HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dal/Philly proposal

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2004, 08:23 PM
lace-em'-up

vCash: 500
Dal/Philly proposal

dallas needs a scoring winger Philly needs a center.

to philly: Arnott
to dallas: Gangne

there should be some filler players picks too

dallas despertly needs scoring and arnott is just about the only person dallas could trade on the roster. he's been solid this year but its not like he's going to be hard to replace. this move would also give turgeon more ice time, and he's shown that he can play if he has ice time(not saying that he would be anywere near what he used to be, just a tad more effective).
i have heard that gagne is not playing well under hitch and is tradeable.

how likly would it be to get gagne and maybe a big defensman for Arnott and a package of prospects and picks

Old
02-17-2004, 08:25 PM
albathegreat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lace-em'-up

dallas despertly needs scoring and arnott is just about the only person dallas could trade on the roster. he's been solid this year but its not like he's going to be hard to replace. this move would also give turgeon more ice time, and he's shown that he can play if he has ice time(not saying that he would be anywere near what he used to be, just a tad more effective).

how likly would it be to get gagne and maybe a big defensman for Arnott and a package of prospects and picks
Interesting, seems fair, but what do I know? I think they are looking to deal Arnott, they were close to dealing him to Boston for Brian Rolston. Philly will wait to see whats happening to JR before they probably do anything.

Old
02-17-2004, 08:26 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:

No chance.

The Flyers weakest position in terms of depth is wing.
The Flyers deepest position (when healthy) is center.

Gagne is playing quite well, Hitch considers him to be the teams best defensive winger, and seems to have regained his scoring touch since moved off the checking line, and has goals in 5 of his last 6 games.

Not to mention that Arnott is older and more expensive.

Also Flyers aren't making any deal for the future including us getting prospects and picks, the team in trying to win NOW.

Old
02-17-2004, 08:27 PM
lace-em'-up

whats gagne contract look like?

can they win now without JR?

Old
02-17-2004, 08:30 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
whats gagne contract look like?

can they win now without JR?
Gagne is an RFA at seasons end I believe.

JR's status has not yet been determined, his jaw will be healthy for the playoffs, if his head is fine, then JR will be able to play.

Old
02-17-2004, 08:31 PM
lace-em'-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
Gagne is an RFA at seasons end I believe.

JR's status has not yet been determined, his jaw will be healthy for the playoffs, if his head is fine, then JR will be able to play.
but is there team strong enough to win without JR?

Old
02-17-2004, 08:33 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
If they determine that JR will not be available to play come playoff time, a trade will be made to aqurie a center.

Old
02-17-2004, 08:34 PM
lace-em'-up

Quote:
If they determine that JR will not be available to play come playoff time, a trade will be made to aqurie a center.
what type of center would philly want? would lang be better suited for philly than say arnott

Old
02-17-2004, 08:37 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
what type of center would philly want? would lang be better suited for philly than say arnott
Preferably one whose contract expires at seasons end (ala Zhamnov).

I like Lang the best as a player of the players mentioned, but his contract is not good.

Old
02-17-2004, 08:39 PM
lace-em'-up

Quote:
Preferably one whose contract expires at seasons end (ala Zhamnov).

I like Lang the best as a player of the players mentioned, but his contract is not good.
so if JR is out for the year, than the cheaper center the better? or at least a soon to FA, style of play would hold little in philly's decision for another center

Old
02-17-2004, 08:41 PM
blah

Quote:
We don't know yet. Primeau is also injured. Once he gets back they should be able to determine if they need another center. They've played like **** against SJ and TB that we know.

Old
02-17-2004, 08:41 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
so if JR is out for the year, than the cheaper center the better? or at least a soon to FA, style of play would hold little in philly's decision for another center
No not necessarily cheaper. Many things come into play when deciding which center to trade for:

1. Ability
2. Cost (players, prospects, draft picks etc)
3. Contract, length, $$$$$$

If JR is lost the Flyers would be looking for a center that can put points on the board, and one that is a good skater, as opposed to a bigger lumbering center.

Old
02-17-2004, 09:32 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Quote:
If JR decides to retire (which he won't) Zhamnov would probably have to get re-signed if he was to be gotten, but I don't think he will.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
02-17-2004, 10:34 PM
not quite yoda

If there is one certainty in life, if history has taught us anything, it is that the flyers always act quickly.

-Ds went down, so they trade a young winger (williams) for a D (markov).

-Ds get healthy so they dump a D (weinrich).

-G gets ill; They have a glut at C. They trade a C (comrie) for a G (burke) and young wingers (eager and how ever you spell his name).

Now a pair of centres are injured. Flyers fans are considering trading their to YOUNG winger. This is crazy. How bout the Flyers just chill this one time and let the storm blow by? Primeau is supposed to be back soon. One of the reasons Comrie was expendable was that they feel Sharp will soon be as good as him. I say play the kid. Chances are Roenick will be back for the playoffs. It's not like Philly will miss the playoffs anyways. Arnott would be a short term fix; when 97 and 25 come back they would have the same problem they started with when Comrie was around. Plus that trade would create a gap on the wing. Gagne's best years are still ahead of him, Arnott is middle aged, expensive and going to be a UFA sooner rather than later.

Conclusion: Keep Gagne, play Sharp.

Old
02-17-2004, 11:38 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 965
Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Flyers fans are considering trading their to YOUNG winger. This is crazy. How bout the Flyers just chill this one time and let the storm blow by?

Really, I seem to recall the same sentiments after the Burke trade after Niittymaki won 2 games in a row, and then beat New Jersey and hasn't played since.

Old
02-17-2004, 11:46 PM
not quite yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Really, I seem to recall the same sentiments after the Burke trade after Niittymaki won 2 games in a row, and then beat New Jersey and hasn't played since.
I apologize but I don't understand what you're saying. My point is that they DIDN'T let the storm go by and quickly acquired Burke. Esche is good, Niittymaki was doing a-ok... I say NOW (regarding 97 and 25 being down) just play the youth and the reserves and things will work out in the end.

Old
02-18-2004, 12:41 AM
blah

Quote:
If there is one certainty in life, if history has taught us anything, it is that the flyers always act quickly.
Good, I'm glad. If there's a problem they attempt to fix it.
Quote:
-Ds went down, so they trade a young winger (williams) for a D (markov).
They needed another dman anyway. Markov has been quite an addition. Williams wasn't scoring at the time and Sharp was ready to come up.
Quote:
-Ds get healthy so they dump a D (weinrich).
Timander played him [and Therien once Rico get's back] out of a spot. Weinrich was owed about 1 mil for the rest of this season and would've been the 7th dman. Weinrich's play was also far from respectable for most of the season. They sent him to a team that would play him out of respect and to dump salary of course.
Quote:
-G gets ill; They have a glut at C. They trade a C (comrie) for a G (burke) and young wingers (eager and how ever you spell his name).
The Flyers are gearing up for a playoff run. This was Esche's 2nd signifigant injury of the season. Once Hackett was done a move had to be made.

Radivojevic also increases the Flyers' depth on the wing. Which was somewhat of a weakness in the system after Williams was dealt.
Quote:
Now a pair of centres are injured. Flyers fans are considering trading their to YOUNG winger. This is crazy. How bout the Flyers just chill this one time and let the storm blow by? Primeau is supposed to be back soon. One of the reasons Comrie was expendable was that they feel Sharp will soon be as good as him. I say play the kid. Chances are Roenick will be back for the playoffs. It's not like Philly will miss the playoffs anyways. Arnott would be a short term fix; when 97 and 25 come back they would have the same problem they started with when Comrie was around. Plus that trade would create a gap on the wing. Gagne's best years are still ahead of him, Arnott is middle aged, expensive and going to be a UFA sooner rather than later.
I wouldn't trade Gagne now or in the short-term future. It's also not just 2 centers. JR and Primeau are irreplaceable to this Flyers team. JR is expected to come back 10-15 pounds lighter which has to be a concern. Primeau will be back like you said and that's when they'll determine if they need another center.

I don't think Sharp has Comrie-like potential. He'll be a great 3rd line center though.

No interest in Arnott, Fedorov, or Lang. I don't know who'll they'll get if they do get another center, but I can't see it being a 1st line C.

Old
02-18-2004, 12:47 AM
Toonces
The beer kitty

You just can't replace a guy like JR through a trade without gutting the team. If we trade for anybody (now, or at the deadline)it'll be a rental. Unless Roenick is having PCS symptoms by the trading deadline I imagine Clarke will stand pat.

Gotta keep Gagne.

Old
02-18-2004, 12:51 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

No from a Stars POV simply because Arnott is more important than you think. As please tell me who's gonna replace Modano and Turgeon in 2/3 seasons? Arnott is a perfect temporarely replacement. Also, we lack size and Arnott is our biggest forward. If we want to improve our team, then don't trade roster players.

Old
02-18-2004, 07:33 AM
Dropkick Alex

Quote:

Seems fair now but the age is different. If this trade would go down Philly better get a pick as well. If I was Philly I wouldn't take it.

Closed Thread