HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Ek quotes, just for kicks

Old
06-27-2008, 03:24 PM
OILW30

vCash: 500
Ek quotes, just for kicks

This guy is so hilarious:

"TSN is reporting that the Flyers have agreed to a three year extension with Jeff Carter...looking into it."

Well, once Ek confirms it I'll believe it!

"The main two names associated with Calgary talking to folks today are Jay Bouwmeester and Mike Green.

The Oilers are also believed to be working up major offer sheets for these two. I am very curious to see exactly how this plays out. The Oilers also are said to have interest in Koistinen and Vermette."

What a guy! Doesn't he mean, "I'm very curious to see how far I can stick my head up my @#%! while rubbing my belly and hopping on one foot?"

OILW30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Fayne Gretzky

Well he's got one right so far, I guess we better get ready to welcome Jay and Mike to the organisation.

Fayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 07:31 PM
oilerfan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ext View Post
Well he's got one right so far, I guess we better get ready to welcome Jay and Mike to the organisation.
Only in my sweetest, most wonderful dreams does that actually happen.

oilerfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Asher

95% of people who believe Eklund's rumors also belong to the Flat Earth Society, believe in the Easter Bunny, and think Ashlee Simpson was only lip-synching on SNL because she had a throat infection.

It's a fact.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 11:38 PM
tiger_80

And WHY do we need either guy?

Pitkanen and Souray bring similar attributes as Bowmeester and Green. I also believe to have a chance of landing either you'll have to pay more than what Souray is making and more than what Pitkanen is currently asking for.

6M+ is my guess, not to mention the multiple 1st rounders leaving the organization.

tiger_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 07:52 PM
metallicat
@metallicat51

If Eklund is such a joke, why do so many people here validate him and his website by essentially offering him free advertising? Stop talking about the clown already. It's annoying.

metallicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 10:00 PM
Raoul Duke*

Not only is Eklund a clown but back in the day - 06 trade deadline I guess... I made up a rumour that Afinogenov would be heading to Edmonton along with Rory Fitzpatrick and Martin Biron for Raffi Torres, a draft pick and something else (can't remember now)

But Garrioch picked it up and printed it in the Sun. It was on CBS's sportslink site. It hit up Eklund a day or two later and he gave it an e4 - and claimed it was from a good inside source.

Only thing was i had no source but just making a fake blog post. It worked.

That's their sources. I expected Eklund to bite, but Garrioch and the Sun was just a bonus. That's how reliable it is. I might post a blog tonight that the Penguins are in serious talks with Edmonton to trade Sidney Crosby due to salary concerns, and Darryl Katz pushing hard for it.

Raoul Duke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Phaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
Not only is Eklund a clown but back in the day - 06 trade deadline I guess... I made up a rumour that Afinogenov would be heading to Edmonton along with Rory Fitzpatrick and Martin Biron for Raffi Torres, a draft pick and something else (can't remember now)

But Garrioch picked it up and printed it in the Sun. It was on CBS's sportslink site. It hit up Eklund a day or two later and he gave it an e4 - and claimed it was from a good inside source.

That's their sources. I expected Eklund to bite, but Garrioch and the Sun was just a bonus. That's how reliable it is. I might post a blog tonight that the Penguins are in serious talks with Edmonton to trade Sidney Crosby due to salary concerns, and Darryl Katz pushing hard for it.
haha thats awesome

Eklunds such a joke

Phaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 10:30 PM
trooper66

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz View Post
haha thats awesome

Eklunds such a joke
Hey im new to this site but I am hearing about this Eklund guy alot who is this guy

trooper66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 10:35 PM
OilerNut*

I love how everyone gets so offended over Eklund and start foaming at the mouth everytime his name comes up. Just think of him as the national enquirer of the hockey world, nothing he says is right but is amusing to read.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 10:37 PM
slantedEnchanted

Quote:

So how do we know your not making up this post?

slantedEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 10:37 PM
frag2

Quote:

Dude...thats gold
And make sure you mention Katz intends to sign Crosby to a personal contract (like Gretz) and that he will be the spokesmodel for Rexall Pharmacy

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 11:14 PM
Tommy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper66 View Post
Hey im new to this site but I am hearing about this Eklund guy alot who is this guy
Eklund

[/QUOTE]

Tommy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 01:17 AM
Austroilia

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper66 View Post
The less you know the better. You can live a better life than all of us by never knowing.

Austroilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 01:42 AM
slantedEnchanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austroilia View Post
The less you know the better. You can live a better life than all of us by never knowing.
Its the one instance where you can turn it from "you don't know what you don't know" to "what you don't know makes you a better person."

You can go to hockeybuzz.com if you want to check him out, but don't bite.

His biggest claimed attribute is his biggest detriment. He claims to be an anonymous blogger with inside sources. What hockey-type outside of Andy "I give Chris Pronger Head" Strickland would want to feed this guy information, if he's completely anonymous?

slantedEnchanted is offline   Reply With Quote