HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do you think is the worse contract on our team?

Old
07-07-2008, 07:50 AM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler Kills Kommies View Post
But Smyth is more than just scoring, he also brings great leadership that any team would die to have.
Fair point.

Though I have to wonder when this great leadership that he (and Sakic) provide will manifest itself in a team that consistently struggles with effort...

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Pete Mitchell
"Watch the canopy!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco_Avs View Post
With Smyth AND Tucker we can also have a body in front on both powerplay units.
We had that last year with Bruno and Smyth. I'd take Bruno any day over Tucker.

Pete Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 03:03 PM
NWAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekic42 View Post
Point shots don't need to be hard to be effective. Just ask Nik Lidstrom.
They may not be the be all and end all of a powerplay but if you look at this team say with Rob Blake and then right after he left you could tell that it was a big missing piece. I do agree that accurate shots can be enough but there is nothing like a booming slapper to create a juicy rebound.

NWAvsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 03:25 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWAvsFan View Post
They may not be the be all and end all of a powerplay but if you look at this team say with Rob Blake and then right after he left you could tell that it was a big missing piece. I do agree that accurate shots can be enough but there is nothing like a booming slapper to create a juicy rebound.
Not really, the Blake-less powerplay of 06-07 was like top-5 in the league IIRC

WarriorOfGandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Draft Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
Not really, the Blake-less powerplay of 06-07 was like top-5 in the league IIRC
4th. We dropped from 79 pp goals to 49.

For the most part, it was the same personnel.

13 players in '06-'07 combined to score 226 pp points. 10 of those players - who scored 217 of those 226 points - were back last year. And those 10 dropped from 217 pp points to a whopping 119.

The only player to increase his PP output was Jordan Leopold (who doubled his output from 1 pt to 2 )!

The highest scoring newcomer was Ryan Smyth with 8 points (or, one less than Tyler Arnason).

Last edited by Draft Dodger: 07-07-2008 at 07:07 PM.
Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-07-2008, 07:04 PM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 4250
Arnason

R S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 03:00 AM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptear187 View Post
We had that last year with Bruno and Smyth. I'd take Bruno any day over Tucker.
Eh. I never really saw Bruno as the deflection/rebound type. Better behind the net and such.

El_Loco_Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Loco_Avs View Post
Eh. I never really saw Bruno as the deflection/rebound type. Better behind the net and such.
Yeah, I am expecting Tucker to be more of a Tasmanian Devil type, sort of like Svatos, scrambling for position and loose pucks around the net. It's been a few years since I've seen Tucker play, though.

And Smyth is probably our worst contract, but we have a lot of good contracts. Remember that guy Milan Hejduk? Maybe he'll come back to form and be the biggest bargain in the league. No one's really talking about him anymore, which is kinda sad.

Gumballhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 02:25 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Record Robot View Post
Yeah, I am expecting Tucker to be more of a Tasmanian Devil type, sort of like Svatos, scrambling for position and loose pucks around the net. It's been a few years since I've seen Tucker play, though.

And Smyth is probably our worst contract, but we have a lot of good contracts. Remember that guy Milan Hejduk? Maybe he'll come back to form and be the biggest bargain in the league. No one's really talking about him anymore, which is kinda sad.
I love Milan but injuries have slowed him down a bit the last few years; and I honestly mean no disrespect towards Paul Stastny or Milan Hejduk but any winger playing with Sakic and Forsberg during their primes as centers probably makes wingers look even better than they actually are. That being said, I think the RMP line has some stuff to show us this year that will raise some eyebrows if they can stay healthy and together.

[edit...to keep the post on topic, the worst contract IMHO is probably Tyler Arnasson...not because of the money but because he seems to be locked in as a third line center...which I don't feel does him or the team justice. He did well with more ice-time which to me means he's a poor teams second line center and not physical enough of a player to be our much needed defensive third line center. He also finds it hard to make a living as a winger on our top two lines. I guess my complaint is not necessarily the money but his role with this contract...maybe Tony G can shuffle things a bit and find a better role for Tyler...who knows.]

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2008, 05:07 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Hannan. Not even a contest. He may very well have been our worst defender last season.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2008, 05:43 PM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Hannan. Not even a contest. He may very well have been our worst defender last season.
Please.

WarriorOfGandhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 03:36 PM
Nordique

Foote, when you consider the price you paid to bring him home on top of his contract.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordique View Post
Foote, when you consider the price you paid to bring him home on top of his contract.

Huis Clos* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2008, 04:12 PM
jfc64

Clearly the owners profit. It will continue forever how bad they are. They are doing alright so far. Just the option of having bad owners making all that money...they are filthy rich. Only because they had money from the beginning...I want some money too.

When it comes to spoilt hockeyplayers...just have to say, if there were a spectator's organization, I would demand lower ticket prices by 50%, or else we don't go to a game...the players...maybe Smyth...but I would have signed him at that salary anyway...underpaid? Stastny.

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote