HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calgary's Fan 960 Dean "Boomer" Molberg is nuts!

Old
07-04-2008, 12:46 AM
CanadianPantherFan

vCash: 500
Calgary's Fan 960 Dean "Boomer" Molberg is nuts!

He brought up the Florida defense today on the radio. I thought he was going to talk about how many bodies we have ,and make a joke about it which I was ready to even chuckle a bit because it's not everyday the Panthers are talked about up here.

Anyways ,he starts out by telling Rod Kerr (the main guy at Fan960 who is a fairly knowledable hockey guy) that the Panthers have no #1 or even #2 type dman- this is including Jay Bou!? Kerr and even myself thought he left out Bou because he's an RFA. ,then Boomer goes onto say on every team in the league Bou would be a #3 , in other words a second pairing Dman. Kerr brought up Ballard and Allen, he sluffed them off. Kerr said Van Ryn is a decent Dman (even though injured) ... Boomer laughed that off and said " those three are #5,#6 dman at best and giggled some more.

Being an inspiring journalist ,and a huge sports fan that knows quite a bit...this made me sick to my stomach .Here is my response and then his follow up below:

Boomer,

Your funny on occasion<<< ,but your a goofball sports broadcaster.

You know more about the Honkey Tonk Man than you do about the Panthers def. corps ,that ’s for sure.

Jay Bou a #3 dman on an NHL team?!?!? Are you on drugs ? If Bou was on Calgary he would be playing alongsie Dion or Regehr , not Hale or Sarich who are third pairing dmen at best. You also are underating Ballard/Allen among others on that backend. Listen to your bud’ Kerr, he’s not the best but at least he knows some players in the NHL. outside of Calgary unlike yourself

His response tonight sent to my inbox:

Jay Boumeester is a fine defenceman, but he's not yet an elite guy. Lidstrom, Pronger, Niedermayer, Chara...those are bonafide #1's. Not Bouwmeester, yet in Florida he's a number 1.

In Calgary, as you stated, he'd be a 3 after Dion and Regehr, which is exactly what I said. On most teams with an established defence, he'd be a 3. Which is my point.

There's a difference between being a #3 defenceman, and a 3rd pairing defenceman. Hale, as you also pointed out, is a 3rd pairing d-man at best.

Before you chirp, at least get straight what it was that I'd said.

And thanks for listening.

Dean < which is BOOMER

I agree with him that Bou is not better than a Lidstrom type ,and maybe even a borderline Top 10 dman ...but can you believe this guy So ignorant too on and off the air.

And he gets paided for what he does! Wow!

Panthers fan and hopefully non-Panthers fans thoughts please.

http://blog.rogersbroadcasting.com/b...elevant-guy-3/

The above link is the blog that I posted on after hearing his radio rant...flood his page.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 12:58 AM
zeroG

well, there are a handful of teams out there (i.e., detroit, calgary) on which you might have jay as your #3 for the sake of balance. i don't think anybody's going to believe for a minute regehr (good Dman) has the natural physical ability of jay. so, yeah, while he might not be the best defenseman on every team, he's certainly going to be a bonefide #1 (and a very good one), if he isn't already. imo, at least. we have to remember, the kid's still just beginning to hit his stride as an nhl defenseman and really hasn't had much in terms of help thus far.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:02 AM
CanadianPantherFan

I sent him a sweet reply "how many #3 type dman make World Championships/World Cups/Olympics in 2010. I'm waiting for his weak response there

Old
07-04-2008, 01:22 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

*sigh*

I can't wait for every last "hockey expert" to choke on their words. Hopefully, sooner than later.

I should start keeping a log of all the "journalists" and "experts" who keep ragging on our team so it will make it easier to contact those jerks when we finally make it into the playoffs.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:42 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

As I just said in another post, people are probably more ignorant about the Panthers than any other NHL team. And it's not going to change overnight. The most we can do is just laugh at them for their ignorance.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 04:07 AM
RoadDoggFL

Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
Tell him to name a defenseman on each team that's better than Bouw, if he rattles off a bunch of crap, tell him to name two, because he said he'd be a #3 on any team.

The man's on crack if he thinks Bouw's the 28th best defenseman in the league. I also love how he uses Calgary, Lidstrom, Pronger, Niedermayer, Chara as arguments against him being a #1. Guess that means 25 teams in the NHL don't have a #1, either. So what was his point?

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 09:18 AM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadDoggFL View Post
Tell him to name a defenseman on each team that's better than Bouw, if he rattles off a bunch of crap, tell him to name two, because he said he'd be a #3 on any team.

The man's on crack if he thinks Bouw's the 28th best defenseman in the league. I also love how he uses Calgary, Lidstrom, Pronger, Niedermayer, Chara as arguments against him being a #1. Guess that means 25 teams in the NHL don't have a #1, either. So what was his point?
exactly.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Pukboy5kroner

What a joke this guy is... are those the same dickweeds who got Jagr's agent wrong?

On Florida, Atlanta, Washington, Carolina, and Tampa he would be a #1

On the Rags, Devils, and Isles he would be a sure #1. Maybe a #2 on Pittsburgh and Phili, if you think Timonen is a better option.

On Buffalo, and Ottawa he's a definite #1. On Boston he'd be #2 behind Chara, and on Montreal you could rank him behind Markhov and maybe Komisarek if you wanted, so that would make him a #2 or #3. On toronto he would probably be #2 behind Kaberle.

So he's a #1 d-man on 10 out of 15 teams in the east.

On Columbus and St. Louis he's #1. On Nashville and Chicago he would at least be #2. He might rank #3 on Detroit, behind Lidstrom and Rafalski.

On Phoenix, Los Angeles and San Jose he's definitely #1, unless you think Blake, Jovo Boyle, or Vlasic are somehow better. On Anahiem I'd putt him at #3, and on Dallas #2, but I think he's a better d-man than Zubov.

On Edmonton, Vancouver and Colorado he's #1. He is at worst a #2 on Minnesota, although I like his complete game more than Burns or Zidlicky, and maybe a #2/#3 on Calgary, if these windbags like Rehehr that much.

So he's a #1 d-man on 8 out of 15 teams out west.

So on 18 out of 30 teams, I'd rank him as a sure #1 d-man. Possibly 2 more. And aside from a few other teams he'd be a #2 d-man.

Last edited by Pukboy5kroner: 07-04-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 10:28 AM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Well you have to consider that he does run a radio show and has to give differing opinions that sometimes go against the grain. If he voiced opinions that everyone unilaterally agreed with, then no one would tune in.

But I do think he's off when he says Jay-Bo's a #3 at best. Of course on some teams like Calgary (Dion, Regher) or last year's Ducks (Pronger, Nieds) he'd be a #3 guy, but I honestly can't name more than say a half dozen teams where Jay is not on the top pairing.

But like I said, he's a radio personality and needs to say things to get people talking. It worked this time, didn't it?

Edit: Good post, pukboy. That's a nice team-by-team analysis right there.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Venturin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post

Being an inspiring journalist ,

Your funny on occasion<<< ,but your a goofball sports broadcaster.
I think you mean aspiring journalist.

You're instead of your.

If you really want to get into journalism you'll need to improve your English skills.

Venturin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 11:02 AM
JonathanHuberdoh
Maybe.....next year?

Send a message via AIM to JonathanHuberdoh
Who is this cluck? What an idiot.

Pukboy analyzed the whole league and I agree with everything he said.

If anything, Bouwmeester is one of the most underrated defenseman in the NHL. Only we get to see what he's truly made of.

JonathanHuberdoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Pantherfan12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukboy8 View Post
What a joke this guy is... are those the same dickweeds who got Jagr's agent wrong?

On the Rags, Devils, and Isles he would be a sure #1. Maybe a #2 on Pittsburgh and Phili, if you think Timonen is a better option.

On Buffalo, and Ottawa he's a definite #1. On Boston he'd be #2 behind Chara, and on Montreal you could rank him behind Markhov and maybe Komisarek if you wanted, so that would make him a #2 or #3. On toronto he would probably be #2 behind Kaberle.

So he's a #1 d-man on 10 out of 15 teams in the east.

On Columbus and St. Louis he's #1. On Nashville and Chicago he would at least be #2. He might rank #3 on Detroit, behind Lidstrom and Rafalski.

On Phoenix, Los Angeles and San Jose he's definitely #1, unless you think Blake, Jovo Boyle, or Vlasic are somehow better. On Anahiem I'd putt him at #3, and on Dallas #2, but I think he's a better d-man than Zubov.

On Edmonton, Vancouver and Colorado he's #1. He is at worst a #2 on Minnesota, although I like his complete game more than Burns or Zidlicky, and maybe a #2/#3 on Calgary, if these windbags like Rehehr that much.

So he's a #1 d-man on 8 out of 15 teams out west.

So on 18 out of 30 teams, I'd rank him as a sure #1 d-man. Possibly 2 more. And aside from a few other teams he'd be a #3 d-man.

OF coarse the guy is a joke, he has Regehr rated better than BO?? JBO has been in the NHL for 3 years now and has more points than Regehr ever did. This past season was JBO's worst season, with 15goals and 22 assists for combined 37 points,and was still more productive then Regehr. (5goals,15 assists)

As for Dion, Although this past season was Dion had tons more points (17goals,43 assists for 60points, compaired to JBo 15 goals, 22 assists) JBo and Dion seem to put up very similar #s, the only difference is JBO is an all around better skater whereas Dion is a tough,hard hitting Dman. Both seem equal to me,which makes them both #1 Dmen.

As for Nieds on the Ducks, yes he is an all-star and future hall-of-famer, but I think JBO is a better player then he is and will become a better player in his NHL career then Nieds.
When I was in school, my instructor was from NJ,and worked with the Devils awhile back, he knew the players, Stevens,Neids,Broduer and he told me to watch Nieds play. He said that theres no doubt he's great, but watch how many times he's caught out of position,or gives up the puck. so I was watching the Cup finals ,when the Ducks won, and was watching Neids play and sure enough,he was always caught up the ice trying to make some offensive move,and thus leading OTT to an odd man break. Or, I'd see Neids make a bad pass and turn the puck over alot.

Like I said, he's a hall-of-famer,great player but if I had the chance to see Pronger-JBo on the same line instead of Neids, I'd take it in a heartbeat.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?page=Play...=page&tab=crst (its for all players if you want to search their stats)

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 11:04 AM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Here's my reply to him!!! Still waiting to hear back.

"I think you proved to alot of people that you know nothing about the Panthers defenseman. The way you talk about Bouwmeester kinda shows that especially. Bouwmeester is a #1 on the Panthers but he is not a #3 on everyteam in the league. He is at the very least a #2. Bouwmeester is a very great defenseman and went up against the other teams best players on a nightly basis and was very good defending on the PK. Oh yeah, he also led all skaters in the league last season in ice time. He was playing over 27 minutes a game & playing against the oppositions top line most of the time! You probably don't know any of this because you probably have never even watched a Florida Panthers game. You keep trying to bash the Panthers but you are only bashing your reputation and proving you know nothing about them!
Signed, Long time Panthers fan!"

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 02:23 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Boomer's latest response in my inbox this morning:

Hey, don't get me wrong. I like Bouwmeester. I'd take him in a heartbeat. My point was that it's a thin blue line in FLA.

What research do you want me to do. I watched him in junior and am very well aware as to his abilities. Let me guess...you've got him in your fantasy draft? In the real world dude, Jay Bouwmeester is an emerging blueliner who is still about a number 2-3 on most teams.

1.I am NOT a Jay-Bou "fan-boy" as he calls me. I do have him on my fantasy team though ,but that is far from the point. I am just being realistic and honest.

2. He calls him an emerging Dman ,but fails to realize he was tied for 6th last year in dman goals, and had more goals then even the mighty Chris Pronger and Regehr Bou is more about goals.... he's probably one of the best, if not best skating dman in the league today.

Last edited by CanadianPantherFan: 07-04-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old
07-04-2008, 02:34 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky84 View Post

You're instead of your.

If you really want to get into journalism you'll need to improve your English skills.

Blog/message board. That's what editors are for...good job

Old
07-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Beezer
I'm Da Better Goalie

Here was his smartass reply to my post. I guess it's safe to say I was right. He has never seen a Florida Panthers game because we never make the playoffs. What an A**hole!!!

"Dear Panthers Fan,

How have you been. It's been so long since I've seen you I've almost forgotten about you.

Signed,

The Playoffs."

Beezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:35 PM
CatscratchFever
Cup or bust!

Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezer View Post
Here was his smartass reply to my post. I guess it's safe to say I was right. He has never seen a Florida Panthers game because we never make the playoffs. What an A**hole!!!

"Dear Panthers Fan,

How have you been. It's been so long since I've seen you I've almost forgotten about you.

Signed,

The Playoffs."
That's funny, right there.

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:45 PM
+73*

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretzky84 View Post

You're instead of your.

nah, that's what copy editors are for...

+73* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 09:47 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBrown4 View Post
nah, that's what copy editors are for...
I have the brains, someone else can clean up my mess copy,editor,head editor w/e.

Calgary sports media is a joke. This Boomer guy is just one reflection of that. I bet he put the Flames past failures out of his mind too,unless he has no hockey knowledge at all which is a safe assumption. The Saddledome in the mid-late 90's used to be referred to as the "library" ,but hockey is so hardcore here now,surrrreeee A miracle run by the Flames to the finals ,and all the bangwagon fans come out in swarms. It's funny how Florida sports fans only get that bad knock against them

Old
07-04-2008, 10:20 PM
CanadianPantherFan

Boomer's response again tonight:

Jeez. Are you related to this guy? Listen...I like him and I'd take him in a second. I just don't see him as an elite guy. Great skater and he had his share of goals last year, but I just don't think you need to score goals to be an elite defenceman.

I sent another message back to him ,hopefully the last saying that...Bou's game is more than just about scoring goals ,and that being from Edmonton would be worse than being a Flames fan

Old
07-04-2008, 10:46 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianPantherFan View Post
Boomer's response again tonight:

Jeez. Are you related to this guy? Listen...I like him and I'd take him in a second. I just don't see him as an elite guy. Great skater and he had his share of goals last year, but I just don't think you need to score goals to be an elite defenceman.

I sent another message back to him ,hopefully the last saying that...Bou's game is more than just about scoring goals ,and that being from Edmonton would be worse than being a Flames fan
Heh. I don't know why you're wasting your time though, man. This guy obviously has his head up his crack. Idk, maybe it's just me, but I just laugh this stuff off when I hear it. It's not like you're going to change his mind.

Old
07-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Lux Aurumque*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukboy8 View Post
Lol.

Enstrom > Bouwmeester

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
Lol.

Enstrom > Bouwmeester
Yeah, maybe after you smoke crack.

Old
07-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Eadig

vCash: 50
Quote:
Lol.

Enstrom > Bouwmeester
I guess you are in the minority.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=532117

Eadig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Lol.

Enstrom > Bouwmeester
I'm surprised you didn't add the all-infamous mandatory by HFboard statute: "And it's not even close..."

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote