HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Who's out most NHL ready prospect...

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2004, 04:13 PM

vCash: 500
Who's our most NHL ready prospect...

Currently not playing in Montreal...and by this I mean, the player who has the less deficiencies in his game to have success at the next level

I think it's Plekanec, and I stated so at teh beginning of the year, when I saw him play in the preseason, he's the only prospect who hasn't looked out of place, or overwhelmed at the NHL, even during his brief 2 game tryout, he didn't look like a rookie, he's physically mature, is a good skater, playmaker and can he can handle himself in his own zone, think about it, Higgins, Hossa, Balej were all up at one point but I don't think they looked as good as Plekanec...
Thoughts?

P.S-Your welcome Plekanec the poster!

Old
02-16-2004, 04:22 PM
Guy Caballero

1. Hainsey
2. Beauchemin
3. Plekanec
4. Hossa
5. Higgins
6. Balej
7. Perezhogin

No one else is close. I can't comment on Kastsitsyn, since I haven't seen him play.

Old
02-16-2004, 04:23 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
mark my words !!!
higgins will play next year with the habs !!

Old
02-16-2004, 04:29 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
1. Hainsey
2. Beauchemin
3. Plekanec
4. Hossa
5. Higgins
6. Balej
7. Perezhogin

No one else is close. I can't comment on Kastsitsyn, since I haven't seen him play.
Pleks above Balej?

Old
02-16-2004, 04:30 PM
LPHabsFan

Send a message via AIM to LPHabsFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Pleks above Balej?

Hainsey first?

Old
02-16-2004, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
1. Hainsey
2. Beauchemin
3. Plekanec
4. Hossa
5. Higgins
6. Balej
7. Perezhogin

good list, i'd prefer...

1.Plekanec
2.Beauchemin
3.Hossa
4.Hainsey
5.Balej
6.Higgins
7.Perezhogin
8.Ferland
9.Milroy
10.Archer

Old
02-16-2004, 04:35 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPHabsFan
Hainsey first?

Why not? He's ready to play in NHL level games.. Putting his social stuff aside.

Old
02-16-2004, 04:44 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
Pleks above Balej?
Yup. I think Plekanec's game is all-around good; he will not look out of place in an NHL lineup, and could take Juneau's job right now, afaik. I think Balej needs more seasoning, especially considering that he'll be counted on for top-two-line minutes (since he's useless on line three or four).

As for Hainsey, I think he's ready now. He's plateaued in the AHL; there's nothing left for him to learn there.

Old
02-16-2004, 04:51 PM
montreal
Time to Get Down

Most NHL ready? Tough call. Pleks would be my pick, but Beauchemin not far behind. Balej could be there with Higgins as well (who does the little things well and seems stonger then most of our forward prospects).

Old
02-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
mark my words !!!
higgins will play next year with the habs !!
OK DONE

Old
02-16-2004, 06:13 PM
Maithz

vCash:
1. Hainsey , Balej , Plekanec

2. Beauchemin , Gratton

3. Hossa

4. Higgins

5. Perezhogin

Old
02-16-2004, 06:25 PM
habitants9_4

Most consistent: Beauchemin
Closest to being a star: Balej
Most ready for NHL action in any role: Plekanec
Perhaps the one with the most potential: Hainsey! Reasoning...not often u get a d with his skills.

Old
02-16-2004, 06:50 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
More NHL ready to me:

Plekanec
Beauchemin
Balej
Hossa

I would personnally put Higgins if it werent for the schedule but thats a pretty god list. I don't know about Beauchemin, he doesn't seem like hes gonna be very effective, more likely a 6th or 7th like Bouillon. Plekanec does not have great upside but he'll be a solid player, I'm not expecting much of him just like Balej. I think Balej is another Berezin but with much more heart, not the kind of player I'm particularly fond of in hockey style but I like his character. Hossa needs to improve on the mental side, physically and in talent, hes ready.

Old
02-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Swervedriver

Send a message via MSN to Swervedriver
I take it you guys dont see Bulldogs games very often. My top 5 in the AHL are:

1. Balej
2. Higgins
3. Hossa
4. Plekanec
5. Milroy

Hainsey hasn't been all that impressive. He lacks that 1st step in his skating. He's really not all that offensive minded, his play reminds me a lot of Bobby Allen for the Toronto Road Runners.

Perezhogin is a magician who vanishes from shift to shift. He is a non-factor at the AHL level.

Old
02-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Bob In Kitchener

Hainsey
Higgins
Plekanec
Balej
Perezhogen

Old
02-16-2004, 08:51 PM
Uncle Gus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervedriver
I take it you guys dont see Bulldogs games very often. My top 5 in the AHL are:

1. Balej
2. Higgins
3. Hossa
4. Plekanec
5. Milroy

Hainsey hasn't been all that impressive. He lacks that 1st step in his skating. He's really not all that offensive minded, his play reminds me a lot of Bobby Allen for the Toronto Road Runners.

Perezhogin is a magician who vanishes from shift to shift. He is a non-factor at the AHL level.

Old
02-16-2004, 09:17 PM
oli500

- Balej
-Higgins
-Hossa
-Hainsey
-Perezhogin

Theres my list. I personaly think that Balej is what the habs desperately need on the first line along with koivu and ryder. I have alot of faith in balej and think hes going to be a big part of are sucses in the future. Hes going to be what we all expected from hossa although im not given up on him yet.

I really hope that kats well make the team next year. I've never been so exited about the quality of our prospect. It well be a shame if there is no hockey next year cause well have to wait an extra year to see them play at the nhl level.

You know, I think that were going to be the next force in the nhl. If there is a lockout next year alot of good teams that are veteran team like detroit,colorado etc are going to loose there good veterans and if we compared ourselve to all those teams we might have the best nhl prospect corps to be ready to step in the nhl and make a imidiate impact. The only team that can match us would be ottawa. our future is bright, we just have to be patient.

We just need the right suporting cast once they make the jump to the nhl.

Old
02-17-2004, 01:00 AM
tinyzombies

I hate to say it, but my vote is Hainsey. He's exactly what we need right now and I think if we slot him #4, he can help us move the puck and pick up some of Souray's PP time.

I think this week is crucial in that the wheels must be turning in Hainsey's head about why he isn't the one getting the call-up to replace Souray. Maybe Gainey is making him sweat a bit and will call him up in another week or so?

Dykhuis could also do the job in the short-term.

After that, I think Higgins is the closest to being ready from what I saw of him earlier this year. But ready for what? A checking role. He might not be ready for a top 6 role, so I would wait with him because he is capable of more.

Balej needs to bulk up and get some endurance going. I love his hands and speed.

Pleks looked good too, but I wasn't impressed with either of them at the AHL skills competition and the AHL all-star game. They don't seem ready.

I think now is the time to throw Hainsey in there to see if he can sink or swim. It's too bad we don't have anyone tough and dynamic on the right side to usher him through a bit.

Old
02-17-2004, 03:00 AM
#44_delivers

1.Plekanec
2.Hossa
3.Beauchemin
4.Hainsey
5.Balej
6.Higgins
7.Perezhogin

ive seen plekanec play about 6 ahl games and the 2 nhl games this season, and his game is easily the most mature and nhl ready.
imho he will be a valuable role player for us for many years.
hossa is an enigma, i believe if he gets called up he'll stay but he's a sensitive case i wouldnt rush him too soon, but also i wouldnt be too late in calling him either.

higgins is for sure going to get use to the thick schedual which he waz never use to before, i believe he will crack the habs line-up next year and stay, i feel 100% confident in him.

perezhogin's chance is going to rely mostly in his training camp efforts 50/50 he'll make the line-up next season.

Closed Thread