Is Lehtonen playing tomorrow night?

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2004, 09:36 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Is Lehtonen playing tomorrow night?

I'm heading up to Cincinnati on Friday. The Wolves will be in town playing the Ducks. Will Kari be in net or is he still injured?

Old
02-13-2004, 08:09 AM
Voynich

Michael Garnett was in net on 2-11 so I think Kari must still be out injured. I could be wrong but Garnett would probably be back in the ECHL if Kari were off the IR.

Old
02-14-2004, 11:58 PM
WolfKeeper

Kari is now estimated to return middle of next week, probably in time for the game vs. Utah on the 25th.

Old
02-19-2004, 09:02 AM
sveiglar

Lehtonen played last night in Milwaukee and stopped 33 of 34 shots in a 3-1 road win over the Admirals. A successful return, I would say.

In the latest Fleury v Lehtonen thread on the prospects board, pachoo is making reference to comments made by Waddell about Kari potentially being called up in March. Does anyone have a link?

edit: never mind...
http://www.ajc.com/thrashers/content...4/18notes.html

Good luck to him!

Last edited by sveiglar: 02-19-2004 at 09:23 AM.
Old
02-19-2004, 10:44 AM
ATLThrashers15

I bet if Pasi is shaky tonight in Ottawa and Dafoe doesnt answer well on Saturday, we see Kari called up by next Friday or next Sunday.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLThrashers15
I bet if Pasi is shaky tonight in Ottawa and Dafoe doesnt answer well on Saturday, we see Kari called up by next Friday or next Sunday.

Why? It's over. DW will ride out the rest of the season with Dafoe and Pasi.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:43 AM
Pachoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mojo
Waddell himself this week said he expects the Thrashers to call up Lehtonen in the beginning of March. Seems like the Trashers plan on indoctrinating Lehtonen in the NHL the last 15 games of this season, in preparation for his role as our #1 goalie all of next year.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:59 AM
ATLThrashers15

Quote:
Ok that logic makes no sense. If you say its over, why wouldnt DW want to let Lehtonen come in and see what the NHL is like? Thats a crazy statement!

Old
02-19-2004, 01:44 PM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:
Ok that logic makes no sense. If you say its over, why wouldnt DW want to let Lehtonen come in and see what the NHL is like? Thats a crazy statement!

Why take him away from the Wolves, if they have any hopes of a playoff birth. So, DW wants him to come to Atlanta to save what season ticket holders he hopes to have left after this season. Is Lethonen going to be our Saviour? Don't rush the kid, plus it will be a big misstake if he's even considered our # 1 next year.

Old
02-19-2004, 05:29 PM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:

DW's would just be show-casing our top prospect. So, DW has already given up any hope that's left for the Thrashers to make the playoffs? DW does this every single year. When the season is over he bring up a few kids to give them some playing time. The Thrash will still get their butts kicked like always. DW says, we must finish strong and play meaningful games the rest of the year. WAKE UP everyone, DW has been saying this every single year. Bringing up Lethonen is a Public Relation Stunt! If that's what you want so be it.

Old
02-19-2004, 06:20 PM
ATLThrashers15

I bet you right now that Lehtonen could probably be more consistant than both Pasi and Byron.

Old
02-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:
I bet you right now that Lehtonen could probably be more consistant than both Pasi and Byron.
What do you want to bet? I like that your positive concerning Lethonen, but like I said he'll be no saviour for the Thrashers problems. Cassivi was called up because Byron slipped on some ice and hurt his back. Luongo and Dipieto took a while to come to NHL hockey form.

Old
02-19-2004, 11:56 PM
SlimJater

Quote:
What do you want to bet? I like that your positive concerning Lethonen, but like I said he'll be no saviour for the Thrashers problems. Cassivi was called up because Byron slipped on some ice and hurt his back. Luongo and Dipieto took a while to come to NHL hockey form.
I'd like to place a side bet on how long Hockey Mojo's bitter feelings about not making the playoffs will last.

Old
02-20-2004, 12:46 AM
cws
...in the drink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJater
I'd like to place a side bet on how long Hockey Mojo's bitter feelings about not making the playoffs will last.
Until we actually make the playoffs would be my bet.

About Lehtonen; if Atlanta is out of the running by the deadline or there-abouts, what could it possibly hurt to bring him up? Let him get a little taste of the NHL, a feeling of what it will be like. Don't play him every game obviously, but give him a couple opportunities. And yes, it would be somewhat of a PR move. I have to ask, why is that a bad thing? Us fans get to see a glimpse of the future, goodness knows we need all the hope we can get.

I highly doubt DW would hijack the Wolves playoff hopes just to see Lehtonen play some games in Atlanta. Lehtonen's schedule can be juggled to play a couple games in the bigs, without hurting Chicago and/or wearing him out. It's been done before.

Old
02-20-2004, 08:03 AM
Hockey Mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJater

That's what it's all about baby! A hockey fans dream is his team making it to the playoffs first and then a chance at the Stanley Cup. If that's not your goal for the Thrashers, go watch the Atlanta Hawks play. It's time to take the next step and this was the year with the CBA (NO HOCKEY) next year.

Closed Thread