HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Morganti: Trade deadline questions have simple answers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2004, 05:02 PM
  #1
Terryble
Registered User
 
Terryble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Red Bank Armory
Country: United States
Posts: 265
vCash: 500
Morganti: Trade deadline questions have simple answers

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column..._al&id=1736669

My fave:

Still, there are assets on the roster, and as soon as Mark Messier tells Sather what to do, there will be a plan of action.

Terryble is offline  
Old
02-17-2004, 05:08 PM
  #2
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
ah, a nuclear wasteland. Seems like a good nickname for this team....though i feel dirty even calling it a team.

Edge is offline  
Old
02-17-2004, 05:39 PM
  #3
riz
Registered User
 
riz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,478
vCash: 500
Speaking of Mess, I bought a hockey mag while in Finland that had a story about Mark and some comments from him. He said that his goal for the future would be to play professionally in the same team with his son who will be draft eligible this spring. I'm not jumping to any conclusions but if there is no lockout (or even if there is) I'll go on a limb and predict that the Rangers draft the younger Messier as mandated by the Captain and the Mess himself will carry on for a few more years :p

Argh....now there's a worst case scenario for ya.

riz is offline  
Old
02-17-2004, 05:42 PM
  #4
True Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 15,018
vCash: 500
I actually like this

"At this point, you have to wonder if Sather could manage a Kool Aid stand"

True Blue is offline  
Old
02-17-2004, 05:57 PM
  #5
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Riz
suppossedbly mess will call it a career after this year, thats the word from the all-star game, now what he does next season who knows, but one thing i can say is when he was asked whats the hardest thing about playing at his age he said losing, another year and no playoffs he will either retire or maybe smarten up and sign with a good team where he will be role player

i still think there is a slim chance he may ask to be traded at the deadline once we are out of it and sather trades kovalev

Janerixon is offline  
Old
02-17-2004, 06:00 PM
  #6
nikefella
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 12
vCash: 500
Speaking of trades, anyone else think that nedved should get the boot?

nikefella is offline  
Old
02-17-2004, 06:11 PM
  #7
Janerixon
Registered User
 
Janerixon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 3,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikefella
Speaking of trades, anyone else think that nedved should get the boot?
yeah, he only shows up 1 out of every 2 years

he has been awful this season
last season he was our best player on numerous occassions and our most consistent foward
the year before that he was invisible and was being booed at every home game
the year before that was his best season in recent years with the czech line where he led the team in points

he may be due for a better season next year, but im tired of his lax play, id rather we dump him for youth and go with kids next year

the way i see it we have holik, lundmark and moore down the middle, we need to add another center who can win faceoffs and can bring an energy game, on a normal team that would be holik's role but he is our leading scorer and i like the rucinsky-holik-jagr line, id rather we bring in another guy for the 3rd or 4th line

Janerixon is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 01:34 AM
  #8
Smash255
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Massapequa
Posts: 2,016
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Smash255
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikefella
Speaking of trades, anyone else think that nedved should get the boot?
Finding takers may be a problem. We saw how long it took one overpaid whiny Czech that can play D to get traded, granted Nedved doesn't make nearly as much as Jagr, but he is a whiny overpaid Czech that plays no D with less skill

Smash255 is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 07:31 AM
  #9
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,859
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255
Finding takers may be a problem. We saw how long it took one overpaid whiny Czech that can play D to get traded, granted Nedved doesn't make nearly as much as Jagr, but he is a whiny overpaid Czech that plays no D with less skill
No offense but it helps to know about something to discuss it intelligently.

Nedved is on the end of his contract (although there is a club option for next season). And he has not been anything close to "whiny" while a Ranger. If anything, I think he has surprised fans by the way he has conducted himself. When he was the target of the Garden faithful's ire he took the boos, looked at himself and blamed no one but himself. He is not a lazy player (he has not produced offensively like the Rangers had hoped) but he he is not lazy or soft. And he is not awful defensively.

It helps to actually watch a player play instead of just regurgitating board stereotypes about a player.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 10:43 AM
  #10
Larry Melnyk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Gloomsville, USA
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
No offense but it helps to know about something to discuss it intelligently.

Nedved is on the end of his contract (although there is a club option for next season). And he has not been anything close to "whiny" while a Ranger. If anything, I think he has surprised fans by the way he has conducted himself. When he was the target of the Garden faithful's ire he took the boos, looked at himself and blamed no one but himself. He is not a lazy player (he has not produced offensively like the Rangers had hoped) but he he is not lazy or soft. And he is not awful defensively.

It helps to actually watch a player play instead of just regurgitating board stereotypes about a player.
While i agree with you on his contract and atttitude--why would anybody with a wife like his whine anyway?--- but, persoanlly, I have found him lazy, inconsistent, fairly soft, and a Horrible defensive player as his team worst -11 would indicate...I'm sorry, Nedved has indeed been a disgrace this year..I'd be amazed if any team with cup aspirations would add this years model of Nedved..

Larry Melnyk is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 05:46 PM
  #11
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by riz
Speaking of Mess, I bought a hockey mag while in Finland that had a story about Mark and some comments from him. He said that his goal for the future would be to play professionally in the same team with his son who will be draft eligible this spring. I'm not jumping to any conclusions but if there is no lockout (or even if there is) I'll go on a limb and predict that the Rangers draft the younger Messier as mandated by the Captain and the Mess himself will carry on for a few more years :p

Argh....now there's a worst case scenario for ya.

i'm sure moose will just sign a one day contract with which ever AHL team his son might be on. what AHL wouldn't want that sort of publicity stunt?

n8 is offline  
Old
02-18-2004, 06:25 PM
  #12
ddheyman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Cliffside Park, NJ
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8
i'm sure moose will just sign a one day contract with which ever AHL team his son might be on. what AHL wouldn't want that sort of publicity stunt?
Worked for Gordie Howe about 3 or 4 times ...

ddheyman is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.