HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Springfields Starting line-up next year -for ***ts and giggles

Old
07-03-2008, 02:50 AM
tru_gq

vCash: 500
Thanks BBO.. you must be excited for the possibility of Schremp in the Big leagues just like me. Been a long time coming and you have taken the most flack for believing in him so I hope your time of Justification is close at hand my friend.

It also looks to be a fantastic farm team we will have on hand. I love the fact the roster for springfield is becoming more potential offensive players as opposed to being filled with 3rd line prospects.

tru_gq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 03:11 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_gq View Post
Schremp makes the big club my friend...

Brule is sent to the minors to regain his scoring touch. playing top line minutes and tons of PP time should get his game back up to a level where he could be a mid season injury call up
On another board it was suggested that do to the amoun of games Brule has played--he may have to clear waivers---doesnot matter--I see Brule on the top club and Shcremp on the farm

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 03:16 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
On another board it was suggested that do to the amoun of games Brule has played--he may have to clear waivers---doesnot matter--I see Brule on the top club and Shcremp on the farm
That's an interesting question, maybe Guy could ask some people in the org about that. BTW-It's becomming rather obvious that the Schremp and Brule factions are going to be rumbling before long

07-03-2008, 08:16 AM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Quote:
Thought this might be fun and take our mind off the fact we lost out on the Hossa Sweepstakes

G. Potulny - Brule - R. Potulny
Trukhno - Lerg - Goulet
Reddox - Omarra - Macdonald
Jacques - Spurgeon - Bodie
Extra F Rohlfs

Chorney - Bisaillon
Peckham - Wild
Hrabal - Young

Dubnyk
Fisher

Edmonton will sign a veteran defenseman and Wild will be in Stockton from what I hear. You have to have at least one veteran defenseman around as a steadying presence. Hartford had Hutchinson around all last season and that seemed to work out well for them considering their record.

scoob4093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob4093 View Post
Edmonton will sign a veteran defenseman and Wild will be in Stockton from what I hear. You have to have at least one veteran defenseman around as a steadying presence. Hartford had Hutchinson around all last season and that seemed to work out well for them considering their record.
Are you serious??? Wild in Stockton??? That kid belongs in the AHL. Why not sign a vet like Reynolds to be your 7th d-man???

That would really surprise me, however Wild would get more playing time in Stockton, and he'd really pile up numbers there.

I must say that I don't like the move one bit.

Any word on Simon and MicFlikier???

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Greene Go View Post
Hey, who said that Brule wont make the Oilers?
Me amoung others.

Old
07-03-2008, 02:28 PM
scoob4093
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to scoob4093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Are you serious??? Wild in Stockton??? That kid belongs in the AHL. Why not sign a vet like Reynolds to be your 7th d-man???

That would really surprise me, however Wild would get more playing time in Stockton, and he'd really pile up numbers there.

I must say that I don't like the move one bit.

Any word on Simon and MicFlikier???
Nothing that I saw over the last month indicated that he was ready for this level. As a matter of fact Gabbinet saw more ice time than he did when they were both in the lineup. MicFlikier should be here but with Buchberger gone Simon probably won't be.

scoob4093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Scrodo Baggins

Quote:
Me amoung others.

Me too.

Scrodo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:29 PM
Scrodo Baggins

What about Bender? I'm pretty sure that they drafted him to add some toughness to the Falcons.

Old
07-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Nothing that I saw over the last month indicated that he was ready for this level. As a matter of fact Gabbinet saw more ice time than he did when they were both in the lineup. MicFlikier should be here but with Buchberger gone Simon probably won't be here.
Really??? I liked what I saw of the kid. Gabinet is a decent AHL d-man, and he threw some surprisingly big hits.

As for Wild, IMO he did decently enough defensively while also bringing an offensive dimension to his game. However IMO Peckham, probably Chorney, Young, and Bisaillon are at least a little farther ahead. Although with Bisaillon's injury, I wonder if he can return to that form by the start of the year???

He was definitely ahead of Anderson at least.

Old
07-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrodo Baggins View Post
What about Bender? I'm pretty sure that they drafted him to add some toughness to the Falcons.
IMO he will probably start the year in Stockton. When Peckham graduates, he fills Peckham's role as tough d-man that can fight.

If a guy like Wild will be starting in Stockton, I see little hope for Bendfeld to start the year in Springfield unless Peckham makes the big club.

Old
07-03-2008, 02:38 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Greene Go View Post
Hey, who said that Brule wont make the Oilers?
I think it might be good for his confidence to at least put in a half season in the AHL.

Oilerdiehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:39 PM
TowMater14

I know that this is a little late, but Lowe spoke VERY highly of Schremp yesterday. He said for the first time that he has been a prospect he has been putting a tonne of work in and has heard amazing things! Woohoo

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce33 View Post
I know that this is a little late, but Lowe spoke VERY highly of Schremp yesterday. He said for the first time that he has been a prospect he has been putting a tonne of work in and has heard amazing things! Woohoo
It was Lowe??? I thoght Mac-T was the guy that spoke highly of Robbie???

Can anyone post direct links, I clicked on a Mac-T interview but is was mostly about Joni and Visnovsky (no mention of Robbie). Thanks!!!

Old
07-03-2008, 02:43 PM
Scrodo Baggins

Barring any more trades or signings, i still don't see Schremp making the team out of camp.

Brule - definitely not.

I wonder if MacT will throw a fit if Klowe doesn't sign Reasoner...... I suppose that Howson could always get him.

Old
07-03-2008, 02:44 PM
TowMater14

Quote:

Can anyone post direct links, I clicked on a Mac-T interview but is was mostly about Joni and Visnovsky (no mention of Robbie). Thanks!!!
No, I am pretty sure that they were talking to Lowe in that interview. But either way I have NEVER seen the Oilers brass talk about him in that manner. IMO he has a very good chance of making the big club this year or they wouldn'y be even putting this out there.

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Schwindty*

I can guarentee Les Reaney will be starting in the AHL this year, dude was training like a mad man this summer back home! Wouldnt be surprised if he made the top two lines.

Schwindty* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 05:30 PM
Louiss

Quote:
they will sign a veteran defensemen but they will probably carry 8 dmen anyway... so Wild should be there also

Louiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 06:19 PM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:

Things are looking good for Robbie. It looks like he has finally translated his on ice effort and work ethic to his off ice work ethic. That seems to be exactly what Lowe and MacT have been wanting for him.

I wonder if MacT might consider what he said last season. That he could see Schremp possibly breaking in on the 4th line with somewhat limited ES minutes and lots of PP time.

Old
07-04-2008, 02:29 AM
tru_gq

Is he staying in LA for the entire summer.. or is it in 2 week stints etc??? Not sure if Chad Moreaus training program is a full summer long event or if he just trains them on the excercises and leaves them on their own??

Can someone elaborate on this

tru_gq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 03:07 AM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Is he staying in LA for the entire summer.. or is it in 2 week stints etc??? Not sure if Chad Moreaus training program is a full summer long event or if he just trains them on the excercises and leaves them on their own??

Can someone elaborate on this
I am not sure I hope he keeps going back. He must be. I know originally it was supposed to be 2 weeks but he stayed an additional couple of weeks I think. MacT is still talking about it so I wonder if he decided to stay most of the Summer?

Old
07-04-2008, 03:40 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
I can tell you that Schremp is in California right now. I can't tell you if that's 100% for certain because he's working out with Chad Moreau right now though.

07-04-2008, 03:43 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
I can tell you that Schremp is in California right now. I can't tell you if that's 100% for certain because he's working out with Chad Moreau right now though.
Sorry Guy, it's getting late here and my brain is turning to mush after a hard day at work.

100% sure he's in California

or

100% sure that he's currently working with Moreau wherever Moreau is possibly California, possibly elsewhere???

Old
07-04-2008, 04:26 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Sorry Guy, it's getting late here and my brain is turning to mush after a hard day at work.

100% sure he's in California

or

100% sure that he's currently working with Moreau wherever Moreau is possibly California, possibly elsewhere???
He is definitely in California, I talked to him briefly yesterday. I don't know if he's working out right now.

By the way, you're earlier question about Brule and waivers... I got the official word and it's mentioned in here.

Guy Flaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 01:09 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Flaming View Post
He is definitely in California, I talked to him briefly yesterday. I don't know if he's working out right now.

By the way, you're earlier question about Brule and waivers... I got the official word and it's mentioned in here.
Thanks a ton there Guy, I just created a thread so that this gets seen by the entire board. Exceptional article and very informative.