HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Thank You Michael Ryder thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2008, 09:49 PM
  #1
pine
Registered User
 
pine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 50
The Thank You Michael Ryder thread

thanks for eating up 4 million of the Bruins cap for the next 3 seasons!

pine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:54 PM
  #2
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,607
vCash: 1000
Thanks for launching paper planes while in the playoffs and making Bob's job easier.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:56 PM
  #3
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Thanks for launching paper planes while in the playoffs and making Bob's job easier.
That wasn't Ryder.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:56 PM
  #4
Maximus Taylor
 
Maximus Taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
thanks for the 30 goals seasons.

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:57 PM
  #5
Maximus Taylor
 
Maximus Taylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 1,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem Anderson View Post
That wasn't Ryder.
yes it was.

Maximus Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:57 PM
  #6
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,102
vCash: 500
Well....that's 3 key players from the 5-0 comeback gone.

I loved the old Ryder.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:58 PM
  #7
yukoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,088
vCash: 500
The guy was clutch, and led the team in Game winning goals 2 years in a row.

I wish he'd shown more drive near the end, but he was a great player for us and I for one am grateful for his contributions over the years...

But now he's a bruin...muahahaha!

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:58 PM
  #8
AHF
Registered User
 
AHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,509
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to AHF
Guys, please, let's keep it classy and civil. Both here and on the Bruins board. I'm no moderator, but some people are acting like idiots tonight following the Ryder signing.

AHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 09:59 PM
  #9
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK View Post
thanks for eating up 4 million of the Bruins cap for the next 3 seasons!







thanks for service Ryder and wish ya all the best in beantown .

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:00 PM
  #10
C-Saku Koivu MTL
Registered User
 
C-Saku Koivu MTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem Anderson View Post
That wasn't Ryder.
Your right, Ryder was the one talking over his cell phone with friends and laughing out loud while we were losing the game...

Seriously, I never was a big fan of his but did'nt hate him per say either. I wish we could have been in a position to use him as a asset in a trade to land a better defenceman or soemthing like this a few years ago but we weren't in a position ot trade a goal scorer back then.

I won't wish him any type of luck considering the team he is going too but.....well thats pretty much it.

Bye bye Mike.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:02 PM
  #11
Ross MacLochness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 6,774
vCash: 500
Thanks for putting your head down and stickhandling into traffic all those times.

But honestly, I loved Ryder in his rookie year. His game was so much more simplified. Maybe it's because he played more on the left side? I dunno, he would just walk into the top of the slot and snipe.

But then everybody started telling him how good he was, either that or he was watching too much of Kovalev and thought he could play the same way. Because after the lockout he became a complete moron with the puck.

Anyway, I loved his effort in the final game against the Leafs 2 years ago, he really busted his ass that game. And for scoring the OT winner against Carolina in game 2, I don't think I've ever screamed so loud in my life. My favourite Ryder moment.

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:02 PM
  #12
White Spy
Spy vs Blades
 
White Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 917
vCash: 500
Wish you would have waken up and smelt the coffee. You have the talent to put the puck in the net and your young. You don't deserve the money you got in your UFA yr...you should have worked you tail off to make that cash...thanks for the airplanes

White Spy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:04 PM
  #13
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,607
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem Anderson View Post
That wasn't Ryder.
"After having spent Monday evening attached to his cell phone chatting with friends while his team was losing a few hundred feet from his eyes, Ryder amused himself during Wednesday's game by throwing paper airplanes.

Thrown out of the press box, the projectiles fell slowly but surely towards the highly-charged Flyers fans."

http://blogs.phillynews.com/dailynew...ojectiles.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Après avoir passé la soirée de lundi accroché à son cellulaire en train de rigoler avec des amis pendant que son équipe se faisait battre à quelques centaines de pieds sous ses yeux, Ryder s'est amusé à faire voler des avions de papier au cours du match de mercredi.

Lancés de la galerie de presse, les projectiles plongeaient lentement mais sûrement vers les partisans survoltés des Flyers. "

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...128/CPSPORTS01

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:04 PM
  #14
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Thanks to a classy guy who never gave up on himself or his team. Players like Dandenault and Samsonov complained in the papers to the media about icetime and benching, even demandinig trades or pushing the issue. You never did.

This guy played his heart out for the Habs, and the a-holes at the begining of this thread are the typical bashers, but will be the first to cry and complain next year when Ryder is getting goal after goal and Kovalev turns out to be the Kovalev of 2 seasons ago.

Thanks Ryder, best of luck and thanks for your service in Montreal!

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:05 PM
  #15
Kirk Muller
Registered User
 
Kirk Muller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brrr -18, Gomez Cold
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,295
vCash: 500
Actually like Ryder but its time to move on. Montreal's needs to improve on players like Ryder.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:06 PM
  #16
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,379
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Thanks for Nothing.

I just CANT beleive we didnt trade him at the deadline, im still pissed at that

im just so glad, ive hated him for going on 3 years now

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:07 PM
  #17
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
"After having spent Monday evening attached to his cell phone chatting with friends while his team was losing a few hundred feet from his eyes, Ryder amused himself during Wednesday's game by throwing paper airplanes.

Thrown out of the press box, the projectiles fell slowly but surely towards the highly-charged Flyers fans."

http://blogs.phillynews.com/dailynew...ojectiles.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Après avoir passé la soirée de lundi accroché à son cellulaire en train de rigoler avec des amis pendant que son équipe se faisait battre à quelques centaines de pieds sous ses yeux, Ryder s'est amusé à faire voler des avions de papier au cours du match de mercredi.

Lancés de la galerie de presse, les projectiles plongeaient lentement mais sûrement vers les partisans survoltés des Flyers. "

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20...128/CPSPORTS01
I know what Gagnon wrote, both links refer to his blog/lapresse entry. I'm still waiting for the tape.

This is the The Thank You Ryder thread, btw.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:09 PM
  #18
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,607
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
...
This guy played his heart out for the Habs, and the a-holes at the begining of this thread are the typical bashers, ...
Well i'm a basher then for saying truthfully that Ryder did something that should never have been done: not showing enough respect to his teammates who were on the ice working their butts off.

Maybe Bob would have re-signed him but that was the tipping point imo for Bob, just like when Ribeiro faking to be hurt in the series was also the tipping point for getting rid of him.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:11 PM
  #19
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut
 
Ice Poutine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: ____
Country: Martinique
Posts: 11,607
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem Anderson View Post
I know what Gagnon wrote, both links refer to his blog/lapresse entry. I'm still waiting for the tape.

This is the The Thank You Ryder thread, btw.
I know but i said that in humor and you didnt think it was him so i just gave you some proof it was, just so you know i'm not inventing things. There are other instances and articles i could post about that also, but i took just one.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:12 PM
  #20
RussCourtnallsGhost
Registered User
 
RussCourtnallsGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 726
vCash: 500
Thank you Michael Ryder. Your two 30 goal seasons were a great surprise, and well appreciated.

But now I have to change my username, too many painful memories. I was thinking something along the lines of: TheGhostOfRussCourtnall .

RussCourtnallsGhost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:14 PM
  #21
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
I know but i said that in humor and you didnt think it was him so i just gave you some proof it was, just so you know i'm not inventing things. There are other instances and articles i could post about that also, but i took just one.
I wasn't saying you're the one inventing things.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:16 PM
  #22
jayoneill
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Saku Koivu MTL View Post
Your right, Ryder was the one talking over his cell phone with friends and laughing out loud while we were losing the game...

Seriously, I never was a big fan of his but did'nt hate him per say either. I wish we could have been in a position to use him as a asset in a trade to land a better defenceman or soemthing like this a few years ago but we weren't in a position ot trade a goal scorer back then.

I won't wish him any type of luck considering the team he is going too but.....well thats pretty much it.

Bye bye Mike.
you need to stop listening to team 990 i heard that bs when a caller called give the guy some respect i bet you were all over his jock when he was popping goals in 2 years ago 1 bad year and how many healthy scratches and you put him under a bus?

jayoneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:22 PM
  #23
C-Saku Koivu MTL
Registered User
 
C-Saku Koivu MTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoneill View Post
you need to stop listening to team 990 i heard that bs when a caller called give the guy some respect i bet you were all over his jock when he was popping goals in 2 years ago 1 bad year and how many healthy scratches and you put him under a bus?
Note the sarcasm!!!!!!! And I don't listen to team 990 at all!!

No I wasn't all over him, I wanted to trade him for a good D-man for 3 years now!

Too bad we could not because we did'nt have enough good goal scorers back then.

C-Saku Koivu MTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:23 PM
  #24
NASRT
Registered User
 
NASRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
The guy scored some big goals for us
goes from one of the 6 to the another pretty cool
I think he'll do well in Boston,

NASRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:25 PM
  #25
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Thanks for the -25 in 2006-2007

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.