HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

hossa to edmonton (e4)

Closed Thread

Old
07-02-2008, 10:58 AM
Killiecrankie*

vCash: 500
Edmonton is a bottom 10 team without Hossa, with him maybe 10-15 and maybe sneak into that 8th spot.

Still have horrible goal keeping.

Old
07-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
I don't think he's going to the Oilers. He's spending way too much time "thinking" about it.

Old
07-02-2008, 10:59 AM
mmmjays

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark144 View Post
Edmonton is a bottom 10 team without Hossa, with him maybe 10-15 and maybe sneak into that 8th spot.

You dont know what youre talking about. LOL.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:00 AM
ukoiler83

Send a message via MSN to ukoiler83
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjays View Post
You dont know what youre talking about. LOL.
my sentiments exactly, 9th place last year wasnt it?

oh yeah only because of the shootout, yada yada yada

Old
07-02-2008, 11:01 AM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by likea View Post
haha, you have no idea what your talking about. Hossa got so many bad bounce lucky goals in the playoffs...you just have no idea. i can tell you didn't watch most of the pens playoff games. no reason even discussing it with ya.
i watched every game fool.
i also just watched all of his goals yesterday on NHL.com
bad bounces? the jealousy of you losing the player is running high now.

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlp=8466148

let me know which ones from the playoffs in there were bad bounces and get back to me, k thx.

you just got burned and wont respond.
how come you forgot to respond to the rest of the post? oh yeah, cause its all true.

keep dreaming as your franchise goes into the toilet (again) because no one in Pittsburgh cares about hockey.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Greaves

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post

let me know which ones from the playoffs in there were bad bounces and get back to me, k thx.

how come you forgot to respond to the rest of the post? oh yeah, cause its all true.

keep dreaming as your franchise goes into the toilet (again) because no one in Pittsburgh cares about hockey.
Wow that just shows you have no idea what's going on. You are like Eklund man. Good job!

Old
07-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Wheatking

Quote:

Yeah...but...you know...had the goalie gotten in the way of those shots....they wouldn't have gone in....they were all lucky....I mean....since when does the puck find its way to the slot...

Old
07-02-2008, 11:09 AM
mich

The Pens are a playoff team without Hossa. They're not a Cup contender without a Hossa-caliber scorer.

The Oilers are a playoff team with Hossa. They're throwing ridiculous money at him, because frankly they have to...it's Edmonton.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SilverCup View Post
I don't think he's going to the Oilers. He's spending way too much time "thinking" about it.
I agree.

By "thinking", players usually mean waiting for someone to up the offer or someone new to join the fray.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Levizk

Quote:

For someone calling out the ignorance of another person, you sure display a healthy dose of it yourself. We all know Hossa is the top free agent this year for a good reason, why the need to make yourself look foolish with the comment about a Pittsburgh market that has had some of the best TV ratings in the United States markets and a waiting list for tickets?

Old
likea

Quote:

first, you need to get a life if you watched every playoff game and I'm calling BS on that one.

second- check the goal on 4-25. mad lucky.

the Ot Rangers goal was lucky

and his last goal vs. detroit should of never counted cause the interference and i'm a Pens fan

what would you like me to respond to??? that untrue crap about Malkin??? it sounds like you ride the short bus when you talk like that. I can't respond to that crap

Old
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich View Post
The Pens are a playoff team without Hossa. They're not a Cup contender without a Hossa-caliber scorer.

The Oilers are a playoff team with Hossa. They're throwing ridiculous money at him, because frankly they have to...it's Edmonton.
I know that was supposed to be a shot at the city and the club but it's not because it's true and everyone knows it. A 7 million dollar player on an American team in a 9M player in Edmonton. Thats just the way it is. I don't know why so many people are so bent out of shape about the Oilers offer.

Old
HawksFan37

Pure speculation here, but I think the reason that Hossa is taking so long is that before July 1 he had a pretty good idea of where he wanted to go (no tampering or anything sic). Then, he gets this mega-offer from the Oilers and that's what he's mulling over because the Oilers offer is for more money. Because of the magnitude of the offer he's taking time to consider what was originally not the first option in his mind. It'll be interesting to see how this all concludes.

Last edited by HawksFan37: 07-02-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old
07-02-2008, 11:16 AM
likea

Quote:
you pay 9 million to get him to a market that doesnt have Whiney Baby Poopy Diapers Disney Crosby. and sure, maybe hes not worth 9 million but he did carry your team in that SCF series when your new 8.7 million Mouth Breather Boy, Mr. Malkin was choking to death weezing for air after every shift trying to stop white knuckling his stick.

was he paid 8.7 million to play as a second line center? if so, thats an overpay. sorry. do you expect Crosby to be injured every year so Malkin can inflate his stats? if so, youre wasting money on both accounts.

