HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Thank You Michael Ryder thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-01-2008, 10:27 PM
  #26
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Thanks to a classy guy who never gave up on himself or his team. Players like Dandenault and Samsonov complained in the papers to the media about icetime and benching, even demandinig trades or pushing the issue. You never did.

This guy played his heart out for the Habs, and the a-holes at the begining of this thread are the typical bashers, but will be the first to cry and complain next year when Ryder is getting goal after goal and Kovalev turns out to be the Kovalev of 2 seasons ago.

Thanks Ryder, best of luck and thanks for your service in Montreal!
ehh I honestly never heard Dandenault complaining. He said that the situation was hard for him but he never complained like Samsonov did.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:30 PM
  #27
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
He tried hard last year, but it just didn't work. I never liked him, I won't miss him.

Good luck with the ruins though.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:31 PM
  #28
White Spy
Spy vs Blades
 
White Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
ehh I honestly never heard Dandenault complaining. He said that the situation was hard for him but he never complain like Samsonov did.
+1
That's what I remember aswell

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:33 PM
  #29
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate
 
Chris Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Beauce
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,185
vCash: 500
My favorite moment of Ryder: the game against Toronto 2 years ago when he scored an hat-trick, it was the last I've seen the good'old Ryder play.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:40 PM
  #30
White Spy
Spy vs Blades
 
White Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 952
vCash: 500
Best moment for me was the ot goal in game 2, to take a 2-0 series lead in Carolina.

The worst moments are all those times you should have shot on your shootout attemps

White Spy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:44 PM
  #31
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,442
vCash: 500
I'm happy he's gone, I don't think he was good for the team spirit.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:44 PM
  #32
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
Best moment for me was the ot goal in game 2, to take a 2-0 series lead in Carolina.

The worst moments are all those times you should have shot on your shootout attemps
You might have forgot, his lazy play on the game 6 in OT against Carolina in 2005-2006 who led to the shofty that Huet gave to Cory Stillman.

So his best and worse moment could be in the same serie, where we saw the best and the worse of Michael Ryder.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:48 PM
  #33
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Well i'm a basher then for saying truthfully that Ryder did something that should never have been done: not showing enough respect to his teammates who were on the ice working their butts off.

Maybe Bob would have re-signed him but that was the tipping point imo for Bob, just like when Ribeiro faking to be hurt in the series was also the tipping point for getting rid of him.
Yeah, I guess he shold have voiced his concerns to the media and say he would have to talk to his family about a trade like Dandenault...but since Dandy is French he can say that and stay.

And the last point on Ribs, great point...we all know how Ribs panned out after leaving Montreal.

Lets say this is part deux of another Bob Gainey screw up.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:52 PM
  #34
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
ehh I honestly never heard Dandenault complaining. He said that the situation was hard for him but he never complained like Samsonov did.
He said he would discuss with his family and his agent, Mike Gillis, where his hockey future lies.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=227949

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:54 PM
  #35
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK View Post
thanks for eating up 4 million of the Bruins cap for the next 3 seasons!

Just for the sake of argument, how do you know he won't earn his salary if he plays on a line with Savard and scores 35 goals?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:54 PM
  #36
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
I'm happy he's gone, I don't think he was good for the team spirit.
Roommate Chris Higgins had nothing but glowing things to say about Ryder, he wasn't a cancer in the dressing room...it isn't his character or nature. He is a easy going guy who never complained, but because he is hated in Montreal he will be remember for a paper plane incident that some how cost the Habs the playoffs against the Flyers???

Idiotic.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 10:56 PM
  #37
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Just for the sake of argument, how do you know he won't earn his salary if he plays on a line with Savard and scores 35 goals?
He is finally playing with a legit set-up man in Savard, a guy getting 70 plus assists with no goal scorers...its a match made in heaven for both!

According to Boston GM they were after Ryder for awhile and they upped their offer to get him because two other teams were closing in.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:00 PM
  #38
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
He said he would discuss with his family and his agent, Mike Gillis, where his hockey future lies.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=227949
And that is complaining to you? Come on, you can't be serious.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:13 PM
  #39
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 27,975
vCash: 500
Good luck to him in Boston. I always liked the guy, it was clear though that it was time for him to move on.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:14 PM
  #40
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
Thanks for the -25 in 2006-2007

Please don't cackle with glee. The Habs had no shortage of minus players in 2006-07. I'll list just the ones who were -10 or worse, but there lots of others with smaller minuses.

Higgins -11
Koivu -21
Latendresse -20
Kovalev -19
Murray -10
Souray -28
Bouillon -10

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:15 PM
  #41
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
And that is complaining to you? Come on, you can't be serious.
It isn't? Isn't he contimplating that he should see if he should request a trade? He isn't saying he is just going to chat about his lack of icetime...what can his family and agent do about that?

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:17 PM
  #42
Maliki2
Registered User
 
Maliki2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Saint Albans, VT
Country: United States
Posts: 10,824
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob De Funes View Post
thanks for the 30 goals seasons.
And the ton of minus games! Good luck! LOL

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:17 PM
  #43
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Please don't cackle with glee. The Habs had no shortage of minus players in 2006-07. I'll list just the ones who were -10 or worse, but there lots of others with smaller minuses.

Higgins -11
Koivu -21
Latendresse -20
Kovalev -19
Murray -10
Souray -28
Bouillon -10
I find it quite funny that not one Hab fan can remember that we couldn't score even strength that year, if not for the PP we wouldn't have scored at all.

His minus 25 was much more affordable than that of Koivu's and Kovalev's combined -40 at almost 10 million to Ryder's 2.2 million at the time.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:18 PM
  #44
Habbadasher
Registered User
 
Habbadasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: My couch
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,699
vCash: 500
Ryder was a glimmer of hope during some dark days. A guy who turned out much bette than anyone had a right to expect. I for one, thank him for what he did for the CH.

Habbadasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:22 PM
  #45
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Yeah, I guess he shold have voiced his concerns to the media and say he would have to talk to his family about a trade like Dandenault...but since Dandy is French he can say that and stay.

And the last point on Ribs, great point...we all know how Ribs panned out after leaving Montreal.

Lets say this is part deux of another Bob Gainey screw up.
Dandy was a D playing forward...missing games. Ryder was playing 1st line, 1st PP, plenty of minutes, and wasn't doing squat. Didn't look like he cared.

Micheal Ryder is a great scorer, but his overall game is so bad, that he's wasn't a usefull player anymore for the Habs.

Pierre Dagenais.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:29 PM
  #46
RE-HABS
Registered User
 
RE-HABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: CANADA
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Nick View Post
Dandy was a D playing forward...missing games. Ryder was playing 1st line, 1st PP, plenty of minutes, and wasn't doing squat. Didn't look like he cared.

Micheal Ryder is a great scorer, but his overall game is so bad, that he's wasn't a usefull player anymore for the Habs.

Pierre Dagenais.
He may have had 1st line and PP in October and November, but that wasn't the case come late Noveber and beyond. I watched ever Hab game this year and the way people talk is that he got his 16-17 minutes a game, always played with Koivu and Higgins and got 1st PP opportunities.

It didn't happen.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:30 PM
  #47
habs_24x
Registered User
 
habs_24x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 500
im gonna remember Ryder as the 25-30-30 man. Thanks for the goals.

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:34 PM
  #48
Slick Nick
Registered User
 
Slick Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montréal
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 4,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
He may have had 1st line and PP in October and November, but that wasn't the case come late Noveber and beyond. I watched ever Hab game this year and the way people talk is that he got his 16-17 minutes a game, always played with Koivu and Higgins and got 1st PP opportunities.

It didn't happen.
I'm pretty sure you were bashing Samsonov when he didn't produce after two months with Kovy and Pleks..... don't let your man crush get over your reasoning. Ryder had a horrible season and that's why he lost icetime and even got benched.

Ryder is a bad hockey player.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:41 PM
  #49
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I find it quite funny that not one Hab fan can remember that we couldn't score even strength that year, if not for the PP we wouldn't have scored at all.

His minus 25 was much more affordable than that of Koivu's and Kovalev's combined -40 at almost 10 million to Ryder's 2.2 million at the time.
The lack of even strength scoring was an ugly stain on the team but the minuses all around wouldn't have been as bad if it hadn't been for Aebischer's atrocious goaltending, which dragged everyone down.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2008, 11:43 PM
  #50
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I find it quite funny that not one Hab fan can remember that we couldn't score even strength that year, if not for the PP we wouldn't have scored at all.

His minus 25 was much more affordable than that of Koivu's and Kovalev's combined -40 at almost 10 million to Ryder's 2.2 million at the time.
The lack of even strength scoring was an ugly stain on the team but the minuses all around wouldn't have been as bad if it hadn't been for Aebischer's atrocious goaltending, which dragged everyone down. It wasn't just the goals he allowed but his puck handling, which required everyone to crowd around the crease and kept the team bottled up in their own end for most of the game.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.