HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blackhawks moves.

Old
07-01-2008, 12:04 PM
Hawksfan2828

vCash: 500
Blackhawks moves.

I think the Hawks are trying to sign Bertuzzi, Hossa and Campbell. I think the Hawks could get all three but $$$ is the issue. I know the Hawks arent a wasteland for over paid has beens anymore like in the past and the Hawks are a desirable team the FA period for players. With that said I see the Hawks moving Khabby and bringing in Emery on a 3 year standard deal to split time with Crawford while freeing up some wiggle room for the three.

Now I'm sure the Hawks are offering Hossa and Campbell contracts that will way over pay them but Tallon really wants to have sellouts every home game this season and get the Hawks back to what they used to be and those signings would do it and he knows it.

IMO, I think the Hawks could get Bertuzzi at a bargan price. Bertuzzi is the type of guy the Hawks like. They took Beach in the draft? I see Bertuzzi being signed today or tomarrow by the Hawks.

I'm good no?

Last edited by Hawksfan2828: 07-01-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Hawksfan2828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 12:05 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
IMO, I think the Hawks could get Bertuzzi at a bargan price. Bertuzzi is the type of guy the Hawks like. They took Beach in the draft? I see Bertuzzi being signed today or tomarrow by the Hawks.
The Hawks like floaters who pass on wide open shots?

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Taser19

No way they get Bertuzzi, I really hope they land Campbell. About Hossa, if they don't overpay, that's bonus to me.

Taser19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Taser19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksRule00 View Post
So you did enjoy his work last year. He's done to me, even at 2 million per year.

Old
07-01-2008, 12:07 PM
hockey_nut

they don't have the cap space to sign all those guys... let along BOTH hossa and campbell

hockey_nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Taser19

What we need is CAMPBELL!

Old
07-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Pukboy5kroner

I doubt they go after Bert, after finally getting rid of Lapointe last year

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut View Post
they don't have the cap space to sign all those guys... let along BOTH hossa and campbell
agreed. Take your pick. The hawks will be selling tickets with Kane and Toews. They dont need hossa/campbell/bert. Let alone Hossa receiving offers of 5-9 years in contracts. No way Chi town can compete. They have to save room to sign kane and toews to big extensions in a couple of years.

Campbell is the only possibility. Balanced attack.

Selanne00008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut View Post
Thats why I think Tallon is shopping Khabby. They move Khabby they have the space for all 3 and have a couple extra Mill on the side if they need something later.

The Hawks are bringing in Bert or Huselius either way. There is no doubt in my mind that Hossa or Campbell will sign with the Hawks.

Old
07-01-2008, 12:25 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Thats why I think Tallon is shopping Khabby. They move Khabby they have the space for all 3 and have a couple extra Mill on the side if they need something later.

The Hawks are bringing in Bert or Huselius either way. There is no doubt in my mind that Hossa or Campbell will sign with the Hawks.
Mike Milbury, is that you?

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne00008 View Post
agreed. Take your pick. The hawks will be selling tickets with Kane and Toews. They dont need hossa/campbell/bert. Let alone Hossa receiving offers of 5-9 years in contracts. No way Chi town can compete. They have to save room to sign kane and toews to big extensions in a couple of years.

Campbell is the only possibility. Balanced attack.
Havlat and Khabbys contracts are up after this season, thats like 15 mill in cap space. I think the Hawks will make an attempt to try to re-sign Havlat at 4-5 million a season if he can play 50-60 games.

Tallon has an open wallet and a desirable team. I'm sure alot of FA's and there agents have open ears.

Old
07-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
Havlat and Khabbys contracts are up after this season, thats like 15 mill in cap space. I think the Hawks will make an attempt to try to re-sign Havlat at 4-5 million a season if he can play 50-60 games.

Tallon has an open wallet and a desirable team. I'm sure alot of FA's and there agents have open ears.
This is true. I just see players like campbell/Hossa taking the long term offers, such as Briere, Ovie, Crosby. And I am not certain CHI wants to lock up so much money (maybe 6 mill for campbell, and 9 for hossa), when it 2-3 years and the way kane/toews are playing and the way caps are moving, they will have to throw that tandem 8 mill + each.

I think if they do offer Campbell/Hossa deals they can't offer much more than 5 years... and many other teams will be offereing campbell and hossa 6+ year deals. And they will take the long term deal hands down

Old
07-01-2008, 01:15 PM
vitogor

Wild beat writer is reporting in his blog that "Chicago is hot after Campbell", but you all probably already knew that. He is very reliable by the way.

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 01:29 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
This is true. I just see players like campbell/Hossa taking the long term offers, such as Briere, Ovie, Crosby. And I am not certain CHI wants to lock up so much money (maybe 6 mill for campbell, and 9 for hossa), when it 2-3 years and the way kane/toews are playing and the way caps are moving, they will have to throw that tandem 8 mill + each.

I think if they do offer Campbell/Hossa deals they can't offer much more than 5 years... and many other teams will be offereing campbell and hossa 6+ year deals. And they will take the long term deal hands down
I think there is a better chance that the Hawks land Hossa then the Pens, look at what they have going on. Malkin trade talks and Hossa resigning rumors? I would rather have Malkin then Hossa you know lol.

The Hawks will be just as good as the Pens in a couple of seasons, so I dont see why Hossa wouldnt want to sign with the Hawks and the Hawks can afford to give him a long term contract. If it doesnt work out they can always but him out and the same goes with Campbell. Hell, they could put him on waivers and even then either or could be claimed. As far as Toews and Kane, the both will be given 15 year contracts when the time is right. They are HUGE around here in Chicago and Tallon is not going to make a "Roenick mistake" like Pulford did. They understand now in Chicago that it takes money to make money.

Old
07-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Selanne00008

Quote:
I think there is a better chance that the Hawks land Hossa then the Pens, look at what they have going on. Malkin trade talks and Hossa resigning rumors? I would rather have Malkin then Hossa you know lol.

The Hawks will be just as good as the Pens in a couple of seasons, so I dont see why Hossa wouldnt want to sign with the Hawks and the Hawks can afford to give him a long term contract. If it doesnt work out they can always but him out and the same goes with Campbell. Hell, they could put him on waivers and even then either or could be claimed. As far as Toews and Kane, the both will be given 15 year contracts when the time is right. They are HUGE around here in Chicago and Tallon is not going to make a "Roenick mistake" like Pulford did. They understand now in Chicago that it takes money to make money.
Yeah. Hossa is out with the Pens. As of now they are looking at Jagr maybe. I think it's most likely to see Hossa in Montreal/Edmonton.

I dont know about Mlakin trade talks? From a few days or a week ago? Eitherway that didn't last long. Looks like he is re-signing with pit.

If I were a hwak fan I'd like to see Campbell brought in as my first choice. Over Hossa anyways. You have Kane/Toews, Campbell on the point would be nice for the PP, especiallyu to mentor the young Defense. I have Sabres season tix and watched soupy man the point on the pp, which is his best attribute. I could see Campbell landing in Chicago.

Old
07-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Yeah. Hossa is out with the Pens. As of now they are looking at Jagr maybe. I think it's most likely to see Hossa in Montreal/Edmonton.

I dont know about Mlakin trade talks? From a few days or a week ago? Eitherway that didn't last long. Looks like he is re-signing with pit.

If I were a hwak fan I'd like to see Campbell brought in as my first choice. Over Hossa anyways. You have Kane/Toews, Campbell on the point would be nice for the PP, especiallyu to mentor the young Defense. I have Sabres season tix and watched soupy man the point on the pp, which is his best attribute. I could see Campbell landing in Chicago.
IDK, I think khabby is out the door to make some room and Emery is comming in.

If Tallon can pull that off then it gives the Hawks some wiggle room along with both signings.

Khabby is still a great goalie as well.. I dont know about 7 million great but hes pretty good.

IDK, I think players values went out of wack after the new CBA.

Guys like Campbell should be making 4-5 and guys like Malkin would be demanding 10+.... Maybe it all levels off in the end but its just unrealistic.

Old
07-01-2008, 02:04 PM
EddieTheEagle

I really hope you are wrong about A LOT of things in this thread. Make smart moves Chi-Town!

EddieTheEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
I think the Hawks are trying to sign Bertuzzi, Hossa and Campbell. I think the Hawks could get all three but $$$ is the issue. I know the Hawks arent a wasteland for over paid has beens anymore like in the past and the Hawks are a desirable team the FA period for players. With that said I see the Hawks moving Khabby and bringing in Emery on a 3 year standard deal to split time with Crawford while freeing up some wiggle room for the three.

Now I'm sure the Hawks are offering Hossa and Campbell contracts that will way over pay them but Tallon really wants to have sellouts every home game this season and get the Hawks back to what they used to be and those signings would do it and he knows it.

Emery to ruin our young goalie Crawford and to blow the hawks chances for playoffs!

Is that you Bob Pulford!

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 02:36 PM

I am hearing Huet to Chicago for 4 years @ ~$5M per, then Khabibulin traded to LA for a combinaison of later picks and farm heads, MAYBE Handzus.

Makes sense as LA might just want a one year stop gap for Bernier.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 02:38 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by #57 View Post
I am hearing Huet to Chicago for 4 years @ ~$5M per, then Khabibulin traded to LA for a combinaison of later picks and farm heads, MAYBE Handzus.

Makes sense as LA might just want a one year stop gap for Bernier.
I'm hearing $5.6 mil, not 5. He was going to get 5 from Washington, but changed the deal.

brs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 02:39 PM
mitchdisaster

well looks like we'll definitely be seeing Chicago in the playoffs this season.

mitchdisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
I dont understand the Huet signing!

Unless we are shipping out Khabby for something good

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 03:03 PM
Hawksfan2828

I'm dead on right about what the Hawks are doing, It's not Emery but Huet (better IMO).

Khabby is gone and Hossa or Campbell is coming to the Hawks in the next few days.

I bet we get nothing for Khabby, maybe a conditional pick but it opens up cap space.

Old
07-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucksRule00 View Post
they have lang don't they...

Cyborg Yzerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 03:08 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

Emery to ruin our young goalie Crawford and to blow the hawks chances for playoffs!

Is that you Bob Pulford!
No Huet... lol.

I have seen the dominos falling. Khabby is going to be traded to make room for both Campbell and Hossa.