HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rhett Warrener anyone?

Old
06-28-2008, 12:57 PM
chairmanmeow

vCash: 500
you don't understand the salary cap do you

chairmanmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 12:59 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

If Gainey picked up Warrener, I'd honestly cheer for the Leafs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjrandy View Post
Warrener is done. I'd rather have Stuart but I understand Gainey already has his top 6 in place. It's the 7th d-man position that needs to get clarified. I'd expect one of Carle, Valentenko, or Webber in the 7th spot.
I expect that you are most likely wrong. Two of those players have absolutely no chance (like .000001%) of making the Canadiens out of camp. Those two are Weber and Carle. Valentenko is a bit more interesting, but he was hurt for awhile last season and I can't see him fitting into the lineup unless he's Top-6.

Brisebois could be easily re-signed as the #7 OR we could carry another forward (Milroy, Locke, Stewart, etc) while Dandenault becomes the #7.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-28-2008 at 02:27 PM.
One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk World Order View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=1439

The guy is a solid physical D-Man ...I've always liked the guy...I know he has ran into some injury problems the last couple of years...but I think he would a good pick up...and we don't have to give anything up?
We don't really need another d-man of that style with Komi Hamrlik Bouillon Gorges O'byrne Valenteko all strong defensively and physical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peperebougon View Post
What are you talking about?????Breezer did a very good job as a 7th d-man. He is also useful for the PP when needed. Any other 7th d-man who does that??? Get real! Watch some hockey...

Agreed, Brisebois as #7 is a nice luxury to have...if he was #4 or 5 then I'd be concerned.

Valentenko might be better playing a lot in Hamilton than being #7 here and getting 30-40 games.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-28-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 10:59 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk World Order View Post
http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/bio/?id=1439

The guy is a solid physical D-Man ...I've always liked the guy...I know he has ran into some injury problems the last couple of years...but I think he would a good pick up...and we don't have to give anything up?
He was awesome in Buffalo, good in his first couple of seasons in Calgary but the injury bug and up and comers in Phaneuf and others made him expendable.

I would love him in Montreal, but not as a waiver pick up...maybe a league minimum salary offer if a Calgary buyout happens.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote