HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injuries

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2004, 02:16 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Injuries

I've got questions about the injured players.

Radek Dvorak: On TSN they mentioned he pulled a muscle under his groin. How serious is the injury and how long will he be out.

Ty Conklin: I read somewhere that he has a fractured wrist/hand. Is the injury more serious than original thought?

Raffi Torres: Heard somewhere that he has an ankle laceration. How serious is the injury and how long will he be out?

02-17-2004, 02:40 AM
oildrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
I've got questions about the injured players.

Radek Dvorak: On TSN they mentioned he pulled a muscle under his groin. How serious is the injury and how long will he be out.

Ty Conklin: I read somewhere that he has a fractured wrist/hand. Is the injury more serious than original thought?

Raffi Torres: Heard somewhere that he has an ankle laceration. How serious is the injury and how long will he be out?
Just curious, but what is with your infatuation with injuries?

Old
02-17-2004, 09:25 AM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
What on Earth led you to believe that his injury is more serious than originally thought? Is it the Moss trade? There's no way he would return any sooner than several weeks, since that hand takes a beating in games, plus he has to hold his stick with it, so it wouldn't be just a few games. Valiquette has a knee injury, and won't be back any time soon, and Morrison is an AHL rookie. I think Lowe wanted a backup who had at least seen the NHL, just in case he was needed. Plus, it's not a really big deal if they lost him on waivers, where Big Valley would be a much more significant loss when sent back down, if Conklin is out more than the 30-day waiver exemption period.

Old
02-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
What on Earth led you to believe that his injury is more serious than originally thought? Is it the Moss trade? There's no way he would return any sooner than several weeks, since that hand takes a beating in games, plus he has to hold his stick with it, so it wouldn't be just a few games. Valiquette has a knee injury, and won't be back any time soon, and Morrison is an AHL rookie. I think Lowe wanted a backup who had at least seen the NHL, just in case he was needed. Plus, it's not a really big deal if they lost him on waivers, where Big Valley would be a much more significant loss when sent back down, if Conklin is out more than the 30-day waiver exemption period.
That had nothing to do with it. On another message board, somebody mentioned he was only out for a week. On some injury reports, it says day-to-day. I know it will be a couple of weeks. I broke my arm and was in a cast for 5 weeks.

Here's more injury updates from the Edmonton Sun this morning. Doesn't look good.

The Oilers are going to be short-staffed for a while. Brad Isbister, Raffi Torres, Mike York, Marty Reasoner and Radek Dvorak are all hurting and not expected back any time soon.

Old
02-17-2004, 11:56 AM
Allan

But it isn't his wrist - it's two small bones in his hand near his wrist. I think it's the ring and pinky. It won't be 5 weeks.

Closed Thread