HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

how bout zubrus in van?

Closed Thread

Old
02-21-2004, 02:22 PM
rikki05

vCash: 500
how bout zubrus in van?

Ok, the trade deadline is only a couple weeks away and its pretty obvious we need to bring in a few new bodies! Cuz obviously when our core players go down with injury, things just arent gonna get done (jovo, nazzy, cooke, arvy). I still think the canucks are 2-3 players short of makin a solid run for the cup. Cassels is constently being throwin out there...i really dont see much reason not to get him (he knows the routine, brings leadership and helps down the middle!) But how bout on top of cassels we get a guy like zubrus (not neccessarily him, but someone of that calibre)? That would give us depth and the ability to shake up lines at the drop of a hat! Also, we need a 6-7 D....maybe someone like odeline or poapst or bombadir??? If we could pickup about 2-3 players i think we have a good oppurtunity to make a run for the cup! What do u guys think?

Old
02-21-2004, 02:30 PM
xtra

Canucks won't be making any deals to help this team because i belive that Burke doesn't belive this team will ever win the cup with an offensvie style of play

Old
02-21-2004, 02:35 PM
LaVal

i would assume with the firesale the Caps are putting, Zubrus would be one player they'd hold on to

Old
02-21-2004, 02:38 PM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal575
i would assume with the firesale the Caps are putting, Zubrus would be one player they'd hold on to
Indeed. He makes $1.5 million, and will be one center they'll retain, considering they are likely to let Nylander walk and trade Lang.

Old
02-21-2004, 02:55 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaVal575
i think so too. does anyone else see Nylander going to NJ?

Old
02-21-2004, 03:04 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy
i think so too. does anyone else see Nylander going to NJ?
I can see Nylander going to NJ, Boston, and possibly NYI. He just has to come back and prove he's healthy (word on the street is Monday). And he's yours for pretty much nothing. He's a UFA and insurance picked up his salary earlier this season. 4th round pick maybe? Less?

Old
02-21-2004, 03:42 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsFan@Vassar
I can see Nylander going to NJ, Boston, and possibly NYI. He just has to come back and prove he's healthy (word on the street is Monday). And he's yours for pretty much nothing. He's a UFA and insurance picked up his salary earlier this season. 4th round pick maybe? Less?
oh jeez, id' give more than that for Nylander...maybe not from an Avs fans perspective, but he's worth more than a 4th rounder.

Old
02-21-2004, 04:31 PM
Clash*

Sun Sentinel: Odelein could go elsewhere

Fourth or fifth round pick sound about right to anyone? Leadership, grittiness, and depth are what you're gettin, and he's been playin top line minutes, so imagine how effective he might be if playin more like a 15-18 mins per game role.

Old
02-21-2004, 06:55 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Sun Sentinel: Odelein could go elsewhere

Fourth or fifth round pick sound about right to anyone? Leadership, grittiness, and depth are what you're gettin, and he's been playin top line minutes, so imagine how effective he might be if playin more like a 15-18 mins per game role.
I could see the Canucks having some interest in Odelein. 4th or 5th round pick seems reasonable, considering Boughner went for an ok prospect and a 3rd.

Old
02-21-2004, 06:58 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
I could see the Canucks having some interest in Odelein. 4th or 5th round pick seems reasonable, considering Boughner went for an ok prospect and a 3rd.

Weinrich went for a 5th so Odelein wouldn't go for anything more..

Old
02-21-2004, 07:02 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
Weinrich went for a 5th so Odelein wouldn't go for anything more..
Salary was a big reason why though. Weinrich still had about $1 mil left on his deal, Odelein, just over $100,000. On top of that, Weinrich had a no trade clause and would only veto it for two teams out of the who knows how many were interested(apparantly Clarke didn't want to trade him to an Eastern team), further limiting the return Clarke could've got for him.

Closed Thread