HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Western Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Western Europe Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Netherlands, Spain

Swiss hockey players in NHL/AHL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-13-2010, 04:32 AM
  #351
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
Of course it's allowed. I even made your thread a sticky!
Too much of honor for me
Thank you!

swissexpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 03:14 AM
  #352
jonas2244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Have a look at the WHL scoring list:

http://www.whl.ca/stats/show

Not bad, Mr.Bärtschi.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 04:15 AM
  #353
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonas2244 View Post
Have a look at the WHL scoring list:

http://www.whl.ca/stats/show

Not bad, Mr.Bärtschi.
As long as he outscores guys like top3 2011 (Nugent-Hopkins) or 2010 #4 Pick (Johansen) I can see him going the "Nino-way" to a top10 Draft Pick, especially if he'll have a good WJC...
I know it's still early in the season, but his numbers are way better so far than Nino's were last year.
He is also Top 3 among all Rookies in the CHL.
With Ty Rattie playing beside him, he'll get a good help to stay productive. A nice playoff run would also be good for his pre-Draft ranking and the Hawks are real contenders for the trophy, especially if Nino goes back during the season...

swissexpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 08:15 AM
  #354
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Bartschi is definitely impressive !
As a rookie, he is leading with 19points in 12 games. the second is at 11points !!

http://www.whl.ca/stats/statdisplay....ason=&confId=0

i actually just started a thread about him on the prospect forum to collect information and to understand who is benefitting of whom (Tye Ratie and Bartschi):

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=832420

it is interesting to note that he is 4th overall in the WHL, that the 3rd is Tye Ratie, his linemate and that 1st and 2nd are 2 players from the Vancouver Giants.

I agree that the points he shows are impressive ... and maybe better than el Nino, yet Nino has size ... unlike Bartschi ... this will be more detrimental as years pass.
And the big guys muscle up and catch up for the weakness.

I am still wondering what his potential is.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 09:02 AM
  #355
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,184
vCash: 500
just copied my post to answer you

swissexpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 11:30 AM
  #356
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
just copied my post to answer you
Don't take it baddly !! i read your answer ... and agree with you and appreciate your opinion. Yet i am still wondering what his potential is. Meaning would he make it on a 2nd line or a 3rd line in NHL.

Due to his size, i do not see him as a first liner 60 or + points a regular season. Then he outscores the rookies, but he is older than most of them. then he is 4th overall in points but we can see that, as you point out Ty Ratie is paired to him, we also see that the 1st and 2nd overall are also paired together therefore they make each other stronger. Finally we are at the beginning of the season.

This is why i posted it on the prospect forum ... to try to fish opinions of a scout or knowledgable experienced hockey lover that saw him on ice several times and who could share his views.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2010, 10:51 PM
  #357
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Roman Wick

Has been now playing with the Bingo for some time. No points scored so far. And no news on him.

Has anyone seen, read, heard ... whatever other sense on him lately ??

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:24 AM
  #358
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,184
vCash: 500
I really think he's playing minor minutes on the 3rd/4th line, what leads to a minor scoring effort what leads to less minutes on ice etc... It's a circle of the devil.
I made this guess because he only has 1-2 shots per game, I haven't watched a game of him.
I had high hopes on him, especially in the scoring section, we knew he isn't a grinder, so his goal had to be lighting up the lamp very often!
Even our young defenders are able to put up big numbers in this league and Juray Simek, who seemed to be nothing special on a Swiss team, led by an amazing Roman Wick, is kind of a scorer there...
It also could be a mental thing, he's maybe not that fighter, that you have to be in this league. The reportage i saw in swiss TV a few months ago didn't look like he and Blindenbacher really want this badly. They were like "let's go and see" or "It's ok to start in the AHL, the NHL will come automatically" what made me thinking...
I wish Wick had more "Steiner-mentality", that would help him a lot.

swissexpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 12:21 PM
  #359
peachy89
Registered User
 
peachy89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
Roman Wick

Has been now playing with the Bingo for some time. No points scored so far. And no news on him.

Has anyone seen, read, heard ... whatever other sense on him lately ??
the last thing i read about him was this article on Slapshot (28.10.10)
http://slapshot.ch.sportalsports.com...338300000.html

peachy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2010, 11:33 PM
  #360
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
I really think he's playing minor minutes on the 3rd/4th line, what leads to a minor scoring effort what leads to less minutes on ice etc... It's a circle of the devil.
I made this guess because he only has 1-2 shots per game, I haven't watched a game of him.
I had high hopes on him, especially in the scoring section, we knew he isn't a grinder, so his goal had to be lighting up the lamp very often!
Even our young defenders are able to put up big numbers in this league and Juray Simek, who seemed to be nothing special on a Swiss team, led by an amazing Roman Wick, is kind of a scorer there...
It also could be a mental thing, he's maybe not that fighter, that you have to be in this league. The reportage i saw in swiss TV a few months ago didn't look like he and Blindenbacher really want this badly. They were like "let's go and see" or "It's ok to start in the AHL, the NHL will come automatically" what made me thinking...
I wish Wick had more "Steiner-mentality", that would help him a lot.
I had exactly the same worries !! with exactly the same logic ... low nber shots on goals, no points, no fighting spirits, i imagined the exact same things.

Therefore i was quite happy to read what peachy posted ! (1st line, learning, fighting ... )
After all the "Ambuhl scenario" is not done yet ... and Wick is not in the same NYR system !!
May that be true and may the path of the puck into the goal open and transform into a boulevard. I am the lights on the street and i say : GREEEEEENNNNN !

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2010, 03:09 AM
  #361
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,184
vCash: 500
This was posted on the Binghamton boards a week ago, doesn't sound very great, but he has still all possibilities...

Quote:
Speaking of Corey Locke, Roman Wick was up on the top line with him and Ryan Keller again today in practice, so I asked coach Kleinendorst about that.

"Roman has a tremendous amount of potential, and I do think that at some point, he's going to be a solid player for us," Kleinendorst said. "But I wouldn't stand here right now and tell you that I've seen his best hockey. I always say we all take ownership for this. I'll absolutely take ownership. But Roman Wick has to take some ownership in it as well. How we get him to where he needs to be is really what my job is all about, with his understanding that has ownership in this. In Hartford Friday, he played down with what you might term a fourth line. It was a little bit of a wake-up call, but he was still in the lineup. I would have thought, and hoped, that by putting him back up with Locke and Keller once we lost Smitty, Zack, that he would respond to that. And I think that he did. If he got the message, great, and I hope he did, because probably the next time, he won't even be on the bench. His next lesson will come from the stands. But it's not just Roman, it's everybody. We try to hold to hold everybody with the same thumb, and nobody gets a free pass. I just want to be consistent with how I do that."

swissexpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2010, 06:07 PM
  #362
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Hey guys !!

Did you notice that since the Islanders sent our Nino back ... they lost by some serious differences !!!

before ... they were even heading the standings at a point in time (with Toronto !!) and since Nino left, well they lost 3 times by 1-3 then 1-6 and 2-7 !! a serious degradation !! and now they rank 12th ! with Nino, they never lost by more than 2 goals difference !

I know i know ... i am writing only to brag a bit ... just to say !! without pretention nor insinuating any vicious concept or whatever ... Let's call it a spurious corelation !!!
still ... let's keep an eye on this ;-)


goNinogo
goWinterhawksgo
goSvengo
still goIslandersgo
goMarkgo

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 02:35 AM
  #363
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,184
vCash: 500
I noticed that too, but that must be something different than the loss of Nino. He was never the main reason for an isles win. He did his job, tryin to work hard and I'd love to see him still there, but from a neutral view, he was not good enough to get top 9 or even top 6 minutes.
I'd rather see the isles win, because Nino can't be recalled and it'd be nice for Mark to return on a challenging team with play-off hopes.
Go Isles Go!

swissexpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 06:27 AM
  #364
swisdan
Registered User
 
swisdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: earth
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Who is your favorite swiss guy playing in NA?

For me i think Josi. I have great expectations for him.

swisdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 06:54 AM
  #365
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,184
vCash: 500
Ugh, that's not an easy question.
Maybe it's Mark Streit.
He's so much "swiss" with his hard work and smartness. His career is very special and historical for our country, drafted as a 26 year old in the 9th round, from "not NLA material" to one of the 20 best defenders in the world!

For top end talent, I think Josi, Nino, Sbisa could have "better" careers than he had. Nino is the one I'd choose from this gruop, his work ethic is simply impressive.

Last but not least, Jonas Hiller could become a franchise goalie for the Ducks if he keeps his game up. I really enjoy watching him. Hopefully, Anaheim will be a contender again in 1-2 years...

You see, it's not easy for me to choose one of them

swissexpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2010, 05:32 PM
  #366
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Josi ... Streit, ... Nino ... HILLER ... Sbisa difficult to say
(i do not understand why Sbisa was sent to AHL ... !)
Blindenbacher !!

I like Alain Berger ... i am convinced he will be somtehing interesting soon.

I start liking Weber ... and recovered hope on him. I had great hopes on him when he played with the Kitchener Rangers ... then i gave up ... now i build hope on him again.

I never saw Sven Bartschi ... nor Dave Sutter.
(i actually saw Bartshi on the 5 minutes per game that are shown on the winterhawks site ... hi seems prety fast and smart !!

I notice that when being asked ... who is your prefered swiss player in NA ... my brain replies obscurely !!

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2010, 05:57 PM
  #367
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,184
vCash: 500
Good news from the Wick side of life

After his first assist in the last game, he has 2 assists in the first period today, while the Bsens are leading 4-0 vs. Sbisa's Syracuse!

A new Swiss guy to remember could be Thomas Haas, defenseman playing for the Shattuck St.Marys in the USHS league, Midget 'AA'.
He's a very big guy (6'3 and 198 lbs, like Nino is now), 15 yo and has 16 points in 16 games so far. On the other hand, this stats maybe aren't that meaningful, when you see that they win games like 16-0 or 12-1 (http://www.ssmsports.org/hockey/team...et-aa-schedule) and last year they had like 10 PPG players, but taking a look on Haas could be worth it.

Other interesting, but completely useless facts about the USHS I researched:
A guy named Sidney Crosby also played for the St.Marys at this age, putted up 160 points ->1st overall pick
Jack Johnson scored only 42 points, although on Crosby's team... (Haas is on pace for 60 points) ->3rd overall pick
Emerson Etem scored only 28 points in 60 games -> 1st round pick
Alex Goligoski scored 34 points in 28 games while 2 years older than Haas -> 2nd round pick
Ben Blood had 36 points in 60 games while 2 years older than Haas -> 4th round pick

I think I've found a new personal favourite swiss player
There aren't many players in this league at his age, and almost nobody with his size and scoring ability!

or like torero would say:


Last edited by swissexpert: 11-08-2010 at 07:26 AM.
swissexpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 11:01 AM
  #368
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Timo Helbling

As everyone knows, has signed for the rest of the year at Kärpät Oulu in Finland.

I am pretty happy because I felt that he was worth more than playing in Lugano (like he could have gone international ... KHL or SEL ...). Some years ago, he marked very positively the minds with the Amerks in AHL.

Good Luck Timo !!

+++++++

Luca Sbisa

Was, like everyone know recalled to play with the Ducks. The same day, when playing with the Ducks ... he received the 3rd star of the game.

To tell you the truth, i didn't understand why he was sent to AHL ! of course the Ducks had a very difficult season start yet to me he didn't appear to be the reason for such results. To send down Sbisa may have appeared the thing to do only because of his age, to say something was done.

Whatever now he is back in NHL and we hope he will remain there for ever.

Good Luck Luca !

+++++++

Sven Bartschi

Is enjoying riding his streaks in points. 13 Games that he scores or assists at least once ! impressive for a rookie !

Then, with 2 games less than the others, he scored 28 points in 19 games and ranks 6th. Now if you project a 1point per game ... he is a 30 ... or 3rd, well 4th in fact because you would have to do the same for his mate Ratie who would therefore be 2nd.
Impressive for a rookie !
In addition they can now speak swiss german in the traininng with EL Nino !

Good luck to both Bartschi & El Nino

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 12:42 PM
  #369
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Hey Guys ! Did you notice that since El Nino left the Islanders ... they won no game !

I know ... i know i already said the exact same words and their was a pletoria of reasons explaining why ... this correlations was deemed spurious and was already noticed by Swissexpert.

It is still interesting to point out that if we continue our neutral observations about correlations ... and El Nino :

The Islanders didn't win 1 game since then and since my first "hey guys" post.

Then since El Nino is with the Winterhawks ... they have not lost 1 game !
(though they didn't wait him to come to start a winning streak ... ! i agree )

All this is still statistically interesting to observe !

... do the goals or assists El Nino scores, influence the outcome ? appartently not !
Maybe another influence in the locker room or at another subliminal level ?? Presence ? who knows ...

Let's keep calling it spurious.
Definition of spurious : of a deceitful nature or quality.

+++

Do you know the law of murphy ?? ... the law of Murphy is used to say that whatever you undertake is doomed. You will be queuining somewhere ... well ... wherever you will be queuing ... you will be where you will have to wait most time.
You think that Murphy was a mathematician who made amazing calculus to explain mathemtaically why ... ?
No ! Murphy was a decent assistant. And it was noticed that whenever he was involved in a operation/experience or something ... it would not work. He doing nothing wrong !!! therefore the first law of Murphy was ... whenever Murphy is part of the team ... : it won't work !

Will their be a El Nino law ?? whenever he plays with a team ... this team's destiny is to win ?

Enough philosophy

GoElninoGo

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2010, 10:40 PM
  #370
smitty10
Registered User
 
smitty10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
Good news from the Wick side of life

After his first assist in the last game, he has 2 assists in the first period today, while the Bsens are leading 4-0 vs. Sbisa's Syracuse!

A new Swiss guy to remember could be Thomas Haas, defenseman playing for the Shattuck St.Marys in the USHS league, Midget 'AA'.
He's a very big guy (6'3 and 198 lbs, like Nino is now), 15 yo and has 16 points in 16 games so far. On the other hand, this stats maybe aren't that meaningful, when you see that they win games like 16-0 or 12-1 (http://www.ssmsports.org/hockey/team...et-aa-schedule) and last year they had like 10 PPG players, but taking a look on Haas could be worth it.

Other interesting, but completely useless facts about the USHS I researched:
A guy named Sidney Crosby also played for the St.Marys at this age, putted up 160 points ->1st overall pick
Jack Johnson scored only 42 points, although on Crosby's team... (Haas is on pace for 60 points) ->3rd overall pick
Emerson Etem scored only 28 points in 60 games -> 1st round pick
Alex Goligoski scored 34 points in 28 games while 2 years older than Haas -> 2nd round pick
Ben Blood had 36 points in 60 games while 2 years older than Haas -> 4th round pick

I think I've found a new personal favourite swiss player
There aren't many players in this league at his age, and almost nobody with his size and scoring ability!

or like torero would say:
With the size that Haas has at 15, there is a good chance that he will be taken in the NHL draft. That being said I wouldn't look into stats at all. The USHS is full of very, very bad teams and a couple that are good. Don't compare him to the guys that you did, but I do think this kid has some potential.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2010, 05:45 PM
  #371
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Happy days are back ...

Gerber is back in the NHL.

Weber too !

Go Yannick, Go Martin, make no prisonners !!

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2010, 02:19 AM
  #372
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,184
vCash: 500
Weber didn't play yestetday in the 3-0 loss. I hope he'll get his chance soon! He has to score there, if he wants to stay, but it is possible. As for gerber, I see good reasons for giving him some starts, dubnyk isn't NHL-calibre yet.

swissexpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 06:05 AM
  #373
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Our new three swiss guys that are trying to make it to the NHL and are presently in AHL are starting to deliver points ... encouraging. Since we cannot watch the games ... (atdhe.net stoped its last year's courtesy !) i will base what I say on what I read ... on the bloggs and boards.

Roman Wick : after having played some 10 games without any point he started scoring 8 points in the last 8 games. Yesterday 1 assist and a goal (empty netter). It seems that he is playing better and enjoying the trust of the coach. Yet we cannot know more because it seems that the fans are more "illuminated" by Butler ... and therefore describe all Butler's movement ... and forget the rest of the team including Roman !! Whatever ... he plays better ... he scores ... he turned the game ... do not expect him to be called up for the time being because of his game ... (1st should be Butler (again !)) but he is on his way. No Ambuhl scenario !

Severin Blindenbacher : after having been hurt in a car accident where he missed many games ... he is doing ok i guess and as a defenser he scored nicely ... with 3 points in 6 games. While upfront he was the one who seemed to have adapted the best .... and was sent to AHL in the last cut made by Dallas, this accident stopped his evolution. He will need a bit more time but so far ... not bad. The odds of him being called up into NHL are difficult to discuss by lack of material as to how he is playing.

Roman Josi : seems to have adjusted quite well to the game in Milwaukee after his wrist problem. He has 5 points in 9 games and seems to be highly respected by his coach :"Coach Lambert said last week that pretty soon, fans are going to be seeing that Josi may be the most talented defenseman that we’ve had in Milwaukee. And that says A LOT, considering how many defenseman playing in Nashville have spent some time here." therefore Josi is doing well. I must say that he gave a small interview on TV when he broke his wrist before the beginning of the year and he appeared smily and confident ... which i translated into : "ich habe es in griff" ... or in other words he assessed his level and deemed the thing dooable. Adding behind that he had the same situation in Bern. Therefore i believe he was projecting the same outcome. Since he is smart, we can believe that he was realistic ... so far things are taking place like he projected. Since he is young, and the Nasville organisation seems to take care of their young guns ... i believe that he is not likely to be called up to play in NHL in the short term. Yet February March ... why not if he keeps improving and adapting at the speed he is doing it now. Wheter he will be playing in NHL this year or not, i believe that the Josi superstar is developping well and will soon become what he has the potential to become. Namely a real star.


It is interesting to note that all 3 have a ratio of 1/2 point per game. Yet the difference is that 2 are defenders (josi and Blindenbacher) and 1 is a forward (Wick). In fact since Wick didn't score the first 10 games ... since then, he is cruising at a 1point-a-game speed ... which is decent for a forward !. I think that these points are decent for all of them ... .
GoGuysGo.


Last edited by torero: 11-20-2010 at 06:11 AM.
torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 07:23 AM
  #374
swissexpert
Registered User
 
swissexpert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1,184
vCash: 500
Your post could also be mine...once again
The only problem is that we have only statistics and a few comments..
Although Wick did better lately, his 3 goals (I think even 2 of them were empty netters) in about 20 games is far away from NHL, not even Simek-like. But of course he needed some time to adjust his game to NA-style and I'm sure he will improve his goal production. I don't see an NHL call-up this season but hopefully, he won't give up!
Josi is one of my favourites, our best offensive defender since Mark Streit!
A very interesting time now for Sbisa and Weber! Sbisa did very well since his call-up, impressed physically in his first games, and is now trying to create some offensive plays!
It would be very important for him to stay after Suttons return!
Weber won't have may opportunities to show his game, but I hope he can make some good defensive moves and maybe some PP-slapshots

swissexpert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2010, 11:24 AM
  #375
torero
Registered User
 
torero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Border of lake Leman
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 3,228
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
Your post could also be mine...once again
The only problem is that we have only statistics and a few comments..
Although Wick did better lately, his 3 goals (I think even 2 of them were empty netters) in about 20 games is far away from NHL, not even Simek-like. But of course he needed some time to adjust his game to NA-style and I'm sure he will improve his goal production. I don't see an NHL call-up this season but hopefully, he won't give up!
Josi is one of my favourites, our best offensive defender since Mark Streit!
A very interesting time now for Sbisa and Weber! Sbisa did very well since his call-up, impressed physically in his first games, and is now trying to create some offensive plays!
It would be very important for him to stay after Suttons return!
Weber won't have may opportunities to show his game, but I hope he can make some good defensive moves and maybe some PP-slapshots
i can tell you the same
last year atdhe.net had some AHL games ... thanks to what i could enjoy watching Ambuhl and Steiner. This year ... .
Thier is this site :
http://ahl.neulion.com/ahl/
that at least lets us watch some highlights for free.

On Wick i almost agree with you again ! but it is not only on facts (figures more precisely) that i base my view but on the fact that he seems to be in the roll. More close to the goals, present in PP, present for the empty net, all these are moments when the best elements are on the ice ... well their he is ... enjoying trust from the coach. I know, it is indirect and little ... but in the absence of material to have a personal judgement why not follow the smart money ?
(following the smart money is a financial technique where you know nothing, therefore you invest like the smart guys do ... ! the same thing can be said when you need an idea on something you have not the slightliest knowledge)

By the way, not wanting to infer incredible things out of nothing ... therefore i didn't mention it on the post but in the game with the Texas Stars ... we hear 4 times Blindenbacher ... ! or the commentator likes the name or he was very present during the interesting periods ... whatever ... interesting to note but too little to openly draw ideas, suputations or conclusions !

For Sbisa it is exactly like you say ... very interesting. I believe that he will make it.
(at least fans on the board seem to be enchanted !)

As per Weber ... he definitely improved ... yet he will be on a short leash. But after all he is only 22, and has a lot of cerebral to compensate ... therefore he may perfectly be a late blossomer.

torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.