Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eklund Rumour: Nagy to Calgary (e3)

Old
07-03-2008, 11:12 PM
curry67*

vCash: 500
Eklund Rumour: Nagy to Calgary (e3)

this looks like a perfect fit for the flames.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=16084

curry67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Hyde

Really why? Cause I don't see how Nagy fits at all.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:28 PM
abracanada

Pretty soft given the direction the Flames are going.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:32 PM
Body Checker

Nagy has flown under the radar the last few years because of injuries and playing in LA BUT if you look at his stats he has put up pretty decent numbers. Look at the Flames scoring stats the last few years - you had Iginla, Langkow, Huselius, Tangauy, Phaneuf and then a huge gap. Nagy would have filled that gap decently.

I think he would look good playing LW with Iggy and Daymond. Then Cammalleri and Lombardi can anchor the 2nd line.

It's all about depth. Say even if Nagy score 15 goals and adds 25 assists then that's 40 points. Maybe disappointing BUT is there anyone from Quad Cities or from Juniors/Europe that can add that?

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:34 PM
Puckz

I don't mind Nagy depending on the price. He's softer, I would think he'd be like a second tier Huselius at this point. Could be wrong though, but yes, he would fit better on the top two lines as opposed to Bourque.

Puckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Hyde

Yeah, but he soft so again I don't see how he is going to fit in.

Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:53 PM
HuskyFlames

IMO, Nagy is another Huselius project.

HuskyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:32 AM
kruezer

I guess it would depend on the length and price, he wouldn't be ideal, but could be a decent player to fill that second tier of scoring.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Miko

I just can't see this happening.We trade Tanguay and let Huselius go to sign Nagy? Illogical imo

The writings on the wall.Sutter and company are going in a different direction.

Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Puckz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko View Post
I just can't see this happening.We trade Tanguay and let Huselius go to sign Nagy? Illogical imo

Not sure if I agree... Tanguay wanted out, and Huselius appeared to as well, plus he was commanding more than we could offer.

We missed out on more desireable wingers, and now Nagy is left out there as a plausible replacement. He looks like he would be a stronger candidate for the 2nd line, so I think it's reasonable to think we may sign him (if the price is right).

Not sure if we're going with an entirely different direction, also consider that the knock on Cammalleri is that he is a bit softer and not as gritty, the same knocks on Tanguay and Huselius.

Puckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:38 AM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko View Post

Agreed. Can't see Sutter being all that interested in Nagy. Although who knows. Could be that 2nd line guy everyone wants as he can definetly put up some points.

flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:44 AM
Buttonwood
$$$

vCash: 924
Maybe Sutter's problem with Huselius wasn't so much his game and production, but his price. I would've taken Huselius at the right price. Not to mention Nagy doesn't have a less than stellar history with our current head coach (to my knowledge).

I think it all comes down to $$$ in this case.

Buttonwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:59 AM
BearChi

if we get him for cheap we could go and get someone that can so along with him

BearChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 04:31 AM
Treliving The Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by flames14 View Post
if we get him for cheap we could go and get someone that can so along with him
Why someone to go along with him? Do you really think the Flames have enough cap space to acquire two top six forwards? A line of Nagy, Lombardi and Boyd wouldn't be too bad. One of Boyd or Lombardi will be playing on the second line for sure. There are very few teams in the NHL that have top sixes comprised of ALL top six players. It just doesn't happen. So I wouldn't get my hopes up and expect Sutter to go out and grab 2 or 3 top six forwards because he won't.

Treliving The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Hyperkookeez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan View Post
IMO, Nagy is another Huselius project.
my thoughts exactly

Hyperkookeez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
Please, no! He is a second tier Huselius so I don't see why we'd run one soft, talented player out of town to replace him with a softer one. Sutter will not and better not even consider this no matter how little money it is for.

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Qubax

you know really what it comes down to is Huselius and Tanguay versus Cammalleri and Nagy. I'd take the Cammy/Nagy side everyday of the week.

Our Top 6 improves a little, and with the Bourque, Glencross pick ups we flush out, fill out and improve our Top 9.

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:15 PM
AndersEriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
Please, no! He is a second tier Huselius so I don't see why we'd run one soft, talented player out of town to replace him with a softer less talented one.
Also remember the source of this rumour.

AndersEriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:48 PM
andy*

I would not mind this signing. I think the defence looks good with Phaneuf, Regher, Sarich, Gioradno, Aucion, Vandermeer and some of the farm kids will pushing hard for a spot on D, the Goaltending postion is just perfect. He do need another top 6 forward Nagy would be a good signing because he can realy help our forwards and if he is healthly he can put up 60-70 points. About that soft part I think Sutter and Keenan know that they can change all that or then they would not be doing this(if it is deed true). I think we need a top six forward and the top choices are Nagy or Bertuzzi because they can come cheap. I would prefer Bertuzzi over Nagy because he is big and strong and he can get his carrer back on line esspecailly with Iginla.

andy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:55 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiganticSnake View Post
Also remember the source of this rumour.

Exactly why I'm not worried about Nagy coming here.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:12 PM
qwerty

Our second line needs a boost of talent and I would be all for Nagy coming here. He's a player who I hoped Darryl would target coming to free agency. Suprisingly, he's still around and I feel he's completely underrated in all aspects of his game.

To the people who call him soft.

- Pro-rated = He would have had 60 HITS last year had he played an entire season. He's supposedly suppose to somewhat of a mean streak too.

- Nagy also won 53% of his faceoffs.

- He only played an average of 13:47

- Nagy can be good for 50+ points on any given season and could be a point per game player if he plays with regularly with good players and ample PP time.

- To add a top-six forward for free (no assets given up) for maybe 3-4 million would be a great for our team. We have the cap space as well as long as we can get Warrener, Eriksson, Nilson's contracts off the books.

qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 03:05 PM
pepchew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
you know really what it comes down to is Huselius and Tanguay versus Cammalleri and Nagy. I'd take the Cammy/Nagy side everyday of the week.

Our Top 6 improves a little, and with the Bourque, Glencross pick ups we flush out, fill out and improve our Top 9.
Agreed. And let's not forget that Tanguay and Huselius are earning a combined 10 million this year. Moreover, Huselius' contract is at least 4 years in length and Tanguay will likely sign a big extension or sign for huge money as a FA. We couldn't even come close to keeping them even if we wanted to.

pepchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 08:03 PM
scoringmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
Yeah, but he soft so again I don't see how he is going to fit in.
Explain to me how Nagy is a soft player.

scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 08:05 PM
abracanada

I would rather have Selanne on that second line.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Hyperkookeez*

Quote:
Originally Posted by abracanada View Post
I would rather have Selanne on that second line.
i would actually cream myself if that happened but calgary doesnt have the finnish connection(another long time national player like koivu or lehtinen). selanne's family also lives in california, his wife gave birth to their daughter a couple months ago, and he did take 3 straight pay cuts to play for the ducks. selanne also works best in an offense based system, and the last time selanne played under sutter there were mixed results.

the ducks have been good to selanne and he has been good to them. everything points to him signing with them

then again if by a miracle selanne did decide to sign in calgary i could see lombo breaking out in a similar fashion to how andy mac did while playing with selanne. selanne is also fairly gritty and possess' some leadership qualities

being a long time fan of selanne though, if he signed in calgary i would ****ing stalk him day and night. no joke

Hyperkookeez* is offline   Reply With Quote