HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Prospect Thread II

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2009, 01:08 PM
FlaggerX

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
Plehkanov took a step backward last year and was no asset in his own end. If he'd been NHL worthy, he'd have come up. We could have used his booming shot.

Seems like they're making it sound like the Jackets were unfair to him, when he really never showed that much

Old
10-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludicrous Speed View Post
Thanks for the update Mac. How did he look otherwise?
He made a lot of simple, smart plays. Just what you'd want from a defenseman. As advertised, he has a great first pass. I love his slapper too.

We've got a good one, that's for sure.

Old
10-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
from www.russianprospects.com

Quote:
Dynamo Moscow trades for Andrei Plekhanov (Columbus Blue Jackets)

-----------------
Kontinental Hockey League (KHL) - As expected Andrei Plekhanov (Columbus Blue Jackets) returned in Russia after refusing to report to the AHL. Dynamo Moscow organized a trade with Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk - the team who held his KHL rights - that sent forward Maxim Pestushko to Neftekhimik and Plekhanov to Moscow, in a similar way to the old Pavel Valentenko (New York Rangers)'s trade. Plekhanov's debut date isn't set yet.

10-06-2009, 12:19 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Seren Rosso View Post
That seems a bit misleading; I don't think he ever "refused to report" to Syracuse; he was just sent back overseas. He was pulled out of the middle of a practice.

Hopefully he finds his game sometime, but I don't expect to see much of him over here again.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
10-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Aging Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
That seems a bit misleading; I don't think he ever "refused to report" to Syracuse; he was just sent back overseas. He was pulled out of the middle of a practice.

Hopefully he finds his game sometime, but I don't expect to see much of him over here again.
Sounds like twisting words to me also. I remember that our report saying he was sent back also.

Old
10-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Brock

Saw John Moore today against the Soo.

It was my first look at Moore and I was impressed...although admittedly not as "wowed" as I expected myself to be. Perhaps it was all the hype that got me thinking he was going to dominate. The skating ability was definitely as advertised. Very smooth skater who carries the puck up ice with ease. That being said, I'd like to see him use that ability to generate more scoring chances. Maybe it's a confidence thing or a feeling out process, but for the majority his rushes ended with him just dumping the puck into the zone. Defensively, he uses his skating ability to really stay with forwards and plays a solid positional game. He did make an error in coverage on the first Greyhounds goal though, failing to tie up his man (Livingston) as he put home the cross crease pass. Played a solid game, but I did expect a little more. But as I mentioned, it could have been due to unfair expectations.

Old
10-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Skraut

Thanks for keeping us informed on Moore. Please give us updates when you can.

Old
10-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Will Weber with 3 assists in 3 games for Miami. Goloubef with an assist in 2 games for Wisconsin. Vogelhuber with 1 assist.

I've been a critic of Will Weber, but if he can play the way he's been I like the pick. Goloubef is still solid. Reminds me of Tyutin.

On a side note, I really want to acquire Kyle Palmieri somehow. Some of you might remember me pimping him before the draft, and he looks so good at ND. I would part with our 1st round pick this year for him. We're extremely thin on the center prospects and he'll be a good one in the near future.

Old
10-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

I guess Vogelhuber's knee injury in the National Final wasn't that bad?

Old
10-20-2009, 10:23 AM
OnYourIgnoreList

Twp prospects I'm excited about:

Matt Calvert's got 6-2-8 in 8 GP for Brandon so far. (linemate Scott Glennie has 5-8-13 in 10).

Kevin Lych has 0-0-0 in 2 GP for U. of M so far.

Old
10-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Will Weber with 3 assists in 3 games for Miami. Goloubef with an assist in 2 games for Wisconsin. Vogelhuber with 1 assist.

I've been a critic of Will Weber, but if he can play the way he's been I like the pick. Goloubef is still solid. Reminds me of Tyutin.

On a side note, I really want to acquire Kyle Palmieri somehow. Some of you might remember me pimping him before the draft, and he looks so good at ND. I would part with our 1st round pick this year for him. We're extremely thin on the center prospects and he'll be a good one in the near future.
If we're looking to steal center prospects, I want John Albert.

*braces for inevitable "boo, Buckeye homer" jeers*

Old
10-30-2009, 09:47 PM
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter

Tomas Kubalik had an 8 point night tonight.

1 goal and 7 assists, his 7 assists tie a Victo record set by Matthew Lombardi and Carl Mallette.

Old
10-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Jovavic
The Unnamed Feeling

Jeez, good game from him. How has he looked aside from this game?

Old
10-30-2009, 11:04 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Some fans from Victoriaville say he has been disappointing so far this year, but I guess they just forgave him.

Old
11-09-2009, 09:04 AM
3 goals = chili

Send a message via Skype™ to 3 goals = chili
Something to keep an eye on....Kubalik is listed as a center on the Quebec Major Junior page and after he recorded this 8 point (1 goal 7 assists) night it might be nice if he developed into a center that we could count on in the NHL

Old
11-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Brock

Some more thoughts on Moore. Saw him against the Majors today.

Second time I've seen Moore this season, and second time I've come away less than inspired. He hasn't scored a goal since his first game in the league. The skating and mobility is definitely his biggest asset. Majors forwards had a hard time getting around him on the attack, and he always appeared to be a step ahead (or a step closer to the net) than the rushing forward. But his coverage in the zone seems to need work. On a few occasions he seemed lost in his own zone, failing to pick up his man or communicate with his defensive partner (mostly Jonathan Jasper). In the second period, his pairing gave up a breakaway to Majors forward Riley Brace as he got behind them. Offensively, to be bluntly honest, he was a non factor. The Majors forecheck was all over him and really prevented him from skating with the puck up ice. I can't remember him making any rushes that resulted in access to the Majors zone. For a player billed as an elite rushing defenseman, this area of his game has less than dazzled me in two viewings. On the powerplay, he failed to get his point shot through to the net either, and even had trouble 5 on 4 with bringing the puck up ice and eluding the forecheck. I'm not saying he's a terrible player, but if anything I expected to see a guy (as a first round pick and someone who nearly made an NHL roster) to be head and shoulders above the competition...which he hasn't been.

Old
11-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Mathletic

what kind of future does Steven Delisle has with the organization in your mind?

Old
11-16-2009, 12:45 AM
allin4466

Calvert had a 6 point night(2+4) in an 8-7 win against Jordan Eberles Regina Pats(Eberle only managed a 5 point night hah)

I'll post a link when its available, he scored what could be the goal of the year.

Old
11-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Macster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
what kind of future does Steven Delisle has with the organization in your mind?
From what I have seen of Delisle personally and from what I have read about him, he's a stay-at home type. There is an over-abundance of that style of blueliner in the CBJ system, so he has a lot of competition. That said he is one of the biggest of the bunch, and his size could give him an advantage. He's likely on the long-term plan, he'll be seeing plenty of AHL ice. Hard to say at this point if he'll be an NHLer or a decent depth defenseman like we have in Mathieu Roy right now.

Old
11-16-2009, 01:12 PM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macster View Post
From what I have seen of Delisle personally and from what I have read about him, he's a stay-at home type. There is an over-abundance of that style of blueliner in the CBJ system, so he has a lot of competition. That said he is one of the biggest of the bunch, and his size could give him an advantage. He's likely on the long-term plan, he'll be seeing plenty of AHL ice. Hard to say at this point if he'll be an NHLer or a decent depth defenseman like we have in Mathieu Roy right now.
I think there is a misconception here. Aside from Teddy Ruth, I don't know how many of our guys are real Jan Hejda-style shutdown guys. From what I keep hearing, the fellas in Syracuse are pretty brutal defensively. They might not be "offensive defensemen," but they certainly aren't stay-at-home defensemen. A guy like Delisle could have a real advantage because I don't know who is gonna replace Hejda and Commie when they leave.

I think Howson has done his job in grabbing guys like Moore, Regner, Savard, and Goloubef that can contribute offensively. I would bet he'll be going after pure shutdown defensemen in the near future.

Old
11-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Macster

Quote:
I think there is a misconception here. Aside from Teddy Ruth, I don't know how many of our guys are real Jan Hejda-style shutdown guys. From what I keep hearing, the fellas in Syracuse are pretty brutal defensively. They might not be "offensive defensemen," but they certainly aren't stay-at-home defensemen. A guy like Delisle could have a real advantage because I don't know who is gonna replace Hejda and Commie when they leave.

I think Howson has done his job in grabbing guys like Moore, Regner, Savard, and Goloubef that can contribute offensively. I would bet he'll be going after pure shutdown defensemen in the near future.
I am talking about the near future LS. The future that still has Commie, Hejda, Methot and Rusty on the team. Commie and Hejda will be around for the next couple of years.

You're absolutely right about the young guys that Howson and the scouts have acquired, there are a lot of offensive types, but what you have to keep in mind is that junior or college level offense doesn't always transfer to the NHL. Look at Rusty as a prime example. Russ is going down that road too.

The moral of the story is that guys like Delisle and Ruth are going to have to wait a while before they get the chance to be shutdown guys for the Jackets.

Old
11-17-2009, 01:07 AM
Ludicrous Speed

Quote:
I am talking about the near future LS. The future that still has Commie, Hejda, Methot and Rusty on the team. Commie and Hejda will be around for the next couple of years.

You're absolutely right about the young guys that Howson and the scouts have acquired, there are a lot of offensive types, but what you have to keep in mind is that junior or college level offense doesn't always transfer to the NHL. Look at Rusty as a prime example. Russ is going down that road too.

The moral of the story is that guys like Delisle and Ruth are going to have to wait a while before they get the chance to be shutdown guys for the Jackets.
My mistake. By "CBJ system" I assumed "pipeline". In your case, yes the current roster, which I agree will be the roster for a while, does lack offensive prowess. Only a fool would disagree.

But I still back my statement on the prospects, even if it doesn't fit with what you were talking about. Obviously lower level success doesn't equate NHL success in terms of offensive ability, but my point is that we have made an emphasis on going after offensive guys, and I think Howie will be looking at big burly shutdown guys in drafting in the near future.

Old
11-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Hipster Letestu

Good Read on Goloubef

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2009/11/17/h...goloubef/#cont

Good article on Goloubef at FanHouse

Old
11-21-2009, 06:24 AM
mt-svk
CBJ/OTT fan

Quote:

Mac, I prefer Ťjutin and Stralman before Klesla and Commodore.

I think John Moore and Cody Goloubef could uphold their offensive qualities in NHL too. I would prefer to play AHL for Cody Goloubef next year. I think John Moore could play NHL next year. If he uphold his qualities I prefer him before Commodore who is, according my opinion, useles.

Brock, thanks for your informations about John Moore. Can someone write any informations about Cody Goloubef and Anton Blomqvist? Thanks.

Old
11-23-2009, 01:42 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

vCash: 50
I had the opportunity to watch John Moore play against the Ottawa 67's this afternoon (technically yesterday I guess).

He is the smoothest player I have seen in a very long time at the OHL level. He didn't have a particularly fantastic game (no one on Kitchener did, as they lost 6-3) but you could tell Moore has the type of skillset that could translate well into a PMD someday.

His skating is phenomenal, his first pass out of the zone is incredible and his composure looks like it should belong to someone with 10 years of OHL experience. Even with his down game he was easily the most skilled player on the ice.

I was really hoping the Senators could trade the 26th pick up a bit to get him (pre-Campoli deal), but was glad he landed with the Jackets. You guys have a fantastic player coming up through your system.

Closed Thread