HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bertuzzi to Montreal...e(4)

Old
07-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Stiffler

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
I don't think the player has much to give, but if he can come in and teach Latendresse the art of being a true power forward, then it's worth it. He was the best power forward bar none in his hey days!

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

Please no.

We got rid of one fat ass, not to get a super fat ass.

Plus, we got a fat boy on the team who doesn't need a role model in fatness. He needs one in fitness.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:39 AM
sandman08

as much as bert would be nice and something we've been missing for a long time, hes too slow to keep up with the rest of the team so i dont get it really

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:40 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
I don't think the player has much to give, but if he can come in and teach Latendresse the art of being a true power forward, then it's worth it. He was the best power forward bar none in his hey days!
Has mean as you are, you'll never be able to teach a guy how to be inside of him. And then, that was the previous Bertuzzi. 'Cause this post-Moore version is soft as butter.....

Really that would be a mistake.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:40 AM
BadKiwi

Quote:
I think I heard Latendresse say once that Bert was his favorite player or the player he wanted to be. Well the point is that Latendresse really respect Big Bert, or at least he used to, so he will probably listen to the advices.

BadKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:42 AM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:
The problem is that i doubt that Big Bert is in a mental state to teach anything to anyone. Of course i'm not him so i may be wrong but with the lawsuit stuff and all i'm pretty sure his mind is not 100 % focused on hockey and that he's not exactly in the mood to play the "big brother" role.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Stiffler

Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Has mean as you are, you'll never be able to teach a guy how to be inside of him. And then, that was the previous Bertuzzi. 'Cause this post-Moore version is soft as butter.....
You sure make a point, but I don't think being a power forward is all about being mean... Look at Brendan Shanahan, Cam Neely, there is much to know about puck protection, positioning, using your body to clear space and keep that space, puck deviation, all kinds of stuff. Bertuzzi had all of that along with his mean streak.

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Hey Habs fans,

Surprised that this isn't already posted on your board but looks like Bertuzzi is being pursued by Gainey....I find this strange since he is the opposite of your current system (speed, europeans) and wondering if any of this was on the radar in Montreal?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/

Man, if you guys didn't like Ryder, add a couple pounds, years, and attitude and you have a new paper-airplane maker!
I wouldn't mind taking a shot at Bert for cheap, assuming his court case is close to settling. He's exactly what we need. Those dumb penalties are really annoying, but his big body down low is exactly what our possession game needs, even on the third line. Koivu might be able to wake him up.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Latendreese doesn't need teaching, he just needs a ceter to feed him and regular PP time and he'll score 30.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
Bert could go fly a kite.
I've never been able tro fly a kite. I'd sign him then.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Noldo

Only positive factor in signing Bert is that he is already paid 1,3 million for next two seasons by Ducks, making it more likely that he could be signed for very affordable contract.

But still, I don't really see the point (even though I have always supported the notion to bring Bert over to teach Lats).

It would quite funny, if Bert would end up signing with Anaheim for lets say 2,0 million for two years... Wonder if league would investigate that as cap circumvention (going from 4 million / 1 year to 3,3 million / 2 year deal).

Noldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:55 AM
BadKiwi

Big Berts incident was just a combination of bad luck and stupidity. First Big Bert is an idiot to hit a guy like that, then Bertuzzi is unlucky that Moore got knocked down. After every one who jumped on Bertuzzi knocking him on Moore are idiots. When you want to protect someone shouldn't you try to pull the attacker away? Anyways with a little less bad luck this could of looked like the Kostopoulos-Timonen incident. It's now up to Bertuzzi to get over this, if the Habs think he can do it, take him. Wasn't he good (except for injuries) in his short stint in Florida?

BadKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:58 AM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noldo View Post
Only positive factor in signing Bert is that he is already paid 1,3 million for next two seasons by Ducks, making it more likely that he could be signed for very affordable contract.

But still, I don't really see the point (even though I have always supported the notion to bring Bert over to teach Lats).

It would quite funny, if Bert would end up signing with Anaheim for lets say 2,0 million for two years... Wonder if league would investigate that as cap circumvention (going from 4 million / 1 year to 3,3 million / 2 year deal).
I was under the impression, and I very well could be wrong, that when a player is bought out he cannot play for the team that bought him out for the next season....any one know for sure?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 07:59 AM
Moester

Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poony McBagelpoon View Post
i expect: $3.5M with bonuses.
I would respect an offer like that for Bertuzzi. He's played well in stretches last year, could be an asset on a line with Koivu and Tanguay which would leave us open to have a 3rd line full of young offensively minded guys. Not a bad deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
He also has them interested in Naslund. Could they miss out on Hoosa and Sundin then we may see these 2 reunited. The Habs need a center and all but Sundin are wingers.
Why not? Naslund and Bert are best friends and both played the best hockey of their lives together. Being re-united in another city could be just what those guys need to bounce back.

Quote:
That's something else too. Although many people talk about Bert's mental state, he used to be a great leader in his heyday and helped a lot of rookies along. If he can finally move on, he could make a huge impact in the dressing room.

Bert would also bring a big presence in front of the net, and he definitely brings an edge to his game. Would take some pressure off of Kosto and Begin when it comes to keeping guys honest.

I've always liked Bert and still think he could turn it around, I wouldn't mind to see him in a Habs uniform for the right money.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:03 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Hey Habs fans,

Surprised that this isn't already posted on your board but looks like Bertuzzi is being pursued by Gainey....I find this strange since he is the opposite of your current system (speed, europeans) and wondering if any of this was on the radar in Montreal?

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/

Man, if you guys didn't like Ryder, add a couple pounds, years, and attitude and you have a new paper-airplane maker!

(E4)......PFFFFTT.....that means absolutely nothing!!!! Any garbage that Eklund is spewing is just that, GARBAGE!!!

I wanna see Eklunds record over the last 3 years to see if he was even close on any deals.
Anybody can link 1 player to 20 about different teams and eventually get one signing right, but I wanna see him link 20 players to 2 or 3 teams each and get 10 of them right, then I might believe some of the crap he posts, but until then....I'll just continue to look the other way when I see an (E3), (E4) or (E5)!!!!

I am going to make an Eklund like prediction.....

Marian Hossa (E4) to Pittsburgh, Edmonton, Montreal, Boston, NYR, Toronto, San Jose, Phoenix, Anaheim, Detroit, Vancouver, Buffalo, Ottawa, Colorado.

Mats Sundin (E4) to Montreal, Toronto, NYR, Detroit, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minnesota, Atlanta, Nashville, NYI, Chicago.

Chances are, with all those teams linked to Sundin and Hossa I should be able to get one of the teams right!!!!!! Thats Eklunds theory!!!!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
After seeing what some of the average players were signing for yesterday. I would be in no hurry to go rush out and sign Big Bert if I were Gainey. But if he's still available come late August and is willing to sign for cheap, I would be willing to take a chance.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:35 AM
Scotianhab

I don't think we need him. I would give his minutes to Latendresse to see if he can step up his game and turn into the power forward we need.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:37 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
I don't mind Bertuzzi if he's healthy.
Health has been a huge problem for him lately. Hopefully if Montreal does sign him it's on two year deal max and not to a crazy amount of money.

He would fit well on a line with Tanguay and Koivu!

Andrei Kostitsyn - Plekanec - Kovalev
Tanguay - Koivu - Bertuzzi
Higgins - Lapierre - S. Kostitsyn

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:38 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

Quote:
I don't think we need him. I would give his minutes to Latendresse to see if he can step up his game and turn into the power forward we need.
Thtat's what i think will happen also. At least thats what i hope, time for Lats to step it up now and he doesnt need Bertuzzi to show him anything.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

If we acquired a slow winger I'd rather take Shanahan. He may be old but he's still a great leader and will fight, hit and score and do whatever it takes to win... and he doesn't break necks like Mr. Bertuzzi.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:48 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
I really hope it's not true,I don't wanna see him in a Habs jersey

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:54 AM
NHLcrazy

5 years too late IMO

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 08:56 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
If we acquired a slow winger I'd rather take Shanahan. He may be old but he's still a great leader and will fight, hit and score and do whatever it takes to win... and he doesn't break necks like Mr. Bertuzzi.
given a choice between the 2 i'd agree but it depends on the contract length

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 09:02 AM
dutchy29

If we can't get a real impact player ex. Hossa then I would be on board with giving Bertuzzi a shot but only at 1.5million 1 year deal, with bonuses for offence production.

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Bryson

I'd really like to see the habs add some grit, size and toughness to the team. Who is the better player between Laraque and Bertuzzi? What's the situation with Laraque right now?

Bryson is online now   Reply With Quote