HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse

Old
06-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Richybaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Keep in shape by playing baseball? **** if the guy wanted to keep in shape he'd be playing soccer...

5-6 times/week in the gym = 1000x better than baseball.
YOu're right. Tender SHOULD NOT HAVE FUN THIS SUMMER. Only thing he can do is training and playing hockey NOTHING ELSE

Richybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 08:28 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
Does anyone actually think that Gui's entire off season training regime consists of playing baseball?
Having seen pictures of the young lady Guillaume frequents (or is he married?), indoors sports will figure prominently in his "training regimen". Ay caramba.

Gros Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 08:38 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill View Post
Thank you. You perfectly summarized my thoughts on the topic.
Wow, the guy might enjoy playing some ball this summer. I'm righteously indignant about something or other but mainly I'm jealous because I'm not playing ball this summer.

Hey, wait a minute, don't you make fun of ballplayers ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 08:44 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Wow, the guy might enjoy playing some ball this summer. I'm righteously indignant about something or other but mainly I'm jealous because I'm not playing ball this summer.

Hey, wait a minute, don't you make fun of ballplayers ?
Sure, but Gui insn't a baseball player, now, is he? Baseball's a good way to have fun, develop your jaw muscles and maintain hand-eye coordination, but I doubt anyone seriously thinks you play baseball to keep in shape. Well, maybe for a guy like me, but not for a professionnal hockey player.

Old
06-05-2008, 08:49 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Sure, but Gui insn't a baseball player, now, is he? Baseball's a good way to have fun, develop your jaw muscles and maintain hand-eye coordination, but I doubt anyone seriously thinks you play baseball to keep in shape. Well, maybe for a guy like me, but not for a professionnal hockey player.
I developed rapier like wit playing ball. If you catch or play first, yoyu always have someone to crack wise with, umpires the opposition, the pitcher, fans, [yes on occasion, people watched us play] If only my hand eye matched my ability to trade barbs with the opposing first base coach.

As for Lats, I think that from the crack of dawn until sundown, he should do nothing other than dedicate himself to becoming the next Cam Neely. After sundown, he should sleep. I also still think Bobby Sheehan can be a star.

Old
06-05-2008, 08:49 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richybaby View Post
YOu're right. Tender SHOULD NOT HAVE FUN THIS SUMMER. Only thing he can do is training and playing hockey NOTHING ELSE
Hockey is a full time job. If you think Tender should "have fun this summer", you really don't give a damn. This guy is/will be getting paid millions to play hockey in the greatest league in the world. He obviously wants to get into the top six...do you think playing in a ****ing baseball league will get him there?

Gui needs powerskating lessons bad. Baseball won't do **** for his hockey game.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 08:53 AM
habfan4

Quote:
I'll have you know it's strenuous physical activity running foward to drop pop ups, booting ground balls and overthrowing 1st and 2nd base. Don't even get me started about how far it is between bases!

habfan4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 08:55 AM
habfan4

Odd, I don't recall this much uproar when Larry Robinson spent summers playing polo (at least before he broke his leg falling off a horse).

Old
06-05-2008, 09:09 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Odd, I don't recall this much uproar when Larry Robinson spent summers playing polo (at least before he broke his leg falling off a horse).
Yup, and he was also a helluva ballplayer as are all farm boys from the valley. OK that's a meaningless generalization. My brother in law used to play in some very competitive ball tournaments and I would go every now and then. I got talking with a guy who ran a team that #19 sponsored. At a point, the team asked him to give up playing at that level because he wasn't casual about it. He'd dive for flyballs, run fences etc.

Old
06-05-2008, 09:11 AM
mcphee

Quote:
I'll have you know it's strenuous physical activity running foward to drop pop ups, booting ground balls and overthrowing 1st and 2nd base. Don't even get me started about how far it is between bases!
It takes time to learn the time honored tradition of rotating your shoulder, feigning arm problems after you just launched a throw into where the wives were sitting tending to babies, sort of like a hockey player looking at his stick after missing an open net.

Old
06-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
Maybe that's cuz Robinson didn't suck?

Old
06-05-2008, 09:14 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Hockey is a full time job. If you think Tender should "have fun this summer", you really don't give a damn. This guy is/will be getting paid millions to play hockey in the greatest league in the world. He obviously wants to get into the top six...do you think playing in a ****ing baseball league will get him there?

Walter Gretzky had strong opinions as to how his sons should spend their summers, esp. regarding other sports. You should look it up.

Shab's ,anyone who is something specific for 24 hous a day has some issues with balance in their lives. If he thinks playing ball will be fun, go for it. Are you going to criticize Komi and Higgins for playing golf after their workouts ? C'mon.

Old
06-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Haddock

Good for him taboir. Stop complaining about the guy once in a while. He' young, he's having fun and it's certain that he's still training as he would even if he plays ball with his pals during the summer. Y'all can suck on Guigui's big fat hairy balls. (too much?)

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 09:27 AM
RC51

Latendresse should do nothing BUT power skating drills, and I mean to the extreme. He needs SPEED or at least 2 extra steps. It the one and only thing he needs.

As for sex, we have all heard for years that it's bad for the legs, if true then he should only have oral sex from his girl. No legs involved at all.
Does anybody agree he should get lots of oral sex?

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 09:30 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Maybe that's cuz Robinson didn't suck?
At age 20, Robinson was far from the player he'd eventually become. In fact, he was just starting 2 two year stint in the AHL. Yup, TWO years in the minors. A real bust.

Old
06-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:

Obviously the answer is no Shabs. But if he's playing baseball along with his other workout routines, I see nothing wrong with it.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
Good for him taboir. Stop complaining about the guy once in a while. He' young, he's having fun and it's certain that he's still training as he would even if he plays ball with his pals during the summer. Y'all can suck on Guigui's big fat hairy balls. (too much?)
Would this be organized as a group event or should each of us contact him individually?

Old
06-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haddock View Post
lol...maybe a little, but we get your point.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Shabutie

I know the guy is probably hitting the gym up hard, but I will be pissed as hell if it comes to september and Gui decided to play baseball instead of investing some of his spare time on power skating.

Why did people critisize Ribeiro so hard for not taking power skating but it's okay for Lats?

Old
06-05-2008, 10:24 AM
coolasprICE

Why can't we make fun of this kid for playing baseball?

Who is he, son of quebecois royalty?

Stop protecting him as if its an attack to your family.

Stop saying that "he's only 20".

20 year olds take teams to the cup these days.

A 20 year old today is a completely different species than a 20 year old in Robinson's time.

Back in big bird days players smoked during periods.

You want leisure lats, golf, take a week off in mexico.

The NHL today is dominated by younger players more so than ever.

Lats sucked major last year. Ya he scored his points on the big lines, doesn't mean jack... He's slow, doesn't shoot and brings little intensity most of the time. He hits only the small players when they're in bad position.

If you are a "kid" and want to play in the NHL and earn millions, don't start racing cars (like selanne, brisebois), don't start wrestling, don't play baseball .... when you are a proven veteran, sure why not... but as a rookie, the only statement you should make to your fans and team is that you're coming back hard in the fall.

If this kid doesn't come back "ready" as if he spent the entire off-season ripping it up, then he must play in hamilton... with the other children.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 10:25 AM
habfan4

Quote:
I know the guy is probably hitting the gym up hard, but I will be pissed as hell if it comes to september and Gui decided to play baseball instead of investing some of his spare time on power skating.

Why did people critisize Ribeiro so hard for not taking power skating but it's okay for Lats?
How do you know that Latendresse is not taking power skating lessons?

Something tells me that you'll be "pissed as hell" no matter what Gui does this summer.

Old
06-05-2008, 10:30 AM
Shabutie

Quote:
How do you know that Latendresse is not taking power skating lessons?
If he was, they'd have reported it. The french media knows everything Lats does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4
Something tells me that you'll be "pissed as hell" no matter what Gui does this summer.
Nope, I'll be pissed as hell if Lats comes into camp/season none-improved.

Old
06-05-2008, 11:17 AM
pepperMonkey

Oh lord...
Balance people. Balance...

Yes he needs his power skating lessons or anything to make him faster. Is baseball going to do that? Of course not. On the other hand I'm assuming he would be hitting the gym or otherwise training WHILE he plays some ball. Is that a problem? No. There is no way in hell he should be JUST train ALL summer long! What? Is he supposed to be dedicating his life and soul, 7 days a week, 365 days a year JUST for hockey? Are you insane? All that would cause is for him to burn out and frankly not like hockey anymore.

There seems to be a few people who doesn't understand that all people needs balance in their lives. It can't be all work work work. You need to add a little spice, some fun here and there to make life worth living.

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Habnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
It takes time to learn the time honored tradition of rotating your shoulder, feigning arm problems after you just launched a throw into where the wives were sitting tending to babies, sort of like a hockey player looking at his stick after missing an open net.
Don't forget the adjusting of the cup....

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Lone Rogue

Ugh...

OMG LATENDRESSE NEEDS TO DO POWERSKATING OR I'LL HATE HIM EVEN THOUGH I WANT HIM REPLACED BY MAX PACIORETTY NAD HAVE WANTED IT SINCE MAXPAC WAS DRAFTED MAXPAC IS SO AMAZING HE SHOULD BE IN THE NHL RIGHT NOW HE COULD WIN THE CALDER I LOVE THE WAYHE PLAYS EVEN THOUGH ALL I SEE IS YOUTUBE VIDEOS LATENDRESSE SUCKS BUT HE SHOULD BE PWERSKATING!!!!!!!111111

Even if Gui took powerskating, people would say, "Well, that was money well wasted". His skating speed is fine, its his pivoting.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote