HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Favourite 2008 Draftee

View Poll Results: Favourite Habs 2008 Draftee...
Danny Kristo 44 27.67%
Steve Quailer 10 6.29%
Jason Missiaen 10 6.29%
Maxim Trunev 91 57.23%
Patrick Johnson 4 2.52%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-27-2008, 06:40 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I've only seen Johnson in game action but next season I'll try and see them all at some point. If Quailer goes to Northeastern I am pretty sure they are playing Minnesota this year so chances are good I'll see him then plus nhl network showed the beanpot last year and NU is in the beanpot tournament. Trunev I will try and see on webcast a couple times, Missiaen might be real hard to see if he doesn't get more playing time though. Kristo I won't see too much next season but once he goes to North Dakota I'll see him a good bit. Too bad he turned down Minnesota, would have seen a ton of him.
Dan, did you ever go to Ottawa a few years back to have a look at the Knights when Nash was playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Have you seen the NHL.com video of Kristo yet? It isn't much, but it hints at some nice potential.
I did watch that on draft day, he certainly does have very nice skating ability. That's it with an 18 yr old, you never know what you're getting. He looks like he could be a good one. Thanks again.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/

Last edited by Beakermania*: 06-27-2008 at 08:22 PM.
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Beakermania*

vCash: 500
Trunev might be the best value and might be a sleeper.... but at this point there is nothing to put him over Kristo, Qualier, and Missaien who were all picked ahead of him.

We know Timmins obviously liked Kristo the best at this point in time.

This can of course change as they develop... but to rank them out of draft order now is kinda silly in my mind....

There are very few of us on this board who have seen all 5 play... and as a result I take Timmins assessment (evidenced by the draft order) as the defining factor right now.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote