HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#2 Montreal Canadiens Prospect

View Poll Results: who's #2?
Ryan McDonagh 110 75.86%
Ryan O'Byrne 2 1.38%
Kyle Chipchura 6 4.14%
Ben Maxwell 0 0%
Mikhail Grabovski 2 1.38%
Jaroslav Halak 17 11.72%
P.K. Subban 2 1.38%
Alexei Yemelin 2 1.38%
David Fischer 0 0%
Yannick Weber 0 0%
Pavel Valentenko 4 2.76%
Olivier Fortier 0 0%
Danny Kristo 0 0%
Mathieu Carle 0 0%
Matt D'Agostini 0 0%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
06-26-2008, 12:08 PM
terreur

vCash: 500
Ryan McDonagh , ADD white

Old
06-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Bouze

McDonagh, add White

Old
06-26-2008, 05:33 PM
Beakermania*

McD

Add White or Korneev... either or I'm happy with.

Old
06-26-2008, 05:37 PM
JrHockeyFan

Halak should not really be on this list. But I guess the only way to get him off the list is to vote for him now.

Serious question:

I asked this question on the other thread but got no answer. Lots of folks are picking McDonagh and Pacioretty. I'm sure they are fine players and I can read the ratings web sites as well as anyone. But how many voting for these two have actually seen them play very much? Or at all? I had no idea so many folks watch CCHA and WCHA college hockey.

I'm just wondering what the votes are being based upon? You have seen them play a lot? Ratings services or the lead of some posters? Or just because everybody else picked 'em?

Old
06-26-2008, 05:44 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
Halak should not really be on this list. But I guess the only way to get him off the list is to vote for him now.

Serious question:

I asked this question on the other thread but got no answer. Lots of folks are picking McDonagh and Pacioretty. I'm sure they are fine players and I can read the ratings web sites as well as anyone. But how many voting for these two have actually seen them play very much? Or at all? I had no idea so many folks watch CCHA and WCHA college hockey.

I'm just wondering what the votes are being based upon? You have seen them play a lot? Ratings services or the lead of some posters? Or just because everybody else picked 'em?
I've seen Pacioretty play countless times. I'm a huge Michigan fan, and subscribe to television & internet packages so I can watch their hockey & football games.
I've only seen McDonagh play a few times, but that's more than can be said about lots of the other prospects.

Old
06-26-2008, 05:44 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
McD

Add White or Korneev... either or I'm happy with.
Are we counting Korneev as a prospect?

Old
06-26-2008, 05:46 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
I've seen Pacioretty play countless times. I'm a huge Michigan fan, and subscribe to television & internet packages so I can watch their hockey & football games.
I've only seen McDonagh play a few times, but that's more than can be said about lots of the other prospects.
Cool. That's the kind of feedback I like to hear

Old
06-26-2008, 05:49 PM
Kaptain Bégin

If McDonagh give a good fight to MaxPac, this one is a no contest. McDonagh all the way. Add Trotter please.

Old
06-26-2008, 05:52 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Are we counting Korneev as a prospect?
he's less than 24 years old

Old
06-26-2008, 06:04 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

I have a better suggestion than adding anyone. Take off Olivier Fortier.

Old
06-26-2008, 06:23 PM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

I don't consider O'Byrne and Chipchura to be prospects. They are still prospects by definition, but it's not in the minors that they will continue to develop.

The same would go with Corey Locke.

Old
06-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarto View Post
I don't consider O'Byrne and Chipchura to be prospects. They are still prospects by definition, but it's not in the minors that they will continue to develop.

The same would go with Corey Locke.
I think Locke is over 24 anyway.... O'B should be graduated too based on age??

Can Montreal rule on this??

Also last time we did this we said that once a prospect had a fifty vote lead he was deemed to have won the poll.... and we would move on to the next... so I'm gonna close this.... and PM Didouche.

Old
06-27-2008, 08:06 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
he's less than 24 years old
Korneev is 24 and he's entering his 7th season in the RSL, I really don't know how he can be considered a prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I think Locke is over 24 anyway.... O'B should be graduated too based on age??

Can Montreal rule on this??

Also last time we did this we said that once a prospect had a fifty vote lead he was deemed to have won the poll.... and we would move on to the next... so I'm gonna close this.... and PM Didouche.
Personally I don't go by age that much due to players in the NCAA, I look at how many years they have had at the pro level.

For my site, I graduated Halak based on him having a full time job with the Habs and already spending parts of 2 seasons in the NHL. O'B I didn't graduate but he'll be graduated this year for sure, Chipchura I'm less sure of him getting a full time job depending on what players Gainey gets this summer. Locke, Milroy, Archer will all be considered graduated this year but it's a minor point anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post

I've seen every prospect play in game action but Torp (only seen clips of him) I have a season pass to watch all Hamilton games, I have a sports package through comcast for NCAA hockey and USHS games, I watch a bunch of QMJHL games on the net. Then every now and then I pay for WHL/OHL/USHL games. I used to buy RSL games but I have been trying to cut back on spending. So yea I see these guys play a good bit, some more then others as I get every Minnesota game and in the past I've had season passes to Dartmouth and Cornell over different seasons. So I make a lot of effort to see these guys at least a couple times every year, to me it's very important to see them at least a couple times each year so you can look at how they have progressed, how they improved on their weaknesses etc...

Plus I make sure to talk to fans of the teams our prospects play for, just to get some different opinions on the players.

Closed Thread