HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Stick Question..Senior/Int

Old
06-28-2008, 09:53 PM
BruinsFTW

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BruinsFTW
Stick Question..Senior/Int

Is there a huge difference between senior sticks and intermediate sticks?

Besides yeah some quality and the stick flex?

Would you say an intermediate stick has a chance of holding up for a 175lb person with a 75 flex?

Would like to hear what some people think of it. Not trying to spend a ton of money on my sticks and wood seems too heavy after composites..So was wonderin if Intermediate was a decent option?

BruinsFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 10:04 PM
OilerNut*

Well if you are planning to play competively I wouldn't go with an intermediate stick. I would imagine a 75flex would be too whippy for you.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 10:07 PM
BruinsFTW

Yeah competively of course not...but for a beer league it would hold up alright wouldn't it?

Old
06-28-2008, 10:32 PM
deanosaur

Intermediate isn't as thick as a Senior.
And I don't understand how a full grown man atleast 5'10 (just as an example) would use an intermediate, they would be able to break them fairly easily.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 12:59 AM
Opus
Boondoggle

vCash: 875
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastinB's View Post
Yeah competively of course not...but for a beer league it would hold up alright wouldn't it?
I don't think so.

Not sure the prices in New Jersey, but here in Canada...you'd be looking at approx. $100-120 for a decent stick.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 02:01 AM
BruinsFTW

i usually go with hockeymoney.com...i'll probably just cough up the extra, no big deal

Old
06-29-2008, 02:44 AM
Datsyuk 13

75 is a total whip.... do not get it i had it and im 5'7 150 pounds and i call literally whip it.. get at least a 85-90 flex.

Datsyuk 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 02:49 PM
forbs02
Blergh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsyuk 13 View Post
75 is a total whip.... do not get it i had it and im 5'7 150 pounds and i call literally whip it.. get at least a 85-90 flex.
It totally depends on the player. I have friends who are big guys, 6', 200+lbs and they love using the 75 flex. They played NCAA hockey and they have great shots with them. You should get a stick that feels most comfortable for you. It is a common misconception that the lower flex sticks break easier. In reality, they have more give so they don't snap as often.

At your size you should go with either a 75 or 85. I think anything over 85 will be too stiff for you. What is your skill level? That should also weigh into your decision.

forbs02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:43 PM
no.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbs02 View Post
It totally depends on the player. I have friends who are big guys, 6', 200+lbs and they love using the 75 flex. They played NCAA hockey and they have great shots with them. You should get a stick that feels most comfortable for you. It is a common misconception that the lower flex sticks break easier. In reality, they have more give so they don't snap as often.

At your size you should go with either a 75 or 85. I think anything over 85 will be too stiff for you. What is your skill level? That should also weigh into your decision.
Absolutely correct. I usually play with a 75 flex (or NBH 77-flex to be exact) and it suits me perfectly and I'm about 200lbs. However, intermediate sticks tend to be slimmer than senior sticks and thus have a different feel to them.
If I were you I'd go for shaft-blade combo. Similar performance and feel as one-piece but tend to be cheaper in the long run.

no.95 is offline   Reply With Quote