HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Colorado and Edmonton

Old
06-28-2008, 04:57 PM
LeftWinger44

vCash: 500
Colorado and Edmonton

To Colorado:

Raffi Torres
Ladislav Smid
3rd rounder in 09

To Edmonton:
Milan Hejduk

I think this would be a good trade for both teams. The Oilers need a goal-scorer and top six forward and Hejduk fits the bill. He can get you 30 goals and 60+ points with the right linemates. For the Avs, they have a lot of scoring forwards but besides Lapperiere, lack grit, peskiness, and physicality. Torres provides this to the Avs and Smid can help alleviate the loss of a puck-mover like Liles. Smid is also has a mean streak which could add more toghness to the Avs blueline. Hejduk can be easily replaced with Wolski or Hensick and the Avs still have a good top-six while bolstering their bottom six and replacing Liles.

LeftWinger44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 05:11 PM
bohlmeister
Amazingly Randy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWinger44 View Post
To Colorado:

Raffi Torres
Ladislav Smid
3rd rounder in 09

To Edmonton:
Milan Hejduk

I think this would be a good trade for both teams. The Oilers need a goal-scorer and top six forward and Hejduk fits the bill. He can get you 30 goals and 60+ points with the right linemates. For the Avs, they have a lot of scoring forwards but besides Lapperiere, lack grit, peskiness, and physicality. Torres provides this to the Avs and Smid can help alleviate the loss of a puck-mover like Liles. Smid is also has a mean streak which could add more toghness to the Avs blueline. Hejduk can be easily replaced with Wolski or Hensick and the Avs still have a good top-six while bolstering their bottom six and replacing Liles.
Sorry but Hejduk isn't available, and he has a NTC. If we were to trade Hejduk I think Stoll would be involved. Smid, not so much.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 05:22 PM
LeftWinger44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Sorry but Hejduk isn't available, and he has a NTC. If we were to trade Hejduk I think Stoll would be involved. Smid, not so much.
Stoll could be included but I don't see how Colorado would need him as much as they need Torres and Smid. If Liles leaves, the Avs are gonna need a puck-mover to replace him. Also, I think a Torres-Arnason-Laperrier line would be cool.

Old
06-28-2008, 05:23 PM
Golden Foppa

NO!!!! Form a Colorado perspective.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 05:28 PM
bohlmeister
Amazingly Randy

Quote:
Stoll could be included but I don't see how Colorado would need him as much as they need Torres and Smid. If Liles leaves, the Avs are gonna need a puck-mover to replace him. Also, I think a Torres-Arnason-Laperrier line would be cool.
Colorado would probably use Stoll as a 3rd line center (unless Sakic retires) and for key face offs. He would also play the point on the PP. Cumiskey will replace Liles if he isn't re-signed which I think he will. Arnason will hopefully be put on waivers.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 05:29 PM
avalanche45

the Avs have enough grit in Mcleod Mckormick and Lappy, I dont think we need to trade one of our best forwards for more.

avalanche45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 05:30 PM
VikingAv
Go Sioux!

More quantity for quality-crap. The team that gets the best player always wins. No thanks from the Avs, our trading-within-the-division record is already bad enough.

VikingAv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 05:32 PM
LeftWinger44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Foppa View Post
NO!!!! Form a Colorado perspective.
Why not? The Avs already have Stastny, Wolski, Svatos, Hensick, and Smyth in their lineup. Also, Sakic and Forsberg have a good chance of coming back and Brunette wouldn't be that hard to re-sign. Don't you think it would actually be a good thing to help the D and add toughness? I think that's what Colorado lacks since their last SC and scoring is not a problem with the Avs. I would like to see Wolski replace Hejduk's spot and Hensick can play on the second line.

Old
06-28-2008, 05:33 PM
Euan17

Quote:
...Hejduk can be easily replaced with Wolski or Hensick...
To Colorado:

Raffi Torres
Ladislav Smid
3rd rounder in 09

To Edmonton:
Wojtek Wolski

done

Euan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 05:35 PM
LeftWinger44

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingAv View Post
More quantity for quality-crap. The team that gets the best player always wins. No thanks from the Avs, our trading-within-the-division record is already bad enough.
Smid is a promising young defenseman. Remember he is still only 21 and I would consider him a blue-chip prospect. He already has 2 years of experience in the NHL and three years in the pros. In a few years down the road he could be a 30 point defenseman on the Avs first pairing.

Old
06-28-2008, 05:37 PM
LeftWinger44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euan17 View Post
To Colorado:

Raffi Torres
Ladislav Smid
3rd rounder in 09

To Edmonton:
Wojtek Wolski

done
Add a 2nd rounder to Wolski and I'd pull that trigger.

Old
06-28-2008, 05:38 PM
MonacoBlue

BIG NO from a Colorado persepective

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 05:40 PM
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Dont shoot me, but it looks pretty fair to me

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 05:40 PM
Euan17

Quote:
Add a 2nd rounder to Wolski and I'd pull that trigger.
So first you say Wolski is as good as Hejduk, then you say Hejduk is worth an extra 2nd round pick...

Euan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 05:46 PM
LeftWinger44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euan17 View Post
So first you say Wolski is as good as Hejduk, then you say Hejduk is worth an extra 2nd round pick...
Well, I'm just saying that the Avs have so much scorers but their defence is suspect and they don't have enough grit in their bottom six. Wolski has got potential which the Oilers do not need as they already got enough youngsters. They need someone who can for sure put up 25+ goals and 60+ points. The Avs are also better off with Wolski to go along with Torres and Smid as all three are still relatively young and need to plan ahead when guys like Sakic, Forsberg, and Smyth retire.

Old
06-28-2008, 05:47 PM
shaolinson
Bim Jenning

poor colorado

shaolinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 05:56 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Quote:
Well, I'm just saying that the Avs have so much scorers but their defence is suspect and they don't have enough grit in their bottom six. Wolski has got potential which the Oilers do not need as they already got enough youngsters. They need someone who can for sure put up 25+ goals and 60+ points. The Avs are also better off with Wolski to go along with Torres and Smid as all three are still relatively young and need to plan ahead when guys like Sakic, Forsberg, and Smyth retire.
Gritty players can be had cheaper than a top 6 forward like Duke.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 06:19 PM
LeftWinger44

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
But Torres can also get you 20+ goals and his hits can change a playoff series as seen in Game 3 of the 2006 Sharks vs. Oilers series.

The Avs also get Smid, a blue-chip prospect and future top pairing defenceman who already has two NHL seasons under his belt.

Old
06-28-2008, 06:29 PM
LeftWinger44

This would be the Avs lineup next year with the trade assuming Brunette leaves and Sakic and Forsberg re-sign.

Smyth-Sakic-Svatos
Forsberg-Stastny-Wolski
Torres-Arnason-Lappierre
McKormick-Hensick-Mcleod

Hannan-Salei
Smid-Leopold
Clark-Cumiskey

Theodore(?)
Budaj

The defence looks good and the forwards are easily the best in the NW division. Remember if Foppa goes down you can put in Torres or Hensick in as a replacement. I can see the Avs winning the division with this lineup and gaining at least third seed. The offense blows Calgary's, Vancouver's, and Minnesota's out of the water and is still clearly better than that of the Oilers.

Old
06-28-2008, 06:56 PM
thedoctor
                    

Quote:
This would be the Avs lineup next year with the trade assuming Brunette leaves and Sakic and Forsberg re-sign.

Smyth-Sakic-Svatos
Forsberg-Stastny-Wolski
Torres-Arnason-Lappierre
McKormick-Hensick-Mcleod

Hannan-Salei
Smid-Leopold
Clark-Cumiskey

Theodore(?)
Budaj

The defence looks good and the forwards are easily the best in the NW division. Remember if Foppa goes down you can put in Torres or Hensick in as a replacement. I can see the Avs winning the division with this lineup and gaining at least third seed. The offense blows Calgary's, Vancouver's, and Minnesota's out of the water and is still clearly better than that of the Oilers.
Sorry dude, you can spin this all you want, but Hejduk is worth way more than this. And Wolski is worth even more with his potential and cap number.

thedoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 07:16 PM
wahoyaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingAv View Post
My thoughts exactly

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 08:36 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 320
Quote:
But Torres can also get you 20+ goals and his hits can change a playoff series as seen in Game 3 of the 2006 Sharks vs. Oilers series.
If Torres can get 20+, why are you so eager to trade him, Smid and a 3rd for Hejduk's 25 goals?

And Hensick isn't a 4th liner to be wasted with the Cody Macs. He might play a lesser role during his development, but he's not going to be on a checking line anywhere other than an EA game.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 08:48 PM
NHL33*

Trading within the division is always a bad idea. Especially if you're Colorado. So, no.

It might be fair but it doesn't really matter. Duke isn't going anywhere, especially with his NTC, so it's all academic in the end.

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Why not? The Avs already have Stastny, Wolski, Svatos, Hensick, and Smyth in their lineup. Also, Sakic and Forsberg have a good chance of coming back and Brunette wouldn't be that hard to re-sign. Don't you think it would actually be a good thing to help the D and add toughness? I think that's what Colorado lacks since their last SC and scoring is not a problem with the Avs. I would like to see Wolski replace Hejduk's spot and Hensick can play on the second line.
Because:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
And you're assuming that Forsberg AND Sakic come back to round out our top 6.

Currently it looks like this:

Smyth-Stastny-Hejduk
Wolski-Sakic/Hensick-Svatos

If we trade Hejduk who fills his role in the top 6? Forsberg could if he's coming back, but we don't know that for sure. It doesn't make sense to me to trade a top line sniper like Hejduk for gritty role players when we already have some good grit on the bottom lines.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 10:53 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

Colorado's counteroffer:

Arnason
Sauer
3rd

For

Hemsky
Conditional 7th

Hemsky and Arnason usually both score 20 goals so it's even offensively. Plus Sauer gives you grit, physicality, and other non-sequiturs which the Oilers badly need. Needless to say the picks just balance the whole thing out

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote