HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Crawford's future?

Old
07-02-2008, 02:10 AM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Crawford's future?

If we do indeed keep Khabibulin as Tallon has said (I believe him) than what will happen to Crawford?

The guy deserves the chance to play in the NHL afte 3 yrs in AHL and with Niemi coming to Rockford what will happen?

Do you see us trading him for someone?

I am angry as i feel Crawford is a good young goalie who will be a good NHL goaltender.

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:29 AM
mums

vCash: 500
I have the same questions. We now have a backlog of goalies with Nik, Huet, Crawford, and Niemi.

I'm sure Niemi won't be too thrilled having to play in the AHL when he was being positioned as Nik's backup. Also, with Niemi in the AHL, it takes away minutes from Crawford and his development.

Doesn't make sense.....Tallon has to trade Nik.

mums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:44 AM
lfchockey*

Don't worry, Khabby won't be here by the time the season starts.
Do you honestly think Huet would have come to us if Dale said, 'we're going to give you a boatload of money for several years, to be a backup this year.' If this wasn't arranged ahead of time, Huet wouldn't have come to us.
I could see a Gerber for Khabby deal happen that would put us close to being back under the cap.

I think it will end up being a Huet/Crawford combination, which is going to be a bit scary if we're going to make a playoff run.

Frankly, if we get anything(or nothing) for Khabby, I'd be happy. As long as we don't need to get rid of assets to get rid of him.

lfchockey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Teemu

Now, odds are that Bulin won't be here come the start of the season. But, if we assume he won't be, people seem to already have forgotten that he is an UFA after this year.

Teemu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 11:29 AM
lfchockey*

I don't think anyone has forgotten that fact. But with all due respect, something has to happen, to cut roughly $3 million off the books and Khabby is the logical choice.

lfchockey* is offline   Reply With Quote