HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Stewart

Old
07-01-2008, 05:51 AM
HabsDood

vCash: 500
Stewart

I'd like us to have the opportunity to see that guy play this season, please Bob, don't sign another Slolinsky today..

HabsDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 06:42 AM
HabsoluteFate

What about Chipchura? I think that's the guy more likely to use up Slowlinski's icetime

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 06:47 AM
HabsDood

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
What about Chipchura? I think that's the guy more likely to use up Slowlinski's icetime

Absolutely, but I'd still like to see what Stewart's made of.. He can fight too, I like that in a kid..

Old
07-01-2008, 07:39 AM
morgan_mtl

I would like to see him and Begin rolate during the season ..... I still get upset thinking of Begin's penalty and I like what Stewart brings to the game.

morgan_mtl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 07:43 AM
HabsDood

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan_mtl View Post
I would like to see him and Begin rolate during the season ..... I still get upset thinking of Begin's penalty and I like what Stewart brings to the game.
Yup, same here... But Begin playings his best is really BIG.. Though, the air bubbles are still moving in his brain and sometimes, it does things

Remember when Begin kissed that board in the playoffs, lost some thoot and came back with that facemask helmet and kept falling into those boards.. GOLD!

But, time to move on, I think, Let's see those youth move up, or away perhaps..

Old
07-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Beakermania*

Greg Stewart had one good NHL game, in a meaningless game... against an opponent who had given up on their season..... He was an average AHLer and not even a dominant force in that league..... But I get the feeling that a lot of people here think he has a spot on the team guaranteed next year.

Stewart was up for that game... he was super pumped... it was his first ever game... On HNIC... in the biggest rivalry in hockey. He played his heart out. I don't think anyone can sustain that effort level game in and game out... .He has to prove to me in training camp that he deserves a spot and show some consistancy... I'm not ready to annoint him with a roster spot yet.

Meanwhile in the Latendresse thread we are ready to throw a younger guy... with 2 years of NHL experience... and 32 goals... under the bus.

Habs fans can be crazy sometimes

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 08:27 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Stewart probably won't play much this year, but will likely replace Kostopoulos next year.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 08:36 AM
HabsDood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Greg Stewart had one good NHL game, in a meaningless game... against an opponent who had given up on their season..... He was an average AHLer and not even a dominant force in that league..... But I get the feeling that a lot of people here think he has a spot on the team guaranteed next year.

Stewart was up for that game... he was super pumped... it was his first ever game... On HNIC... in the biggest rivalry in hockey. He played his heart out. I don't think anyone can sustain that effort level game in and game out... .He has to prove to me in training camp that he deserves a spot and show some consistancy... I'm not ready to annoint him with a roster spot yet.

Meanwhile in the Latendresse thread we are ready to throw a younger guy... with 2 years of NHL experience... and 32 goals... under the bus.

Habs fans can be crazy sometimes

Lats? If that guy can put it in the net instead of posts, we wouldn,t be talking about Hossa this morn..

Lats should have a really great year in 2008-09.. He has to though, time to get "there" is now

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Stewart probably won't play much this year, but will likely replace Kostopoulos next year.
Sounds great, though.. So many candidates..

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-01-2008 at 09:05 AM.