HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Finding that chemistry

Old
07-02-2008, 09:27 AM
Sockosensei

vCash: 500
Finding that chemistry

We saw this team make a handful of moves last offseason, and then take most of the season to really gel.
We all propose 50 trades and signings (and I'm no different), despite the fact we've all too much experience seeing how great parts don't necessarily make a great team.

What's the correct balance for a team in terms of making moves to improve talent, and keeping guys around for stability?

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:20 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

No matter who we get or what happens they will still have to develop a new form of chemistry
(hopefully it dosnt take as long as last year)

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Sockosensei

Agreed, every team has to find itself every year.
But I just get scared when teams try to change too much at once, because it rarely works, in any sport.
I guess the point I'm trying to make is, unless you're talking a major major upgrade at a position, I'd rather keep our own guys than go sign someone else.
Jagr being a special case -- Do you think he's still got what it takes? Because much of his leadership depends on him being able to carry the team by scoring.
(He looked so awful at times this year the logical thing is to think he's washed up -- personally I'm guessing he has one more big year left).

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 01:46 PM
NYR Viper

i think the team needs an identity...and with the signings so far i think sather has one in mind....if he can continue down this path then chemistry will come easier than last year

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 10:19 PM
In The Flesh

Sather shoots down any Chemistry the team had going every offseason. He's a moron. Do the New York Rangers always have to be active on July 1st, holy ****, I'm really sick of it. Keep what you got for a couple, see what happens. Keep starting over and the future will never end. great.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote