HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bertuzzi to Montreal...e(4)

Old
07-02-2008, 01:20 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Can we play each other online?
Not that I know of. I'm talking about playing it on the old sega system. Loved '94 it was the last year you could do a spin o rama move, freaking killed everyone at my college with that!

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Thats a lot of money tied up into three Dmen in Schnieder, Markov and Hammer...not to mention Kommy needs to be re-signed to a long term before next summer UFA as well.

We would have to dump salary to the Ducks who are trying to shed some themselves, and we have an abundance of Dmen moving up as well.
It's only 1 year, that's why I think it makes sense.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Captain Saku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1 View Post
It's time to make a big splash Bob...

Bertuzzi 3M/1year
Naslund 9M/2 years

I can live with a line of Bertuzzi-Koivu-Naslund...
not really... where do you put Tanguay? on the 3rd?

Schneider big yes because it won't cost us anything.

Bertuzzi big no even if it's for free.

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 01:21 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1 View Post
Have u heard something...Can u elaborate???
Sorry, I'm done playing that game.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 01:28 PM
Patty Roy

If we could get Schneider for Dandeneault and say a pick, and Bertuzzi for about half of what he was making last season, then yeah i'd probably do it.

A. Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev
Tanguay-Koivu-Bertuzzi
Latendresse-Higgins-S. Kostitsyn
Kostopolous/Begin-Chipchura-Lapierre

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-Schneider
Gorges-O'Byrne
Bouillon

Patty Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 01:40 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
Thtat's what i think will happen also. At least thats what i hope, time for Lats to step it up now and he doesnt need Bertuzzi to show him anything.

I agree with the IDEA of your post, but Latendresse thinks he is a goal scorer and won't play a physical game. He made the team because he done a lot of hitting in training camp, played a rough style game and then once he made the roster he stopped doing all of that and tried to score pretty goals and carry the puck. If it wasn't for that, I would completely agree with your post.

I wouldn't count on Latendresse for anything amazing. He will be a 3rd or 4th line player for his whole career....I'll bet money on it.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 01:41 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
I wouldn't count on Latendresse for anything amazing. He will be a 3rd or 4th line player for his whole career....I'll bet money on it.
If he wasn't already producing at the pace of a top six forward with fourth-line icetime at the tender age of 21, I think you'd have better odds of winning that bet.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 01:57 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
If he wasn't already producing at the pace of a top six forward with fourth-line icetime at the tender age of 21, I think you'd have better odds of winning that bet.

If he is so damn good, how come he is stuck on the 3rd and 4th lines? Why doesn't his skill put him up on the top 2 lines?

You call 56 points in 153 games "producing at the pace of a top six forward"?

I agree that he doesn't get a lot of icetime.....but there is a huge reason for it.....its called not playing how the team wants you to play and not being able to keep up because your slow. If Latendresse improves his game by about 80% then he might become a top line forward, but he has a loooooong way to go.....a lot longer than people are willing to believe.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 01:58 PM
holyhabs

now if an attempted murderer is not gonna intimidate opposing teams..i dunno what will. lets do it!

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:04 PM
McTusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Not that I know of. I'm talking about playing it on the old sega system.
I know, I was being silly.

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:06 PM
MathMan

Quote:
If he is so damn good, how come he is stuck on the 3rd and 4th lines? Why doesn't his skill put him up on the top 2 lines?
Because Montreal is a deep team and has Higgins and Kostitsyn ahead of him at LW, who are equally or more productive but better able to cope with tough matchups at this point in their careers.

Quote:
You call 56 points in 153 games "producing at the pace of a top six forward"?
Yes, if you apply some sense, and go beyond counting totals and look at his production per icetime where he is -- oh, what a shock -- firmly among the upper portion on the team. So, for this matter, are his ES counting number totals.

It's silly to expect a guy who plays with Dandenault most of the time and isn't used reguarly on the PP to get 65 points. But if you look at what he does with his icetime, the offensive production is there. Though you can question his defensive game.

I strongly recommend behindthenet.ca for a wealth of deeper statistics. Counting number totals are coarse-grained and very uninformative.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Latendresse thrust into Higgins' scoring and PP role next year. He has the skill for it and his defensive game has improved greatly, plus Higgins' two-way game may be better used on an "offensive checking line".

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:10 PM
BadKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Because Montreal is a deep team and has Higgins and Kostitsyn ahead of him at LW, who are equally or more productive but better able to cope with tough matchups at this point in their careers.

Yes, if you apply some sense, and go beyond counting totals and look at his production per icetime where he is -- oh, what a shock -- firmly among the upper portion on the team. So, for this matter, are his ES counting number totals.

It's silly to expect a guy who plays with Dandenault most of the time and isn't used reguarly on the PP to get 65 points. But if you look at what he does with his icetime, the offensive production is there. Though you can question his defensive game.

I strongly recommend behindthenet.ca for a wealth of deeper statistics. Counting number totals are coarse-grained and very uninformative.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Latendresse thrust into Higgins' scoring and PP role next year. He has the skill for it and his defensive game has improved greatly, plus Higgins' two-way game may be better used on an "offensive checking line".
Last year I was impressed with his "shot blocking" ability. The problem is, I think, that it was because he panicked easily in his own zone. He tends to play during ES like it's a PK. That got me thinking, how would he look during a real PK.

BadKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:13 PM
axman88

just pure speculation.....everyone's talking about that whoever signs bertuzzi might sign naslund also....unless he's already signed but how about joining the whole line...

Bertuzzi (2 yr 3 mill) - Morrison (3 yr 12 mill) - Naslund (3 yr 14 mill)

If they take those deals....that's a pretty good line for less than the 10 million sundin is getting

axman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:16 PM
McTusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman88 View Post
Bertuzzi (2 yr 3 mill) - Morrison (3 yr 12 mill) - Naslund (3 yr 14 mill)

If they take those deals....that WAS a pretty good line for less than the 10 million sundin is getting
fixed

McTusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:24 PM
JaymzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Just speculating...

Gainey investigates trading for Matt Schneider and signing Todd Bertuzzi.

What do you think?
I was thinking Schneider would be a good pick-up for 1 year. Bert...I'm not 100% sure on. I’d be worried how he would handle the media in Montreal. With the “incident”, I don’t think it would be too pretty to start. He has the physical tools I would like the habs to get, but I'm not sure if I'd want the baggage that would come with it.

JaymzB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:25 PM
sandman08

schneider i'd be all over it depending on the cost but theres gotta be someone that better fits out team in terms of speed and what not then bert?

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Ra
satan is my homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by preston View Post
Can we play each other online?
a/s/l

Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I want no part of Bertuzzi. Naslund any time. But since our team is based on speed AND skill, getting Bertuzzi makes no sense. Gainey said that this was the identity of our time, so why should we be counter-productive?

Bertuzzi is finished.
If it's a 1 year contract, I say go for it. Bertuzzi is a potential game breaker, he's also added depth. Lines;

Higgins - Plekanec - Kovalev (plays other teams top lines)
Tanguay - Koivu - Kostitsyn (plays other teams top lines)
Bertuzzi - Grabovski - Kostitsyn
Lapierre - Chipchura - Latendresse

Bertz would be a start to help us lose the "soft" term from our team. He'd be one of the few guys on this team who would stick up for his teamates.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Russeltown

Bertuzzi could help guys like Latendresse and, to a certain extent, Max Pacioretty to develop.

Schneider could surely give a good hand. To be honest, I am not comfortable with Gorges, O'Byrne and Bouillon, without any Insurance Policy.

Schneider's contract is not that bad.
Bertuzzi could be signed for a really cheap price, I guess. If we can sign him for 1 year, let's do it! We have the cap space to do so and it won't change the plans for future (Komisarek and al.)

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

I don't know what people are thinking about asking for a Dman. We don't need one, especially if it means giving up a roster foward player.
Who in their right mind will accept a Dandy/Bouillon vs Schneider deal??..are you people serious??

Signing one D of the UFA would have meant another D position locked up for long term. We have Hamr-Markov and next year Komi all locked up for a good number of years. If we added another D, that means we would have 2 places left over the next 3-4years to be filled by
Bouillon..at least for next year
Gorges..dont know how long his contract will be for, but he was great last year so no reason to not want him here
O'Byrne..is also in the process of resigning and has a roster spot
Then there's..Valentenko(some say he'll be the 1st to see some NHL time when an injury/sickness happens to one of our D)..Fischer-Weber-McDonagh-Subban-Emelin(who might be ready to make the NHL Jump as soon as his contract expires in Russia)..Carle..

Signing another D such as Rozival..or Redden or Campbell would have been a very stupid and unnecessary..Trading for Schneider wouldn't be the best of scenarios either as we'd have to give up a pretty good roster player to get him.
I'd also much prefer to pair up O'Byrne with Hamrlik right from the start of next season for O'Byrne to gain a lot experience and play with a reliable partner such as Hamr.
Just like putting Komi with Markov was such a great help for Komi.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 04:01 PM
sampollock

a one year deal at 2mil

and it gives us size,

and maybe another 20 goal man

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 04:01 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't know what people are thinking about asking for a Dman. We don't need one, especially if it means giving up a roster foward player.
Who in their right mind will accept a Dandy/Bouillon vs Schneider deal??..are you people serious??

Signing one D of the UFA would have meant another D position locked up for long term. We have Hamr-Markov and next year Komi all locked up for a good number of years. If we added another D, that means we would have 2 places left over the next 3-4years to be filled by
Gorges..dont know how long his contract will be for, but he was great last year so no reason to not want him here
Then there's..Valentenko(some say he'll be the 1st to see some NHL time when an injury/sickness happens to one of our D)..Fischer-Weber-McDonagh-Subban-Emelin(who might be ready to make the NHL Jump as soon as his contract expires in Russia)..Carle..

Signing another D such as Rozival..or Redden or Campbell would have been a very stupid and unnecessary..Trading for Schneider wouldn't be the best of scenarios either as we'd have to give up a pretty good roster player to get him.
I'd also much prefer to pair up O'Byrne with Hamrlik right from the start of next season for O'Byrne to gain a lot experience and play with a reliable partner such as Hamr.
So who is supposed to replace Mark Streit on the powerplay? He was a massive part of the teams success on special teams. They currently have no defenseman that could play that other point with even a reasonable expectation of half of the success Streit had.

If they choose not to address this issue they are choosing to give away one of the great advantages they had last season and a large part of their regular season success.

Gainey is not stupid. That's why he's inquiring about Schneider.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Stiffler

Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
Bertz would be a start to help us lose the "soft" term from our team. He'd be one of the few guys on this team who would stick up for his teamates.
Problem is, if we take into account his short stint in Detroit and Anaheim, he doesn't play like that anymore. He is now a very soft, injury-prone player. He truly lost his edge.

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

Schneider would be a 1 year fix. Most posters that would make the trade would only move an insignificant roster player (Grabs etc) as they see it as a salary dump for Anahiem.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 04:11 PM
Avim86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
If it's a 1 year contract, I say go for it. Bertuzzi is a potential game breaker, he's also added depth. Lines;

Higgins - Plekanec - Kovalev (plays other teams top lines)
Tanguay - Koivu - Kostitsyn (plays other teams top lines)
Bertuzzi - Grabovski - Kostitsyn
Lapierre - Chipchura - Latendresse

You have got to be kidding me grabs and kosty are speedsters and you put them with bertuzzi? Why is higgins on the first line? Have you watched the habs play at all last year you do understand that andrei now makes 3.25 million dollars and will not play on the 3rd line...I wish people reread their posts for plausibility.

Avim86 is offline   Reply With Quote