HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you guys do this proposal?

Old
07-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Ledevin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
I like the idea, we will exchange a guy who has first line stats and 27G.
Two seasons with 25G+.

And we are going to get a great center player:
17GP 1G+1A.

I just hope I am the first to negociate with you when you become a GM...

For now, I would not exchange Brassard for Oby, Grab or Chip.
Chipper has 36GP - 4G + 7A. Twice the GP, 5 times the points.
Grab has 24GP - 3G + 6A. Again roughly 5 times the production.
Give them a year and we may not have center problem anymore.

No interest is an understatement.
I guess you are just fishing for reactions. You suceeded.

Case closed.
[/THREAD]
You wouldn't trade Grabovski for Brassard?!! You obviously have no clue who Brassard is.

As for the trade, the timing isn't right. We're trying to win next year and trading Higgins for a prospect is a step back. But I'm surprised to see how a lot of people here consider Brassard like a so so prospect. If he was in our prospect pool, most here would be raving about him.

Ledevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 09:08 AM
fufonzo

Send a message via ICQ to fufonzo Send a message via MSN to fufonzo
Quote:
May be I have no clue about Brassard but Higgins for any prospects except a guy who can make our roster next year is not interesting.
Not make our roster but score at least 40 points next year.
Brassard is not there yet.

About Grabovski, may be I was exagerating but the idea of exchanging Higgins for Brassard is not a good trade. Not before 2010.
We also have to be realist about prospects:
  • 1995: Terry Ryan, 8th overall;
  • 1996: Matt Higgins, 18th overall;
  • 1997: Eric Chouinard, 16th overall.
Total 155 games, 11G, 12A.
Yes, Timmins is better and yadi yada but a prospect is a prospect not an NHL player.

Finally, we will see next year what Grabovski can do. I see him making 40 to 50 points.
I may be undervalue Brassard but you may also undervalue Grabovski.

We are going for the Cup this year?
Then it is not a good idea to exchange Higgins from Brassard.

I am all for getting Brassard. Prospects for Prospects...
MaxPac for Brassard...
Or MaxPac and Carle for Brassard...

Also if I am not wrong Brassard has played 31 games in the last two seasons. 14 games in 2006-7 and 17 games in 2007-8...
How is he recovering?
You seriously are underrating Brassard. You cannot judge a player on 17 games as a 20 year old, especially, if you haven't watched those games.

I probably wouldn't pull the trigger on that deal because we want to win today, but if we were in the position we were last year, I'd pull the trigger on it.

I'm actually quite sure CBJ would pass on that deal.

fufonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
May be I have no clue about Brassard but Higgins for any prospects except a guy who can make our roster next year is not interesting...

MaxPac for Brassard...

Also if I am not wrong Brassard has played 31 games in the last two seasons. 14 games in 2006-7 and 17 games in 2007-8...
How is he recovering?
Bang on.

Higgins for Jordan Staal is okay with me. Brassard for MaxPac might be alright too. Higgins for a guy who has 1 goal in his whole 17-game NHL career?

Not this season!

Last edited by Sam I Am: 07-04-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 11:17 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Grow up for god's sake... Maybe you don't agree with the idea, but stop comparing Higgins to Iginla, who is arguably a top-5 player in the NHL. This is ridiculous to compare him to a player who is not able to stand up for himself or his teammates, who isn't able to score a goal if he's not right in the goalie's zone and who can't pass a puck to save his life.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-04-2008 at 12:34 PM.
HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Passchendaele

You, Hab fans, are so funny, I've seen people defend Grabovski, who is unable to score in the NHL so far, at AGE 24. BUT.. but.. Brassard is probably a bust himself because he didn't produce so far, at age 20 WHILE AVERAGING 9:03 MINUTES ON THE ICE.

Quote:
May be I have no clue about Brassard but Higgins for any prospects except a guy who can make our roster next year is not interesting.
Not make our roster but score at least 40 points next year.
Brassard is not there yet.

About Grabovski, may be I was exagerating but the idea of exchanging Higgins for Brassard is not a good trade. Not before 2010.
We also have to be realist about prospects:
  • 1995: Terry Ryan, 8th overall;
  • 1996: Matt Higgins, 18th overall;
  • 1997: Eric Chouinard, 16th overall.
Total 155 games, 11G, 12A.
Yes, Timmins is better and yadi yada but a prospect is a prospect not an NHL player.

Finally, we will see next year what Grabovski can do. I see him making 40 to 50 points.
I may be undervalue Brassard but you may also undervalue Grabovski.

MaxPac for Brassard...

How is he recovering?
17 games in the NHL
42 games in the AHL

17+42=59

he sat for a few games while he was recalled by Columbus IIRC.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 07-04-2008 at 12:40 PM.
Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
You, Hab fans, are so funny, I've seen people defend Grabovski, who is unable to score in the NHL so far, at AGE 24. BUT.. but.. Brassard is probably a bust himself because he didn't produce so far, at age 20 WHILE AVERAGING 9:03 MINUTES ON THE ICE.

Its one person.... who is entitled to their opinion that Brassard may be a bust.

Personally, I don't know... he's 20 years old... and has not shown a lot yet, but as you say he's still very young and could still be a good player in this league; a legit #1 centre.

BUT WE HAVE A CUP CONTENDING TEAM RIGHT NOW. Trading a young LW who scored 27 goals and 50+ points last year and has improved every year in the league for a prospect doesn't make sense to me right now. We don't need the cap room... we're not rebuilding... Higgins is a solid two way player, and Brassard would probably be Hamilton bound if he was in our organization.

Its not a deal I'm doing with this team; at this point in time.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Its one person.... who is entitled to their opinion that Brassard may be a bust.

Personally, I don't know... he's 20 years old... and has not shown a lot yet, but as you say he's still very young and could still be a good player in this league; a legit #1 centre.

BUT WE HAVE A CUP CONTENDING TEAM RIGHT NOW. Trading a young LW who scored 27 goals and 50+ points last year and has improved every year in the league for a prospect doesn't make sense to me right now. We don't need the cap room... we're not rebuilding... Higgins is a solid two way player, and Brassard would probably be Hamilton bound if he was in our organization.
Its not a deal I'm doing with this team; at this point in time.
that part bolded is completely true even if i think in the long Brassard will be a better player then Higgins not to mention filling that depth hole very nicely when it comes to centers, what has really pissed me off is posters like Pam19 who are calling Brassard a bust when he has done absolutely nothing to be compared to one. Wasn't having a possibilitie of 3 offensive lines our hole idea for this summer and Sundin, Brassard is able to do that for us at 800k a year, of course he won't bring us the same stats but he could devolop into a #1 center in 2 or 3 years and i think that possibilitie is interesting, another center that i would consider trading for is Mikko Koivu, both he and his brother would have a major confidence boost playing together, with a great 2-way game and 6'3 high Mikko could do wonders for us on the 3rd line

Pax Macioretty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
that part bolded is completely true even if i think in the long Brassard will be a better player then Higgins not to mention filling that depth hole very nicely when it comes to centers, what has really pissed me off is posters like Pam19 who are calling Brassard a bust when he has done absolutely nothing to be compared to one. Wasn't having a possibilitie of 3 offensive lines our hole idea for this summer and Sundin, Brassard is able to do that for us at 800k a year, of course he won't bring us the same stats but he could devolop into a #1 center in 2 or 3 years and i think that possibilitie is interesting, another center that i would consider trading for is Mikko Koivu, both he and his brother would have a major confidence boost playing together, with a great 2-way game and 6'3 high Mikko could do wonders for us on the 3rd line
Koivu I could see being a good addition.... Brassard I don't think gives us a big enough improvement over what we already have in the third line centre spot (Chips or Lappy, or moving someone else) to sacrifice Higgins. Frankly I'm not convinced he even makes the team... or brings more to the table right now at 20years old than a 24 year old Grabovsky brought, production wise. And for that sacrificing a Higgins (who could score 30 goals - 60points this year; while playin solid in both ends and killing penalties) makes little sense to me.

Yes in 2 or 3 years he COULD be better than Grabs, Chips, Lappy... even Higgins... but right now he isn't better... and I'm looking at the right now outlook with this team.

As far as Koivu goes though... I said in another thread... Minny has lost Rolston and probably lost Demitra this offseason.... Thats a lot of upfront scoring... they need Koivu, he's one of their top 2 centres right now and I don't see them giving him up.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote