HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfields Starting line-up next year -for ***ts and giggles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2008, 02:50 AM
  #26
tru_gq
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: T-dot/E-town/Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,003
vCash: 500
Thanks BBO.. you must be excited for the possibility of Schremp in the Big leagues just like me. Been a long time coming and you have taken the most flack for believing in him so I hope your time of Justification is close at hand my friend.

It also looks to be a fantastic farm team we will have on hand. I love the fact the roster for springfield is becoming more potential offensive players as opposed to being filled with 3rd line prospects.

tru_gq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 03:11 AM
  #27
jumptheshark
the burn out
 
jumptheshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: hf retirement home
Country: United Nations
Posts: 56,930
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_gq View Post
Schremp makes the big club my friend...

Brule is sent to the minors to regain his scoring touch. playing top line minutes and tons of PP time should get his game back up to a level where he could be a mid season injury call up
On another board it was suggested that do to the amoun of games Brule has played--he may have to clear waivers---doesnot matter--I see Brule on the top club and Shcremp on the farm

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 03:16 AM
  #28
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 52,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
On another board it was suggested that do to the amoun of games Brule has played--he may have to clear waivers---doesnot matter--I see Brule on the top club and Shcremp on the farm
That's an interesting question, maybe Guy could ask some people in the org about that. BTW-It's becomming rather obvious that the Schremp and Brule factions are going to be rumbling before long

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:16 AM
  #29
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor
 
scoob4093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Springfield Ma.
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_gq View Post
Thought this might be fun and take our mind off the fact we lost out on the Hossa Sweepstakes

G. Potulny - Brule - R. Potulny
Trukhno - Lerg - Goulet
Reddox - Omarra - Macdonald
Jacques - Spurgeon - Bodie
Extra F Rohlfs

Chorney - Bisaillon
Peckham - Wild
Hrabal - Young

Dubnyk
Fisher

Edmonton will sign a veteran defenseman and Wild will be in Stockton from what I hear. You have to have at least one veteran defenseman around as a steadying presence. Hartford had Hutchinson around all last season and that seemed to work out well for them considering their record.

scoob4093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 01:04 PM
  #30
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 52,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob4093 View Post
Edmonton will sign a veteran defenseman and Wild will be in Stockton from what I hear. You have to have at least one veteran defenseman around as a steadying presence. Hartford had Hutchinson around all last season and that seemed to work out well for them considering their record.
Are you serious??? Wild in Stockton??? That kid belongs in the AHL. Why not sign a vet like Reynolds to be your 7th d-man???

That would really surprise me, however Wild would get more playing time in Stockton, and he'd really pile up numbers there.

I must say that I don't like the move one bit.

Any word on Simon and MicFlikier???

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 01:05 PM
  #31
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 52,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Greene Go View Post
Hey, who said that Brule wont make the Oilers?
Me amoung others.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:28 PM
  #32
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor
 
scoob4093's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Springfield Ma.
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Are you serious??? Wild in Stockton??? That kid belongs in the AHL. Why not sign a vet like Reynolds to be your 7th d-man???

That would really surprise me, however Wild would get more playing time in Stockton, and he'd really pile up numbers there.

I must say that I don't like the move one bit.

Any word on Simon and MicFlikier???
Nothing that I saw over the last month indicated that he was ready for this level. As a matter of fact Gabbinet saw more ice time than he did when they were both in the lineup. MicFlikier should be here but with Buchberger gone Simon probably won't be.

scoob4093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:28 PM
  #33
Scrodo Baggins
Registered User
 
Scrodo Baggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: E-Town
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Me amoung others.

Me too.

Scrodo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:29 PM
  #34
Scrodo Baggins
Registered User
 
Scrodo Baggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: E-Town
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
What about Bender? I'm pretty sure that they drafted him to add some toughness to the Falcons.

Scrodo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
  #35
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 52,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob4093 View Post
Nothing that I saw over the last month indicated that he was ready for this level. As a matter of fact Gabbinet saw more ice time than he did when they were both in the lineup. MicFlikier should be here but with Buchberger gone Simon probably won't be here.
Really??? I liked what I saw of the kid. Gabinet is a decent AHL d-man, and he threw some surprisingly big hits.

As for Wild, IMO he did decently enough defensively while also bringing an offensive dimension to his game. However IMO Peckham, probably Chorney, Young, and Bisaillon are at least a little farther ahead. Although with Bisaillon's injury, I wonder if he can return to that form by the start of the year???

He was definitely ahead of Anderson at least.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:35 PM
  #36
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 52,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrodo Baggins View Post
What about Bender? I'm pretty sure that they drafted him to add some toughness to the Falcons.
IMO he will probably start the year in Stockton. When Peckham graduates, he fills Peckham's role as tough d-man that can fight.

If a guy like Wild will be starting in Stockton, I see little hope for Bendfeld to start the year in Springfield unless Peckham makes the big club.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:38 PM
  #37
Oilerdiehard
Registered User
 
Oilerdiehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Greene Go View Post
Hey, who said that Brule wont make the Oilers?
I think it might be good for his confidence to at least put in a half season in the AHL.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:39 PM
  #38
TowMater14
Registered User
 
TowMater14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: OIL COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,828
vCash: 500
I know that this is a little late, but Lowe spoke VERY highly of Schremp yesterday. He said for the first time that he has been a prospect he has been putting a tonne of work in and has heard amazing things! Woohoo

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:41 PM
  #39
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 52,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce33 View Post
I know that this is a little late, but Lowe spoke VERY highly of Schremp yesterday. He said for the first time that he has been a prospect he has been putting a tonne of work in and has heard amazing things! Woohoo
It was Lowe??? I thoght Mac-T was the guy that spoke highly of Robbie???

Can anyone post direct links, I clicked on a Mac-T interview but is was mostly about Joni and Visnovsky (no mention of Robbie). Thanks!!!

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:43 PM
  #40
Scrodo Baggins
Registered User
 
Scrodo Baggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: E-Town
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
Barring any more trades or signings, i still don't see Schremp making the team out of camp.

Brule - definitely not.

I wonder if MacT will throw a fit if Klowe doesn't sign Reasoner...... I suppose that Howson could always get him.

Scrodo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:44 PM
  #41
TowMater14
Registered User
 
TowMater14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: OIL COUNTRY
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
It was Lowe??? I thoght Mac-T was the guy that spoke highly of Robbie???

Can anyone post direct links, I clicked on a Mac-T interview but is was mostly about Joni and Visnovsky (no mention of Robbie). Thanks!!!
No, I am pretty sure that they were talking to Lowe in that interview. But either way I have NEVER seen the Oilers brass talk about him in that manner. IMO he has a very good chance of making the big club this year or they wouldn'y be even putting this out there.

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:51 PM
  #42
Schwindty*
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 41
vCash: 500
I can guarentee Les Reaney will be starting in the AHL this year, dude was training like a mad man this summer back home! Wouldnt be surprised if he made the top two lines.

Schwindty* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 05:30 PM
  #43
Louiss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob4093 View Post
Edmonton will sign a veteran defenseman and Wild will be in Stockton from what I hear. You have to have at least one veteran defenseman around as a steadying presence. Hartford had Hutchinson around all last season and that seemed to work out well for them considering their record.
they will sign a veteran defensemen but they will probably carry 8 dmen anyway... so Wild should be there also

Louiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 06:19 PM
  #44
Oilerdiehard
Registered User
 
Oilerdiehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
It was Lowe??? I thoght Mac-T was the guy that spoke highly of Robbie???

Can anyone post direct links, I clicked on a Mac-T interview but is was mostly about Joni and Visnovsky (no mention of Robbie). Thanks!!!
Things are looking good for Robbie. It looks like he has finally translated his on ice effort and work ethic to his off ice work ethic. That seems to be exactly what Lowe and MacT have been wanting for him.

I wonder if MacT might consider what he said last season. That he could see Schremp possibly breaking in on the 4th line with somewhat limited ES minutes and lots of PP time.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 02:29 AM
  #45
tru_gq
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: T-dot/E-town/Vancity
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,003
vCash: 500
Is he staying in LA for the entire summer.. or is it in 2 week stints etc??? Not sure if Chad Moreaus training program is a full summer long event or if he just trains them on the excercises and leaves them on their own??

Can someone elaborate on this

tru_gq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 03:07 AM
  #46
Oilerdiehard
Registered User
 
Oilerdiehard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_gq View Post
Is he staying in LA for the entire summer.. or is it in 2 week stints etc??? Not sure if Chad Moreaus training program is a full summer long event or if he just trains them on the excercises and leaves them on their own??

Can someone elaborate on this
I am not sure I hope he keeps going back. He must be. I know originally it was supposed to be 2 weeks but he stayed an additional couple of weeks I think. MacT is still talking about it so I wonder if he decided to stay most of the Summer?

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 03:40 AM
  #47
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,250
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
I can tell you that Schremp is in California right now. I can't tell you if that's 100% for certain because he's working out with Chad Moreau right now though.

__________________
Listen live to The Pipeline Show or find the audio archives and our blog at: www.thepipelineshow.com
Guy Flaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 03:43 AM
  #48
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 52,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
I can tell you that Schremp is in California right now. I can't tell you if that's 100% for certain because he's working out with Chad Moreau right now though.
Sorry Guy, it's getting late here and my brain is turning to mush after a hard day at work.

100% sure he's in California

or

100% sure that he's currently working with Moreau wherever Moreau is possibly California, possibly elsewhere???

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 04:26 AM
  #49
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner
 
Guy Flaming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Press Box & on Air
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,250
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Sorry Guy, it's getting late here and my brain is turning to mush after a hard day at work.

100% sure he's in California

or

100% sure that he's currently working with Moreau wherever Moreau is possibly California, possibly elsewhere???
He is definitely in California, I talked to him briefly yesterday. I don't know if he's working out right now.

By the way, you're earlier question about Brule and waivers... I got the official word and it's mentioned in here.

Guy Flaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:09 PM
  #50
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 52,674
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
He is definitely in California, I talked to him briefly yesterday. I don't know if he's working out right now.

By the way, you're earlier question about Brule and waivers... I got the official word and it's mentioned in here.
Thanks a ton there Guy, I just created a thread so that this gets seen by the entire board. Exceptional article and very informative.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.