HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Kilger update

Closed Thread

Old
08-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

vCash: 500
Martin is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. We had a chance to make the playoffs, he didn't want to give up a great asset like Matthias, Frolik, or a top 2 round pick, so he weighed the positives against the negatives in trading away a 3rd rounder, and he decided to make the trade to bring in some help to help us end our 7 year playoff drought. I would have probably done the same thing if the asking price for Kilger was a 3rd and there was nothing better on the market. It's a freaking 3rd rounder, it's not a big deal in the big scheme of things. Kilger was with the Leafs in Fort Lauderdale, ready to play against us in the very next game.

Old
08-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39ontheline View Post
And by that you mean he didnt do his job. Nobody else in the NHL screwed up like this. Who trades for a guy who takes a leave during the season? Honestly.
He was here ready to play. Are all the GMs in the League supposed to call the players and see if they're going to be taking leaves of absence? He just off of one, how many times in the history of sports do guys take two in the same season??

08-06-2008, 12:38 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
Martin is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. We had a chance to make the playoffs, he didn't want to give up a great asset like Matthias, Frolik, or a top 2 round pick, so he weighed the positives against the negatives in trading away a 3rd rounder, and he decided to make the trade to bring in some help to help us end our 7 year playoff drought. I would have probably done the same thing if the asking price for Kilger was a 3rd and there was nothing better on the market. It's a freaking 3rd rounder, it's not a big deal in the big scheme of things. Kilger was with the Leafs in Fort Lauderdale, ready to play against us in the very next game.
Agreed. It was a 3rd rounder, and it wasn't our's, either, it was Colorado's. Still don't know how the NHL has allowed this trade to go through, Kilger never reported, how's that still a trade?

Old
08-06-2008, 02:08 AM
39ontheline

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
It showed how inept he was. He wouldnt be damned if he did his job and traded for an nhl player who had no baggage. im sure there are hundreds of players without strings attached he could have gone after. He's an inept moron and isnt real good with asset management and everyone makes excuses like its no big deal or its only a 3rd. He's a moron and gave away an asset for absolutley nothing. It's his fault so he can freaking wear this mistake. One of many I might add.

Old
08-06-2008, 02:09 AM
39ontheline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Agreed. It was a 3rd rounder, and it wasn't our's, either, it was Colorado's. Still don't know how the NHL has allowed this trade to go through, Kilger never reported, how's that still a trade?
Because it's not the nhl's job to undo morons mistakes. They cant babysit every idiot in the league.

Old
08-06-2008, 03:11 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Because it's not the nhl's job to undo morons mistakes. They cant babysit every idiot in the league.
Aren't you an agent? Isn't it that in the NFL if a player doesn't report, the trade doesn't happen? If a player doesn't pass a physical in the NHL or NFL the trade doesn't happen?

Pretty sure a year or two ago someone was trade in the NFL and didn't report, nixing the trade.

Old
08-06-2008, 03:14 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
It showed how inept he was. He wouldnt be damned if he did his job and traded for an nhl player who had no baggage. im sure there are hundreds of players without strings attached he could have gone after. He's an inept moron and isnt real good with asset management and everyone makes excuses like its no big deal or its only a 3rd. He's a moron and gave away an asset for absolutley nothing. It's his fault so he can freaking wear this mistake. One of many I might add.
There aren't a ton of NHLers with"baggage?" LOL, a good portion of the League has baggage. Look at Corvo, Bertuzzi, Belfour, even Bouw has a DUI. There's a TON more, everyone has baggage.

Inept? Many mistakes? Such as? He can wear it?

Last edited by Laus723: 08-06-2008 at 06:35 AM.
Old
08-06-2008, 07:04 AM
Madhatter73

Quote:
Life's a gamble... It's about taking chances... No one makes perfect decisions all the time... Had it worked, he would have been praised for getting him for only a 3rd rounder...

It's beginning to look less like educated opinion and more like blind hatred for Martin.

Old
08-06-2008, 07:53 AM
39ontheline

Quote:
There aren't a ton of NHLers with"baggage?" LOL, a good portion of the League has baggage. Look at Corvo, Bertuzzi, Belfour, even Bouw has a DUI. There's a TON more, everyone has baggage.

Inept? Many mistakes? Such as? He can wear it?
Im not listing the 5,000 mistakes, besides does anyone really want to read it??

Old
08-06-2008, 07:54 AM
39ontheline

Quote:
Aren't you an agent? Isn't it that in the NFL if a player doesn't report, the trade doesn't happen? If a player doesn't pass a physical in the NHL or NFL the trade doesn't happen?

Pretty sure a year or two ago someone was trade in the NFL and didn't report, nixing the trade.
I dont work in the NFL I dont know the rules there. I know as an NHL fan it's not leagues job to do the teams homework.

Old
08-06-2008, 07:55 AM
39ontheline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter73 View Post
Life's a gamble... It's about taking chances... No one makes perfect decisions all the time... Had it worked, he would have been praised for getting him for only a 3rd rounder...

It's beginning to look less like educated opinion and more like blind hatred for Martin.
Life's a gamble, great way to look at a guy who didnt do his job.

Old
08-06-2008, 08:19 AM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Life's a gamble, great way to look at a guy who didnt do his job.
We gave away a third for an NHL 4th liner...we have like a 5% chance to pick an NHLer....honestly it doesn't even really matter, its a small issue as we already have 12 forwards without him.

Old
08-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
No it didn't. Kilger was back with Toronto and was all set to play against us. You know the more I think about what happened I really think the Leafs pulled a fast one. I think they asked Kilger to come back from his leave just until they could trade him for something. I think they knew he wasn't ready to come back fully & probably even gave him a bonus on the side to do this so they can screw someone over for a pick.

Old
08-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
We gave away a third for an NHL 4th liner...we have like a 5% chance to pick an NHLer....honestly it doesn't even really matter, its a small issue as we already have 12 forwards without him.
I agree it's not that big a deal even though Kilger would really make our checking line look like one. I think JM didn't know whether or not Kilger will be here and has that many forwards under contract for that reason. If Kilger reports we would probably see a trade of one of our forwards to make room for him. If not we would have at least 2 forwards sitting everynight, and we aren't going to pay someone NHL money to play in Rochester. I also don't think JM would send Matthias back down either. If Kilger shows up great. If not, no biggy!

Old
08-06-2008, 10:38 AM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Quote:
I would absolutely love to! List away! Surely you won't have any trouble listing the thousands of mistakes Martin has made as GM.

Old
08-06-2008, 10:39 AM
39ontheline

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeVision View Post
I would absolutely love to! List away! Surely you won't have any trouble listing the thousands of mistakes Martin has made as GM.
Not taking that bait, sorry.

Old
08-06-2008, 10:41 AM
StrangeVision
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 117
Quote:
Not taking that bait, sorry.
You're always ranting about the many mistakes Martin has made, why not list them? I'm curious and would like to read that list.

Old
08-06-2008, 01:29 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
5,000 mistakes?

Quote:
I dont work in the NFL I dont know the rules there. I know as an NHL fan it's not leagues job to do the teams homework.
Who said anything about homework? Soemone doesn't report, someone doesn't report. Since when is calling someone pre-trade the acquiring team's fault? That will go over well as players find out they've been traded by the acquiring team.

Old
08-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Go Panthers Go!

Old
08-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:

Very well stated!

Old
08-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Laus723
Future Now

it could be that the Kilger mistake was the only one? You can bring up the Olli trade, but I'll point to Sutter and Gillis' comments to refute most likely what you have to say. On top of that, you don't know what type of conversations were had over the last year or so. Zednik, McLean, and Dvorak? McLean did pretty well for this team, Zednik got hot right as he got injured. He was more proven of late than the guys you wanted him to bring in via waivers. Dvorak is gret on the PK and was willing to come here.

Do any of you have an inside track as to who would have wanted to come here and Martin actually said no to?

Haven't improved at all? The points have improved, no playoffs, but how can ANYONE argue the state of the team prior to his getting here??? The prospect pool has improved. You can't say there's been "no improvement" when there clearly has been.

Last edited by Acadmus: 08-07-2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: qdp
Old
08-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Slick Cat

Quote:
it could be that the Kilger mistake was the only one? You can bring up the Olli trade, but I'll point to Sutter and Gillis' comments to refute most likely what you have to say. On top of that, you don't know what type of conversations were had over the last year or so. Zednik, McLean, and Dvorak? McLean did pretty well for this team, Zednik got hot right as he got injured. He was more proven of late than the guys you wanted him to bring in via waivers. Dvorak is gret on the PK and was willing to come here.

Do any of you have an inside track as to who would have wanted to come here and Martin actually said no to?

Haven't improved at all? The points have improved, no playoffs, but how can ANYONE argue the state of the team prior to his getting here??? The prospect pool has improved. You can't say there's been "no improvement" when there clearly has been.
Point totals in the last three years, 85, 86 and 85 (huge improvement)

what improvement have we "cleary" made? in the time he has been employed we have lost our franchise goalie, our most productive offensive player ever, and we have aliented and are soon to lose our franchise d man

Last edited by Acadmus: 08-07-2008 at 09:34 AM. Reason: trolling
Old
08-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick Cat View Post
Point totals in the last three years, 85, 86 and 85 (huge improvement)

what improvement have we "cleary" made? in the time he has been employed we have lost our franchise goalie, our most productive offensive player ever, and we have aliented and are soon to lose our franchise d man
lol, now Bouw's alienated? How, and more importantly when(?), did that happen? Last I saw Martin was wanting him to stay a Panther and avoided arbitration, which is always not a fun time for either the team or the player. Alienated? ????

the point totals did improve, just not enough. Obviously not exciting, but things DID improve.

He tried to convince Louie to stay, Louie came back with demands that couldn't be met, then Keenan traded him (why is it necessary to go through this AGAIN???).

Go re-read my comments on Olli.

Last edited by Acadmus: 08-07-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old
08-06-2008, 05:43 PM
39ontheline

Quote:
Or...it could be that the Kilger mistake was the only one? You can bring up the Olli trade, but I'll point to Sutter and Gillis' comments to refute most likely what you have to say. On top of that, you don't know what type of conversations were had over the last year or so. Zednik, McLean, and Dvorak? McLean did pretty well for this team, Zednik got hot right as he got injured. He was more proven of late than the guys you wanted him to bring in via waivers. Dvorak is gret on the PK and was willing to come here.

I can argue it rather easily. "Better" teams every year with LIMITED improvement stat wise (one or two points a season I believe) And for anyone who thinks this team is magically better without Roberto Luongo and Olli Jokinen. Well, I dont know what the hell to tell you. Why do you even bother bringing up this magical not having inside knowledge stuff. You dont have any either so it's pointless to argue over something nobody has info of. Using a newspaper as a source on either side is pointless because it's usually pretty unreliable. And zednik was HORRIBLE last year baring a weeks worth of goal scoring. He had a 30 game goal drought, remind me again please what else he brings to the table when he isnt scoring? Oh thats right, nothing at all. Dvorak was so useless last season even the idiot martin pondered buying him out. Also, why would I ever care what TV commentators have to say? Should they think for all of us??? The olli trade was retarded, the roberto trade was retarded, and when jay leaves it likely will be the dumbest of all. It was good to see JM let samsonov go to carolina on waivers and GIVE UP a 3rd rounder for nothing at all. It's his freaking job to find stuff out ahead of time. It's not magic, it's not unreasonible, it's his job. If I was as inept at my job Id have been fired 300 times by now. He hasnt owned up to anything he's messed up and truthfully he's just a lesser Yormark, a freaking corporate schill. Im not listing every mistake he's made, it would take far too long, but dont go waving a pile of nothingness in my face and call it progress because it absolutely isnt.

Old
08-06-2008, 05:49 PM
39ontheline

Quote:
lol, now Bouw's alienated? How, and more importantly when(?), did that happen? Last I saw Martin was wanting him to stay a Panther and avoided arbitration, which is always not a fun time for either the team or the player. Alienated? ????

the point totals did improve, just not enough. Obviously not exciting, but things DID improve.

He tried to convince Louie to stay, Louie came back with demands that couldn't be met, then Keenan traded him (why is it necessary to go through this AGAIN???).

Go re-read my comments on Olli.

85 86 and 85 isnt improvement its called stagnation. Martin the moron needs to be fired from his job. It's that simple. Calling those point totals improvement is like calling a gas price "drop" from 4 dollars down to 3.75 dollars improvement.

Closed Thread