
th3ory

I know this is an old thread but I played with Kashirsky on a summer development team a while back and stumbled upon this page when trying to see where he's at now(England). But, to the Ovechkin best friend doubters:
http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...kashirsky.jpeg
Nikita also had a lot of pictures with ovie on facebook although I don't have it anymore to provide links.

th3ory is offline   Reply With Quote