HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wouldn't Florida fit Jagr best?

Old
07-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Randall Graves*

vCash: 500
Jagrs massive ego could make him do something like this, instead of going to a team where he could win a cup I could totally see him going to a team with lesser known players just to be the 'man' but he's not capable of leading a team to the cup.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Panthers_Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorhtPortFL View Post
If he wants fun in the sun, and a contending team (well...at least making the playoffs), you are looking at the wrong Florida team.

Jagr to the Bolts wouldn't be too shabby. They still need a solid number 1 goalie but up front they are solid, and with Jagr, would be excellent.

Forget the Panthers, they are a franchis that is years away from contending, even for a playoff spot. You really think they are better than Washington? The Bolts? heck, even Carolina made some noise this offseason. Never going to happen.
The Panthers only real hole is on their 1st line. I think I am not being a homer in saying that the Panthers have arguably the best defense in the division. Vokun is no slouch either. The bottom 6 is filled with solid players. I think adding Jagr could definitely end the Panthers' 8 year streak.

Would they run away with the division? Absolutely not but I could see them winning the division or getting the 7th or 8th seed with the addition of Jagr or someone like Demitra.

Panthers_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 07:22 PM
AvalancheWarning

Send a message via MSN to AvalancheWarning Send a message via Yahoo to AvalancheWarning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers_Fan View Post
The Panthers only real hole is on their 1st line. I think I am not being a homer in saying that the Panthers have arguably the best defense in the division. Vokun is no slouch either. The bottom 6 is filled with solid players. I think adding Jagr could definitely end the Panthers' 8 year streak.

Would they run away with the division? Absolutely not but I could see them winning the division or getting the 7th or 8th seed with the addition of Jagr or someone like Demitra.
Having the best defense in that division doesn't necessarily constitute bragging rights but i think they could be in the playoff picture if they could snag Jagr and JBo remains in the picture. But those don't seem in Florida's favor right now

AvalancheWarning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 07:29 PM
RazorRamon

I really see him going to Edmonton if he doesn't take the deal that Omsk offered him.

In Edmonton he'd definitely be "the man", he'd have a chance to play with Hemsky, and I think that Edmonton will do really well this upcoming season. Maybe not Stanley Cup contenders, but I think they'll definitely make the playoffs as long as Garon plays as well as he did last year.

RazorRamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvalancheWarning View Post
Having the best defense in that division doesn't necessarily constitute bragging rights but i think they could be in the playoff picture if they could snag Jagr and JBo remains in the picture. But those don't seem in Florida's favor right now
Why? Because beat writers with no source says he's unhappy here? I've emailed every single "journalist" who's claimed Bo's on his way out, and not one has been able to supply a source from which these rumors are coming from.

I wouldn't bank on Bo leaving Florida until he's on the plane.

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:39 PM
AvalancheWarning

Send a message via MSN to AvalancheWarning Send a message via Yahoo to AvalancheWarning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Why? Because beat writers with no source says he's unhappy here? I've emailed every single "journalist" who's claimed Bo's on his way out, and not one has been able to supply a source from which these rumors are coming from.

I wouldn't bank on Bo leaving Florida until he's on the plane.
Well the only true source would be JBo and doubt those writers hopped on replying to your emails. I dont doubt that he could recieve an offersheet or be traded if he is unhappy. Time will tell but if i were Florida i'd be giving him whatever he wants. And if they are trying and hes still saying no that would give me a good sense that he is not too happy there and hes hoping something will happen.

Old
07-03-2008, 08:49 PM
AvalancheWarning

Then again maybe they are hoping for an offersheet. So they can just match instead of negotiate. Or take their 1st rounders and run.

Old
07-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Karan

No. Avangard Omsk would fit Jagr best...

Karan is offline   Reply With Quote