HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canadiens extend qualifying offers to six players

Old
06-25-2008, 12:06 PM
LeafsAlive*

vCash: 500
Canadiens extend qualifying offers to six players

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2416...s=secStory_nhl

LeafsAlive* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 12:08 PM
The Overseer*

They didn't extend anybody, they made 6 qualifying offers.

Bad, bad thread.

edit - I see you've changed both your post and the thread title. still not thread-worthy. this is going to happen a hundred times in the next week, to almost every RFA in the league.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 12:10 PM
LeafsAlive*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlak View Post

Bad, bad thread.
I just copied the TSN title...

LeafsAlive* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 12:12 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:

Bad, bad thread.
I'm pretty sure the OP "extend offers" as in they gave qualifying offers to 6 players.

Anyways, no real surprises, but it'll be interesting to see what Locke decides to do. He seems to have no real future in the NHL so he may try his hand in Europe. Grabovski is also a question mark, he may follow Perezhogin's lead and go to Russia.

And there seems to be a deal in place for Kostitsyn, which is good to hear. Halak is looking for two years.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 01:18 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
does this mean janne lahti is a FA?

what's the deal with him? worth signing by anyone?

06-25-2008, 01:20 PM
JerseyMike

I could of sworn I read somewhere that today is the deadline to make an offer to your RFAs in order to retain their rights, if that's the case, rather then make a thread about every teams QOs there should be one for the players that weren't given an offer and will be UFAs come July 1.

Edit: Yep what I mentioned is mentioned in the artice....and of note?....Jimmy Bonneau and Marvin Degon were not qualifyed and will be UFA's

JerseyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 01:29 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post

He already went back to Finland I believe. I know he's not with the Habs anymore (maybe we still hold his rights?? Not sure).

Anyway yeah this is pretty much a formality for all teams, not worth making a topic for each one.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:

Lahti signed in Europe earlier this month. He was a marginal 3rd liner in Hamilton this season and he didn't seem to have a whole lot of upside. He's a good all-around player but not a very good skater. Good defensively and seems to be okay in the offensive zone. Given that he's turning 26 this summer I highly doubt anyone will give him a shot, and I think he'd rather play at home anyway.

At least he tried to make the NHL.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 01:41 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
He had size and a good shot. That was about it though.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Skyblaze

I just have a question about Locke's status. Does the fact that he has a qualifying offer make the Habs retain his rights should he decide to go play in Europe or does he still end up a free agent if he plays there for a year?

It could also be to let him know that if he changes his mind about Europe, he's always welcome to stay with the Dogs. He's still a good AHLer who could play a few NHL games if we get hit by the injury bug.

Skyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 05:57 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:

Bad, bad thread.

edit - I see you've changed both your post and the thread title. still not thread-worthy. this is going to happen a hundred times in the next week, to almost every RFA in the league.
a hundred times in the next week? The deadline is today so unless people start postring threads like crazy i doubt we even come close to 10...let alone 100

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Mortal Fear*

I think it's definitely thread worthy, especially for the ones that aren't extended qualifying offers and will become free agents.

Mortal Fear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 03:37 AM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
Lahti signed in Europe earlier this month. He was a marginal 3rd liner in Hamilton this season and he didn't seem to have a whole lot of upside. He's a good all-around player but not a very good skater. Good defensively and seems to be okay in the offensive zone. Given that he's turning 26 this summer I highly doubt anyone will give him a shot, and I think he'd rather play at home anyway.

At least he tried to make the NHL.
haha i still remember last season everyone hyped him up to be on our second line... he was the biggest disapointed of the last season id say.

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 05:56 AM
The Overseer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
a hundred times in the next week? The deadline is today so unless people start postring threads like crazy i doubt we even come close to 10...let alone 100
There are 150-200 RFAs, most of whom received qualifying offers, undoubtedly. Do we need seperate threads for all of them? That was my point.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 06:28 AM
wedge

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresNoOtherNames View Post
haha i still remember last season everyone hyped him up to be on our second line... he was the biggest disapointed of the last season id say.

ahhaha yeah I remember... It's funny when we think about it.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 06:31 AM
DEMOMAHN*

Send a message via MSN to DEMOMAHN*
Quote:
There are 150-200 RFAs, most of whom received qualifying offers, undoubtedly. Do we need seperate threads for all of them? That was my point.
I didn't really get a "point" from your post. All I took away from it really is that you're quite rude.

DEMOMAHN* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Phenomenon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheresNoOtherNames View Post
It was more like those who had never seen him live hyped him (as usual). At least most of the Finnish posters were very sceptical about his success in NHL.

Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 10:04 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

no it appears the Habs have qualified Lahti as well as Marvin Degon, TSN just didn't have them listed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyblaze View Post
I just have a question about Locke's status. Does the fact that he has a qualifying offer make the Habs retain his rights should he decide to go play in Europe or does he still end up a free agent if he plays there for a year?

It could also be to let him know that if he changes his mind about Europe, he's always welcome to stay with the Dogs. He's still a good AHLer who could play a few NHL games if we get hit by the injury bug.
The Habs keeps his rights, so if he goes to any of the Euro leagues, they will still own his rights. He has an offer from one of the Swiss league teams. The Habs did the same thing with Andre Benoit and Alexandre Perezhogin, so they still hold their rights even though they left for the Euro leagues.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote