HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

How do you think Visnovksy will fit in with Edmonton?

Old
07-01-2008, 04:06 AM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Post View Post
Try 11.8(a)?
If the Player is traded or claimed on Waivers prior to the no-Trade or no-move clause taking effect, the bind does not bind the acquiring Clun

Now heres my one question/concern with this comment. Lubo got traded before his new contract kicked in.

Now if the NTC isn't part of the deal he was currently on before he is traded, than is it nullified now? What I'm trying to get at is that because Lubo was traded not on the contract with the NTC, is the NTC still going to be void once the new contract kicks in.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 04:08 AM
hfboardsuser

It's a club option. The Oilers can agree to the NTC if they like.

hfboardsuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 04:18 AM
Rin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
If the Player is traded or claimed on Waivers prior to the no-Trade or no-move clause taking effect, the bind does not bind the acquiring Clun

Now heres my one question/concern with this comment. Lubo got traded before his new contract kicked in.

Now if the NTC isn't part of the deal he was currently on before he is traded, than is it nullified now? What I'm trying to get at is that because Lubo was traded not on the contract with the NTC, is the NTC still going to be void once the new contract kicks in.

Well, didn't his old contract end as soon as the Kings season ended? Or does that end July 1st? From what I've gathered, the NTC is void. Because once it would have kicked in, there would be no way to trade him before the NTC kicks in.

Rin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 04:20 AM
Horseradish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastoftheBest11 View Post
So is Lubo.

The Languages and Countries are pretty Identical so its often not regarded as major differences.
********. That's like saying that Croats and Serbs have "pretty identical" cultures. Or Israelis and Palestinians.

While it might be true, there's a reason there was a schism in Czechoslovakia.

Not saying they wouldn't get along, but it's not the same as a Czech joining a Czech or a Slovak joining a Slovak.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 04:31 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
Well, didn't his old contract end as soon as the Kings season ended? Or does that end July 1st? From what I've gathered, the NTC is void. Because once it would have kicked in, there would be no way to trade him before the NTC kicks in.
It ends July 1st. And thats what I've gathered too, that the NTC (unless the Oilers agree to honour it) is void.

But they traded for a player whose current contract did not include a NTC. The one that begins July 1st does.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 05:04 AM
Soundwave

Thinking about it more I think if nothing else this was smart asset management.

We can deal Visnovsky at any point during his contract because his NTC is effectively void now.

Say he has a bounce back season next year and tops 50 points .... you could deal him fairly easily I think and the return would be much greater than Stoll + Greene.

We really didn't give up that much. Stoll is solid, but there's nothing he does that Horcoff doesn't do better aside from the point shot ... and we're more than covered now in that area.

Soundwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 05:19 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
********. That's like saying that Croats and Serbs have "pretty identical" cultures. Or Israelis and Palestinians.

While it might be true, there's a reason there was a schism in Czechoslovakia.

Not saying they wouldn't get along, but it's not the same as a Czech joining a Czech or a Slovak joining a Slovak.
Hemmer and Lubo are friends though

The Perfect Human* is offline   Reply With Quote