HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

oiler fan input

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2004, 05:33 PM
Dr_Gonz0

vCash: 500
oiler fan input

I posted this proposal on the TOR board and it got a fairly warm reception, now i want to see what my fellow oiler fans think. I know pretty much everyone here has a hate-on for Darcy Tucker, but at 1.6 million, he brings pretty much the same thing smyth does at a fraction of the cost, which is, a gritty top 6 left winger. Plus too boot, he has 17 goals this season.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=53131

Thoughts?

Edit: and which would you prefer back more, colaiacovo or Kaberle?

Old
02-17-2004, 05:40 PM
Seachd

I probably wouldn't do it. Brewer and Kaberle are probably pretty close in value, so that leaves Smyth+ for Tucker and Antropov, which I wouldn't do.

Old
02-17-2004, 05:43 PM
Yanner39

Never been a big fan of Tucker. Ah what the heck, I hate the guy. But one thing I have to say is that since is 2 buddies (Corson and Green) are gone, he's focused more on hockey and has been effective for TO. I don't know. Tough one I guess. I'd really hate to see Smytty leave Edmonton.

Old
02-17-2004, 05:44 PM
Dr_Gonz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
I probably wouldn't do it. Brewer and Kaberle are probably pretty close in value, so that leaves Smyth+ for Tucker and Antropov, which I wouldn't do.
My original Proposal was Smyth, Brewer, a 3rd for Kaberle, Tucker, and Antropov.

Old
02-17-2004, 05:54 PM
Dr_Gonz0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Gonz0
My original Proposal was Smyth, Brewer, a 3rd for Kaberle, Tucker, and Antropov.
There counter proposal was Steen, Kaberle, Antropov, for Smyth and Brewer. Would so do that deal if i were KLowe.

Old
02-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
NO ANTROPOV. Why is Antropov in almost every trade rumours involving Edmonton and Toronto. Fans are complaining about Izzy being injury-prone. Yet almost every trade rumour involves injury-prone Antropov to Edmonton. No Thanks.

02-17-2004, 06:58 PM
LawnDemon

tucker a top 6 LW? you have got to be kidding me...

and i've said it before and I'll say it again - if tucker ever wears an oilers jersey i will burn mine.

Old
02-17-2004, 06:59 PM
t0mf00lery

Quote:
There counter proposal was Steen, Kaberle, Antropov, for Smyth and Brewer. Would so do that deal if i were KLowe.
Take out Antropov and Brewer and put in Tucker, Colaiacovo, Oates and Jason Smith. Then I like it.

Old
02-17-2004, 07:18 PM
WFHACommish

Quote:
I posted this proposal on the TOR board and it got a fairly warm reception, now i want to see what my fellow oiler fans think. I know pretty much everyone here has a hate-on for Darcy Tucker, but at 1.6 million, he brings pretty much the same thing smyth does at a fraction of the cost, which is, a gritty top 6 left winger. Plus too boot, he has 17 goals this season.

http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=53131

Thoughts?

Edit: and which would you prefer back more, colaiacovo or Kaberle?
Your deal makes no sense from an oiler standpoint of view. If we think we're folding, why would we trade smyth, who i think is better than tucker as well he is the heart and sould of this team. Plus I believe Lowe said he won't make a trade this season due to financial reasons. Brewer and Kaberle are close, with brewer being young. The Deal absolutely makes no sense, despite Antropov might be a good temporary 1st line Centre. But I think next season, Pouliot or Niinimaaki are close to making the big team.

Old
02-17-2004, 07:48 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFHACommish
But I think next season, Pouliot or Niinimaaki are close to making the big team.
Personally, I doubt it. Niinimaki has just lost a year of development with his shoulder injury and Pouliot has been on and off with his injury troubles this year. I'd be very surprised if they were ready. Personally, I think Brodziak is closer to being ready than either of those players and I don't think he's there yet.

That being said... I don't want Antropov at all. Nothing about his game impresses me at all. I think we're all too focused on his size...

Old
02-17-2004, 08:08 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
i don't want Lowe to even think about getting Antropov just too injury prone, more value to the leafs if they just kept him and hope he stays healthy

Old
02-17-2004, 08:25 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
i don't want Lowe to even think about getting Antropov just too injury prone, more value to the leafs if they just kept him and hope he stays healthy
Don't the Oilers have their own injury-prone player. Izzy is out of the lineup for the fifth time this season with various injuries. He's been on IR for the second time. Izzy has said this is the worst season he's had with regards to injuries and he's frustrated.

Old
02-17-2004, 08:31 PM
HFAdvisor

Tucker... ?? But Why?

ok i duno y u want tucker as part of ur trade....personally i think he's jus another checker and not much more..... WE HAVE THAT.... for that matter.... right now we have moreau, torres, laraque, pisani, chimera......... that is until chimera develops into that scorer.... anyhow... i duno jus not the player i would want bak for smyth

Old
02-17-2004, 08:45 PM
Vyse64
N64

vCash: 611
Send a message via MSN to Vyse64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Don't the Oilers have their own injury-prone player. Izzy is out of the lineup for the fifth time this season with various injuries. He's been on IR for the second time. Izzy has said this is the worst season he's had with regards to injuries and he's frustrated.
Isbister injury summary (latest first)
16-Feb-04: Ankle injury, sidelined indefinitely.
15-Feb-04: Missed 4 games (right leg injury).
02-Feb-04: Right leg injury, day-to-day.
31-Jan-04: Right leg injury, left Saturday's game.
13-Jan-04: Missed 1 game (back spasms).
11-Jan-04: Back spasms, day-to-day.
11-Dec-03: Missed 4 games (back spasms).
30-Nov-03: Back spasms, day-to-day.
18-Nov-03: Missed 5 games (neck injury).
08-Nov-03: Neck injury, day-to-day.

Old
02-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemskyFreak83
Isbister injury summary (latest first)
16-Feb-04: Ankle injury, sidelined indefinitely.
15-Feb-04: Missed 4 games (right leg injury).
02-Feb-04: Right leg injury, day-to-day.
31-Jan-04: Right leg injury, left Saturday's game.
13-Jan-04: Missed 1 game (back spasms).
11-Jan-04: Back spasms, day-to-day.
11-Dec-03: Missed 4 games (back spasms).
30-Nov-03: Back spasms, day-to-day.
18-Nov-03: Missed 5 games (neck injury).
08-Nov-03: Neck injury, day-to-day.
WOW! That's this season alone. No wonder he's frustrated. What I have a hard time grasping is how one player can be injury-prone and another player can have healthy seasons. Is the season too long. The Oilers used to be pretty healthy with injuries. Are they now becoming an injury-prone team. This season they've only had 7 games with no injuries and those were the first 7 games of the season.

Old
02-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Fists of Fuhry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
I got my fingers crossed that he'll channel all that frustration in a productive manner and come back as a mini bertuzzi next season ..

Closed Thread