HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chances of an Offer Sheet?

Old
07-03-2008, 10:10 AM
Delat

vCash: 500
Anyway I wouldn't any offer sheet until everyone in my own team is signed!!
Just a small protection.

Delat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Michael Scott*

I think we should throw one at Vermette.

Michael Scott* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:13 AM
goliath5151

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbulger View Post
I think we should trade for this guy.

Havent really seen LA's players play alot so not sure if this is good value so if i am way off i am soory.

To LA:
Halak
Ficsher
Maxwell

To MTL:
LaBarder
O'Sullivan

Add picks

This give LA an NHL reader goaile this year along with our top center prospect (should be nhl ready same time as Doughty, Hickey, etc. Any also add to one scarey looking future D.

Doughty-Johnson
Ficsher-Hickey

Montreal all just a young speedy center to center there third line and a back-up young goaltender with a little more game experience that halak.

Thats one of the worst proposals ive ever seen. Brutal for montreal.

goliath5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:34 AM
TheTriad

PMB, O'Sullivan, 2 talented, speedy, small guys, not exactly what we lack....we need size and grit.

And for your information, Lemaire barely plays Bouchard at C, for the exact same reason why we shouldn't sign him, he is way too small to compete with a regular C in the league. Saku is stronger and has more grit than him.......so no thanx.....we better move Sergei to Center.

TheTriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 10:52 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange View Post
In Montreal's position, it's a bad idea to make offers to RFAs. First, you need to overpay for any chance of a return. This will have an effect on your own RFA negotiations, eating away at cap space. This in turn will make it harder to sign our own RFAs and make them ripe candidates for offers from other teams. Since we have a young team with plenty of good RFAs, this would be a terrible situation to be in. Let's not go there.
based on no signings that isnt that big a problem because we have the cap space to accept most deals and the only guy we have this year thats potentially worth a massive rfa contract is kosty sr and he signed. depending on how things go in the future (not even next off season but most likely the year after) we might have cap problems but by then some of the college kids and guys in hamilton should be ready to step up and play for the big team even

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:16 AM
MastaK

Halak is RFA right? And still not signed right?...If I was another team's GM I'd offer him something..

MastaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 11:36 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastaK View Post
Halak is RFA right? And still not signed right?...If I was another team's GM I'd offer him something..
chances are gainey would just match it given we have a lot of money under the cap, and if he didnt match it, we'd be getting a fairly significant amount of compensation (my assumption is anything for just a 2nd rd pick he matches, anything for a 1st and a 3rd he walks away)

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 12:14 PM
dre2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Evidently if PMB wasn't a quebecer, that type of comment would not have been made.....Only 3 seasons of around 60ish points in a great offensive system that runs Jacques Lemaire.....Just bench the guy.....

Having said that, I would want to be much bigger at center but since nobody will trade us what EVERYBODY wants, we need to draft them...Hope it will be addressed in the future drafts......like real soon.....let's addressed it like we addressed the d-men depth problem....
Anyone that thinks Lemaire runs a trap, defense only oriented system has never seen the Wild play. Since the lockout, that hasn't been the case. I watch the Wild quite a lot (huge Gaborik & Koivu fan) and while there is emphasis on back checking, there isn't a whole lot of defense going on like everyone thinks there is. Try and convince me that a defense with Johnsson, Burns, Numelin and Schultz is geared towards a system like he ran in NJ or older Wild teams.

dre2112 is online now   Reply With Quote