HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Annual Prospects Tourney In Traverse City

Old
06-26-2008, 02:03 PM
OnYourIgnoreList

vCash: 500
Annual Prospects Tourney In Traverse City

Hey All,

It's getting to be that time of year again, when there's a hockey tournament we can actually win: the NHL Prosepcts Tournament in Traverse City, MI, hosted by the (evil) Detroit Red Wings.

Those of you who haven't heard about it before, the above paragraph pretty much says it all: it's a multi-day tournament between the top prospects for 8 NHL teams, the CBJ among them, and it's hosted by the (evil) Red Wings.

You can find information here: http://redwingstrainingcamp.com/nhlprospects.html/(evil)

Looks like it's going to be Sat 9/13 through Wed 9/17 this year in Traverse City, MI (as usual).

I can highly recommend it as being a totally fantastic time. Obviously, you get to see our prospects play in real games, but it's just a cool atmosphere all the way around. The coaches and scouting staff are all present and watch the games from the same stands that the fans do, and a lot of the players wander around in street clothes when they're not playing.

Me and the femSpoon went for one day last year and plan to do the whole shebang this year. Anyway, I just wanted to give people the information in
case they're interested.

ETA:

Hmm, I just noticed that there's an order form for tickets. When we went last year, it was all walk-up, so maybe this event has grown too big for its britches and now you have to buy in advance. Anyway...

ETA:

And now I just noticed that the order form is for Wings camp itself, not the Prospects tournament. This post grows longer and less reliable by the moment.

OnYourIgnoreList is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 828
Question:

Why would people go, if the hosts are evil. I Think people are smarter than to put their safety and health at risk...Not really a question...

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 02:42 PM
OnYourIgnoreList

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye19 View Post
Why would people go, if the hosts are evil.
"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
--Edmund Burke, British statesman

The very fate of hockey rests on a strong contingent representing the (good) CBJ to offset the hordes of evil that will descend upon Traverse City. As I see it, this is a dress rehearsal for the Apocalypse, or a remake of "The Stand", whichever comes first.

OnYourIgnoreList is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 07:49 PM
teddygmr

St. Louis, Buffalo, Ottawa are currently holding Development camps....and Toronto and Chicago have them scheduled for early July.
Will Columbus have one??? If so, when and where?

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 07:51 PM
BZArcher

Columbus' prospect / development camp is running from the 6th through the 12th of July at the Ice Haus. Looks like they have it booked from 9am-2pm, but I'm not sure how much of it will be open to the public.

BZArcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 05:35 AM
Alessandro Seren Rosso
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Alessandro Seren Rosso Send a message via MSN to Alessandro Seren Rosso
Quote:
Originally Posted by BZArcher View Post
Columbus' prospect / development camp is running from the 6th through the 12th of July at the Ice Haus. Looks like they have it booked from 9am-2pm, but I'm not sure how much of it will be open to the public.
Any roster/invitees list online?

06-30-2008, 07:56 AM
BZArcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
Any roster/invitees list online?
Not that I can find, yet.

BZArcher is offline   Reply With Quote