Hossa kept you guys alive in that series with timely assists and goals, rushes, and awesome backchecking to help your pathetic defense out thats getting even thinner as everyone, from defense to forwards, ditches town.

good luck. cant wait until Slower than Molasses Staal gets his huge payday for taking 90 foot strides that look slower than Chris Pronger and is snakebit playing with AHL'ers on the third line.

there is so much crap in this post its not worth responding to....sorry.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:17 AM
mmmjays

I dont think hossa is worth 9 mil/season, but thats what you gotta do sometimes. Its about 1-1.5M overpay, which is bad, but isnt too bad? Edmonton hasnt had a 40 goal scorer in a looooong time. I think this is a great time for them to add one.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Wheatking

Quote:
first, you need to get a life if you watched every playoff game and I'm calling BS on that one.

second- check the goal on 4-25. mad lucky.

the Ot Rangers goal was lucky

and his last goal vs. detroit should of never counted cause the interference and i'm a Pens fan

what would you like me to respond to??? that untrue crap about Malkin??? it sounds like you ride the short bus when you talk like that. I can't respond to that crap
I have a life and I watched every single one of the Penguins playoff games this season. I like hockey so I make time for it.

Pointing out every weak goal isn't going to prove anything. You think Ovechkin didn't get some bounces this season? The puck follows the good players....and it's really not going to hold up with fans that have spent years watching Craig Simpson, Ryan Smyth and Dustin Penner.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:18 AM
Dallas

Quote:
he is an amazing 2 way player but he isn't one of the best in the league. Not even top 10. he should not get 9 million. he should not get over 8.
2007-2008 - 44th in scoring
2006-2007 - 6th in scoring
2005-2006 - 11th in scoring
2004-2005 ---------------
2003-2004 - 5th in scoring
2002-2003 - 14th in scoring

Subtract this year, and I think his stats qualify him as a top ten forward in the league.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:19 AM
rigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark144 View Post

You're are clearly not a hockey watcher are you? The Oilers finished 19th over all last season with no Horcoff, Souray and Moreau. So take that into account you are adding Horcoff, Souray, Moreau, Cole and Visnovsky.

They are still leading the way in the Hossa sweepstakes. With out Hossa they are top 2 in the division, top 5-6 in the west. With Hossa they are fighting for the conference lead. Who else in the west has improved?

Chicago - Youth matures a little, Huet and Campbell are serious upgrades.
Columbus - Torres, Commodore and working on a centre

Flames - Tanguay out Cammy in, wash in my opinion.
Minnesota - Lost Rolston and likely Demitra too. Brunette takes the sting away a little but the loss of both hurts
Colorado - huge loss in goal, Sakic undecided, Brunette gone, Tucker will replace half of Brunettes production
Canucks - outside the Sedins and Luongo there really isn't much going on

Edmonton - Adds Cole, Visnovsky, Brule and the potential UFA signing.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:20 AM
tripledekehockey

Send a message via ICQ to tripledekehockey Send a message via AIM to tripledekehockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levizk View Post
For someone calling out the ignorance of another person, you sure display a healthy dose of it yourself. We all know Hossa is the top free agent this year for a good reason, why the need to make yourself look foolish with the comment about a Pittsburgh market that has had some of the best TV ratings in the United States markets and a waiting list for tickets?
not only that, we have had close to 70+ straight sellouts, average over 11,000 people in the arena during away stanley cup games and over 5000+ people outside the arena during home games, in the rain, to watch the game on the big screen. the most merchanding sales in the nhl.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan37 View Post
Pure speculation here, but I think the reason that Hossa is taking so long is that before July 1 he had a pretty good idea of where he wanted to go (no tampering or anything sic). Then, he gets this mega-offer from the Oilers and that's what he's mulling over because the Oilers money is for more money. Because of the magnitude of the offer he's taking time to consider what was originally not the first option in his mind. It'll be interesting to see how this all concludes.
I think you're giving Rich Winter too much credit. Bob Stauffer has sources close to Winter(he actually has him on the show all the time) and he said the Hossa camp thinks things went very well. You don't have a face to face meeting at 11pm if you're not serious.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:21 AM
mmmjays

plus, edmonton is a better team than atlanta man. More support for him, and waaaaay better centermans.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:21 AM
redsox18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mich View Post

Pfft, have you been to Edmonton, I just love the ignorance of americans. No wonder the rest of the world hates you.

By the way, Ive been to Pittsburgh and let me tell you it ain't nothing to write home about.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:23 AM
sabresfan129103

without reading back through pages of this thread can someone tell me how much money the oilers are reportedly offering hossa.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:24 AM
mich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I know that was supposed to be a shot at the city and the club but it's not because it's true and everyone knows it. A 7 million dollar player on an American team in a 9M player in Edmonton. Thats just the way it is. I don't know why so many people are so bent out of shape about the Oilers offer.
I didn't mean to take a shot at the city/club, like you said it's just a fact. Sometimes the situation dictates you have to overpay a bit to get people to come, and Edmonton's in that kind of spot.

If Hoss walks, it'll be for cash. And at the financial difference, who can blame him? He's adjusted his stance to "I want to play for a cup contender" to "I want to play for a team that can be a cup contender sometime in the duration of my contract." At this point, if he goes to Edmonton I'm content with the Pens signing Jagr and Naslund instead.

Old
07-02-2008, 11:24 AM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
without reading back through pages of this thread can someone tell me how much money the oilers are reportedly offering hossa.
At least 9M. There were reports that they were even going a high as 10.5M but those rumors have kind of died. It's believed to be between 6-8 years.

Closed Thread