HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brule vs Schremp: who sticks in the NHL?

View Poll Results: Who plays more games next year for the Oilers?
Schremp 32 24.62%
Brule 48 36.92%
They both play about the same; a significant amount too 10 7.69%
They both play about the same; an insignificant amount though 40 30.77%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
neither sticks.
yay.
Brule vs Schremp: Who gets the top bunk in the AHL?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
Are you an Oiler fan?
You should know - you've certainly trolled enough of them today.

Psycho Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:22 PM
BR217

Brule is my favorite player so I'd love to see him do well in Edmonton...but watch out cuz he put together a great training camp and just didn't get it together during the season.

BR217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:13 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Say what you want about Brule's development in the Columbus system, but he has done nothing to warrant a spot in the NHL to this point. There's a reason he was unloaded for Torres, and it isn't because Torres is a great find. That being said, I would agree that his "game" (as it is) is better suited for the Oilers' 4th line, but that isn't saying a whole lot of positives about him since he was drafted as an elite offensive player. Schremp appears to be doing all the right things, but he'd be useless on a traditional 4th line. I'd say both are in the AHL to start the year, unless Schremp wows the Oilers' brass and forces his way into the top nine.

Rabid Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:03 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Ed 16 View Post
You should know - you've certainly trolled enough of them today.
I never trolled anyone, just called them out. There's no law against the statement of fact.

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:17 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Say what you want about Brule's development in the Columbus system, but he has done nothing to warrant a spot in the NHL to this point. There's a reason he was unloaded for Torres, and it isn't because Torres is a great find. That being said, I would agree that his "game" (as it is) is better suited for the Oilers' 4th line, but that isn't saying a whole lot of positives about him since he was drafted as an elite offensive player. Schremp appears to be doing all the right things, but he'd be useless on a traditional 4th line. I'd say both are in the AHL to start the year, unless Schremp wows the Oilers' brass and forces his way into the top nine.
At this rate, the Oilers will likely roll with 3 scoring lines. So the real question is, who is better for the 2nd or 3rd scoring line??? Brule or Schremp???

The checking line will likely be Moreau-Brodziak-Pisani

07-02-2008, 02:36 AM
Asiaoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
At this rate, the Oilers will likely roll with 3 scoring lines. So the real question is, who is better for the 2nd or 3rd scoring line??? Brule or Schremp???

The checking line will likely be Moreau-Brodziak-Pisani
I think MAP is more ready for that gig than Broz is BBO. Kyle did well last year but his GF/GA was on the wrong side of the ledger last season and he pretty much only played against chumps. Not surprising for a 1st year player but and needs more time and seasoning on the 4th line. MAP on the other hand - aside from that awful first few games to start the season where they played him on the wing (bad idea) - did better against tougher competition and has a more developed two way game. Plus he's bigger. As long as the kid comes to camp in shape (big if I admit) then he's the best option other than bringing in Peca for one year.

As for Brule......a season in Springfield getting his head and game together is just what he needs. He was badly mishandled in Columbus.

Asiaoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:53 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaoil View Post
I think MAP is more ready for that gig than Broz is BBO. Kyle did well last year but his GF/GA was on the wrong side of the ledger last season and he pretty much only played against chumps. Not surprising for a 1st year player but and needs more time and seasoning on the 4th line. MAP on the other hand - aside from that awful first few games to start the season where they played him on the wing (bad idea) - did better against tougher competition and has a more developed two way game. Plus he's bigger. As long as the kid comes to camp in shape (big if I admit) then he's the best option other than bringing in Peca for one year.

As for Brule......a season in Springfield getting his head and game together is just what he needs. He was badly mishandled in Columbus.
I'm not so sure about that AO, but both have the potential to fill that role. I like Pouliot on a line with Nilsson and Schremp because he played a fair bit with Schremp last year, and Schremp played roughly 20 games wih Nilsson 2 seasons ago. That'd be a solid line. Either way, IMO our 3rd scoring line would be pretty solid.

As for Brule, I couldn't agree more. We need to do what Columbus should've done LAST year and send him down for a good chunk of the season to get his offensive game going.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 03:09 AM
voxel

Here's hoping Schremp breaks through and dominates at TC.

The reality is I don't see either getting much NHL time during the next season.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 03:26 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 1000
Brule will be the number 3 center this year for the Edmonton oilers

Scrhemp will be on the farm

MAP in Europe

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:27 AM
Ogopogo*

Both have great junior level talent but what they have doesn't translate to the NHL. Reminds me of names like: Jock Callander; Pat Falloon; Len Barrie; Brian Sakic etc.

Ogopogo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaoil View Post
I think MAP is more ready for that gig than Broz is BBO. Kyle did well last year but his GF/GA was on the wrong side of the ledger last season and he pretty much only played against chumps.
Kyle had a pretty solid 80 nhl games last season compared to MAP's 24 (and 55 in the ahl at -11).

If you're going to discount a few bad games MAP had at the start of the year and give him credit for a good season then you're left with a pretty small sample size. Kyle had a full 24 game stretch to end the season where he was +5 with 15 points.

I think MAP made some good strides at the end of last season and it'll be nice to see what he can do after a healthy season and off-season but I don't think he's caught up to KBro yet. He's still just proving he deserves to be an nhl starter imo.

Old
07-02-2008, 10:16 AM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Agree totally and re:Schremp I think he will if given the chance. His style doesn't really jive with MacT though so I wouldn't count on him getting a chance.

Old
07-02-2008, 10:27 AM
QScout

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Brule will be the number 3 center this year for the Edmonton oilers

Scrhemp will be on the farm

MAP in Europe
Nice joke here. And Brulé with the Basingstoke Bisons ?

QScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Agent Zero

Let both of them start in the AHL.

I woud like to see a line up of

Jacque-Brule-Schremp

or

Elerbe-Brule-Schremp

Agent Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:23 AM
Bryanbryoil
Paying Off A Bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
Let both of them start in the AHL.

I woud like to see a line up of

Jacque-Brule-Schremp

or

Elerbe-Brule-Schremp
Eberle is not AHL eligeabe.

So if both start in the AHL, who fills out the top 12??? Stortini??? Reasoner??? It's time for Brodziak and Pouliot to grow as players, having Reasoner around stunts that growth. As for Stortini??? If he wants $1 million, I'd let him rot and play a number of different guys on the farm ahead of him for between $200,000 and $550,000 less than him.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 12:17 PM
tru_gq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
How about this...

Penner-Horcoff-Hemsky--#1 Scoring
Cole-Gagner-Cogliano--#2 Scoring
Schremp-Pouliot-Nilsson--#3 scoring with butter soft minutes, re-unite the 2 Robbies. MAP played with Schremp in the AHL right? I'm pretty sure they had good chemistry as well.
Moreau-Brodziak-Pisani--Shutown line
PB: Brule/Reasoner-Stortini
Awesome!! love this

tru_gq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Eirhead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin View Post
How about this...

Penner-Horcoff-Hemsky--#1 Scoring
Cole-Gagner-Cogliano--#2 Scoring
Schremp-Brule-Nilsson--#3 scoring with butter soft minutes, re-unite the 2 Robbies. MAP played with Schremp in the AHL right? I'm pretty sure they had good chemistry as well.
Moreau-Brodziak-Pisani--Shutown line
PB: Pouliot/Reasoner-Stortini
From what I've heard of Brule and from what I've seen of Pouliot, this would make more sense.

Eirhead* is offline   Reply With Quote