HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers re-sign Rozsival for 4yr/20M

Old
07-01-2008, 08:56 PM
DontStepanMe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabevh3 View Post
streit gets 4.1 and hes better at offence than rozival so i dont get that 1..
what a mistake there
rosy is much much better defensively. this was a better signing. remember he played injured.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:01 PM
gabevh3

Send a message via AIM to gabevh3 Send a message via Yahoo to gabevh3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
rosy is much much better defensively. this was a better signing. remember he played injured.

hes really much better ? streit must rly suck then lol

gabevh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Fataldogg

Horrible deal I think. Roszival has had padded numbers from consistently playing behind Jaromir Jagr these past few years. A good number of his assists merely come from passing the puck off to Jagr on the PP or up the ice even strength. Streit is making $4.1 million from the Islanders and has statistically improved each of the last three years, had a career best 13g, 49a, 62pts last season with 7g 27a coming on the PP. Granted, the Canadians have a great PP BUT he was one of the big contributors to it. Here is a defense man who posted 34 points on the PP. This is what we needed, a PP catalyst, and we let him get picked up at a good price with the Isles. Roszival isn't exactly our PP catalyst. Redden and Streit would have been great pick ups. Roszival is a SECOND PAIR defense man, why are we paying him $5 million? I would have gladly accepted him on this team for the right price, perhaps $3.5 million, but I think $5 million is just a little high.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:11 PM
gabevh3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Horrible deal I think. Roszival has had padded numbers from consistently playing behind Jaromir Jagr these past few years. A good number of his assists merely come from passing the puck off to Jagr on the PP or up the ice even strength. Streit is making $4.1 million from the Islanders and has statistically improved each of the last three years, had a career best 13g, 49a, 62pts last season with 7g 27a coming on the PP. Granted, the Canadians have a great PP BUT he was one of the big contributors to it. Here is a defense man who posted 34 points on the PP. This is what we needed, a PP catalyst, and we let him get picked up at a good price with the Isles. Roszival isn't exactly our PP catalyst. Redden and Streit would have been great pick ups. Roszival is a SECOND PAIR defense man, why are we paying him $5 million? I would have gladly accepted him on this team for the right price, perhaps $3.5 million, but I think $5 million is just a little high.

so we trade rozy for streit and sign orpik ? haa
what about bouwmeester isnt he available ?

Old
07-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Fataldogg

That deal doesn't sound too bad ha ha. I like Roszival a lot, just not for $5 million. I was hoping to resign him between $3 and $4 million.

Old
07-01-2008, 09:16 PM
MountVancouver'94

All I will say about Rozy is this...

I agree with all the expressed downsides of Rozy. And quite frankly if he we didnt bring him back, I wouldn't regret it. But! He loves playing here, he loves NY, and never wanted to be anywhere else. He is genuinely excited to be back in NY. So at the very least I give him that.

Plus, this team was close to the next step after the past two years...I don't think overhauling the roster is a good thing in the right direction. We need to bring some people back.

MountVancouver'94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:16 PM
Forever Blue

Quote:
streit must rly suck then lol
Defensively, he's pretty brutal.

Forever Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:30 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
I love it Rosy's #'s are padded from playing w/ Jagr... but yet Prucha's arent and he is a true 30 goal scorer...

streit is AWFUL defensively... that is why he played wing some games...

Rosy's problem is that he always deffered to Jagr... he actually has a really good and really accurate shot... if we don't get back Jagr expect him to put up some decent #'s on the PP... he will surprise alot of people playing on the PP this year.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:42 PM
Cherepanisimov

sign and trade

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:49 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
sign and trade
ahhh...to dream

07-01-2008, 09:53 PM
gabevh3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountVancouver'94 View Post
All I will say about Rozy is this...

I agree with all the expressed downsides of Rozy. And quite frankly if he we didnt bring him back, I wouldn't regret it. But! He loves playing here, he loves NY, and never wanted to be anywhere else. He is genuinely excited to be back in NY. So at the very least I give him that.

Plus, this team was close to the next step after the past two years...I don't think overhauling the roster is a good thing in the right direction. We need to bring some people back.
if he loves playing here and all that then he shouldve taken a discount .. something like 4x4 and then use the 1 million extra to sign some1 else

Old
07-01-2008, 10:57 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
I am still so irked at this signing. Just terrible. Sather does not know how to get bang for his buck. Why resign a guy you know is mediocre at best defensively and who downright REFUSES to shoot from the point for 5 million a year. That's money we could have given someone else who proves to be more useful to the Rangers. Perhaps a scorer, perhaps Jagr, perhaps some of that could have gone to Sean Avery, whose presence and its correlation to wins does not lie for this team. I mean common man... Ughhhhhhhhhh. And then you have a really good young player like Orpik who after signing Redden is exactly what we need... A stay at home D-man who can clear the crease and destroy people. Who you can't sign now if you want to add some offense to this f-ing team. I would have rather overpaid him than this bum who is completely useless as an offensive d-man and mediocre defensively, not to mention he easily gets pushed around. Oh and he's managed to put goals in his own net in more than one occasion. Damn you Sather. He must have pictures of you in an embarrassing situation or something for you to waste capspace like this.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
I love it Rosy's #'s are padded from playing w/ Jagr... but yet Prucha's arent and he is a true 30 goal scorer...
When did I ever say or imply that? Of course Prucha's numbers were padded because half of his goals in 05-06 and 06-07 came from Jagr feeds on the PP.

Old
07-01-2008, 11:16 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Redden - Staal
Rozsival - Tyutin
Girardi - Whomever

Doesn't sound bad to me. Although I think Tyutin - Girardi will stay together.

Rozsival will be a great second pairing player.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:33 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
I am still so irked at this signing. Just terrible. Sather does not know how to get bang for his buck. Why resign a guy you know is mediocre at best defensively and who downright REFUSES to shoot from the point for 5 million a year. That's money we could have given someone else who proves to be more useful to the Rangers. Perhaps a scorer, perhaps Jagr, perhaps some of that could have gone to Sean Avery, whose presence and its correlation to wins does not lie for this team. I mean common man... Ughhhhhhhhhh. And then you have a really good young player like Orpik who after signing Redden is exactly what we need... A stay at home D-man who can clear the crease and destroy people. Who you can't sign now if you want to add some offense to this f-ing team. I would have rather overpaid him than this bum who is completely useless as an offensive d-man and mediocre defensively, not to mention he easily gets pushed around. Oh and he's managed to put goals in his own net in more than one occasion. Damn you Sather. He must have pictures of you in an embarrassing situation or something for you to waste capspace like this.
rozsival is by far the better all-around defenseman than orpik............if you dont think so you havent seen orpik play.......orpik is very physical and does clear the crease, that i do agree with, however if the rangers last season were to go to the pens and ask them to trade orpik for rozsival the pens wouldve pulled the trigger in a second.............also, orpik is 28 i believe and rozsival is 29....not a big difference

now, dont get me wrong, i would love orpik on this team, and i think it is still possible that that may happen, however rozsival is the better player....he puts up points and plays a safer style, plus he works well in the system

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:34 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Redden - Staal
Rozsival - Tyutin
Girardi - Whomever

Doesn't sound bad to me. Although I think Tyutin - Girardi will stay together.

Rozsival will be a great second pairing player.
this i agree with....throw potter in there

redden-staal
girardi-rozsival
tyutin-potter

Old
07-01-2008, 11:35 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
if he loves playing here and all that then he shouldve taken a discount .. something like 4x4 and then use the 1 million extra to sign some1 else
I think 5 mill per year is less than he could've gotten elsewhere. So, that's basically a discount. Jeff fing Finger got like 3.5??

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:37 PM
NYR Viper

yea, i would imagine rozsival was being offerred more from other places and told sather yet wanted to stay in NY.....i like this deal A LOT.....i have said it before...he is on par with hamrlik and he got 5 million LAST SEASON when there was more depth on the market for defenseman

Old
07-01-2008, 11:39 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982 View Post
I think 5 mill per year is less than he could've gotten elsewhere. So, that's basically a discount. Jeff fing Finger got like 3.5??
I'm not in love with the Rozsival signing, but for a guy that knows the system and is a good 2nd pairing d-man, I won't lose sleep over it. Jeff friggin' Finger got 3.5 mill as you mentioned for crying out loud, so getting Rozsival for $5 mill/year looks like the steal of the decade.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:42 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I don't have a problem with this. I'd take Rozsival over Streit (who I think is a one-year wonder) any day of the week. We've seen that Rozsival is a capable defenseman here and I don't have a problem with sticking with what you know.

Plus now he doesn't need to be relied upon to provide all the offense on the blue line with Redden here, so that takes some pressure off him. Good move.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:52 PM
funky

not a Rosie fan, to much for a player of his skillset. I actually like the Redden signing better and it was about 2 years to long and 1.5 mil to high. Bad day for the Rangers, maybe tomorrow will look better.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:59 PM
gabevh3

on that note..

i hope we hear what rozy was offered from other teams .. if only that could happen with all players

Old
07-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky View Post
not a Rosie fan, to much for a player of his skillset. I actually like the Redden signing better and it was about 2 years to long and 1.5 mil to high. Bad day for the Rangers, maybe tomorrow will look better.
Don't think it was a bad day at all.

Anytime you improve your defense by adding (or bring back in Rozys case) two very good two-way d-men that bring 80+ points to the table, you're in good shape.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 12:14 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Don't think it was a bad day at all.

Anytime you improve your defense by adding (or bring back in Rozys case) two very good two-way d-men that bring 80+ points to the table, you're in good shape.
agreed, although if they both stay healthy, we are talking about 90+ points....redden IMO can put up over 50 and rozsival 40

Old
07-02-2008, 03:02 AM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
agreed, although if they both stay healthy, we are talking about 90+ points....redden IMO can put up over 50 and rozsival 40
I don't think it's necessarily the sum of the parts there.

If Redden is netting 50 points, it means he is playing on the top line which means Rozy gets knocked down and probably doesn't score at the level he has been.

$5-million is a lot for a defenseman like Rozy, but that's the way market is. Fact of the matter is that there were going to be more than a few teams out there willing to spend that money.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote