SwissHabs* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 08:56 AM
duga

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
Le Jeűne Bčrrguerre avec le Jeűne Včbččrre
I'm glad Niederreiter landed in NY, if I had to here Nidčrrčtččr as well, I would have to change to the english feed .... heavy-hearted

duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 10:27 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

By the way, anyone knows if Berger pronounces his name the German or French way?

stv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2011, 01:25 PM
duga

Quote:
Originally Posted by stv11 View Post
By the way, anyone knows if Berger pronounces his name the German or French way?
Didn't know there was a french meaning for "Berger" (=Shepherd), always thought it was clearly of german descent...
I always wonder, why there isn't more phonetic spelling around the world, it really makes it so much easier to call a name the proper way, it's a matter of respect to put it as original as possible.

E.g. saying the name "Giroux" in a germanised way, can cause major harm to your tongue or throat
or if anybody remembers german football announcer trying to say the name of swiss striker Chapuisat...it was so annoying

even better the french first name "Chantal" turns in eastern swissgerman dialects into a horrible soundig "Schandtal" (= valley of shame)... what a nice name for a girl

Old
04-09-2011, 06:11 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Didn't know there was a french meaning for "Berger" (=Shepherd), always thought it was clearly of german descent...
I always wonder, why there isn't more phonetic spelling around the world, it really makes it so much easier to call a name the proper way, it's a matter of respect to put it as original as possible.

E.g. saying the name "Giroux" in a germanised way, can cause major harm to your tongue or throat
or if anybody remembers german football announcer trying to say the name of swiss striker Chapuisat...it was so annoying

even better the french first name "Chantal" turns in eastern swissgerman dialects into a horrible soundig "Schandtal" (= valley of shame)... what a nice name for a girl
Tschandtal ... tas isch t'Tschandtal huh !
T'Tschandtal unt ter Hempu si ferlobt !
swiss german has a unique delicacy ... i believe only matched by Dutch and maybe Dänish.
Tchou Tzäme ! not really comedia del arte !

Then the extremisme of the Quebecois to pronounce everything beyond French recognition turns things into ridicule as well ... le Jeűne Vébčrre ... le Jeűne Niedčrreitčrre ... le vieux Gučrbčrre. Awesome !
and now Le Jeűne Bčrgučrre.

i would pay a fortune to hear these TV comentators use the french say : la réponse du berger ŕ la bergčre. That must be a big moment !

We live in a fantastic world
And under some aspects Switzerland is a shortcut to it !

As for Berger ... it must be a german origin ... man from the mountain ... therefore the decent pronounciation would definitely be Bergučrre (ŕ la canadienne) ... he was born in Brugdorf ... German speaking part, i guess he must be a german speaking Swiss.

Last edited by torero: 04-09-2011 at 06:19 PM.
torero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2011, 03:35 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

Quote:
As for Berger ... it must be a german origin ... man from the mountain ... therefore the decent pronounciation would definitely be Bergučrre (ŕ la canadienne) ... he was born in Brugdorf ... German speaking part, i guess he must be a german speaking Swiss.
I guess this is correct, but there is still a chance his family moved there from some French speaking place. Noël Guyaz is from the same area and has a French name.

Anyway, I'll stick to the German pronounciation until proved otherwise!

Old
04-12-2011, 12:02 PM
duga

Quote:
I guess this is correct, but there is still a chance his family moved there from some French speaking place. Noël Guyaz is from the same area and has a French name.

Anyway, I'll stick to the German pronounciation until proved otherwise!
He's the brother of Pascal Berger (SCB), maybe that helps. (I'd hate my little brother for being that much bigger...)

Old
05-13-2011, 06:17 PM
torero

So now we have Diaz for one year with the Canadians.

Anyone has an idea who from the national team could be invited for the training camps ??

I was thinking at Lorscher ...

any other thought ??

++

by the way it is funny to see that some teams start with swiss players and end up with 3 ... ! Canadians, Ducks, Winterhawks ... (convinced Winterhawks will take bertaggia Sandro this year)

Last edited by torero: 05-13-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old
05-14-2011, 06:35 AM
Belenos

Quote:
I was thinking at Lorscher ...
Apparently Lötscher had an accident last night and is in coma. Not sure if it is true or only a rumour, but it is written in several message boards...

Belenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 06:42 AM
Belenos

It is confirmed now: http://www.scb.ch/news-content.aspx?id=2351 Hope he gets well soon!

Belenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 07:01 AM
jonas2244

He was hit by a car and it seems it was not Lötschers fault. It's being said that he has severe head injuries. All the best Kevin.

jonas2244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-14-2011, 11:59 AM
doug88

vCash: 342
I assume Lötscher won't play until a long time, he's severely injured.

doug88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2011, 04:25 AM
Sverra
Plumper

those last days were sad... Boogy gone, Lötscher in coma

Sverra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2011, 11:42 PM
torero

Aebischer possibly to Finland Karpat ... good for him

In fact i do not know what happened to Aebischer. He was great with the avalanches behind Roy. Then regretfully i was absent for some years in Africa ... when i came back he was kicked out from the Canadians as the worst goalie ever. Since then he is the goalie of Lugano who, by the way, are in the bottom of the league !

I would appreciate if someone coule tell what happend to him in fact ?
tks

Old
06-06-2011, 03:22 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

He was never that good in the first place. He looked good playing the 20 easiest games of the season for one of the best team of the last 10 seasons, but he screwed up every time he was counted on: two poor games at the Salt Lake City Olympics, an awful season with a champioship caliber Lugano team during the lockout where he ended up benched even during the Spengler cup, then he lost the Avalanche's starting job to Peter Budaj and was acquired by Montreal, who only wanted to dump Theodore's salary, and cost them a playoff spot in 2007. Then only Lugano and its terrible management showed any interest, and with Kärpät being the Finnish version of Lugano, it looks like history is repeating itself.

Old
06-07-2011, 01:02 PM
torero

Thanks for your explanations stv !

Let's still hope the best for both Karpat and Aebischer ... who still paved the way for Swiss hockey players in NA.

I always remember when i was tracking the stats on goalies and seeing Aebischer and Gerber leading the stats in NHL was simply unreal.

tks for your indsight

Old
06-07-2011, 01:20 PM
torero

Dear Pokechecker ...

You, very rightly, told us about Diaz !
Do you know about others that are likely to be tried in NA or that are well considered
and observed for next year ... or as a "project" (next year being 2011-2012 ;-) )

Tks

Old
06-10-2011, 01:43 AM
torero

Josi

Interesting to note that his AHL coach Lambert was promoted from admiral's head coach to assistant coach with the predators.
The impact on Josi's carrer is that he could be really cherrished at all levels in the organization because Lambert said incredible things about Josi. (like he was among the best players he coached. and he saw many good players ...like the pred's defenders ...which are pretty good at a world level !!!)

Not that Josi needs an extra boost for his future career. But to be highly appreciated by someone who is highly appreciated in the organization is not a bad thing.

On top of that, the predators did well in the playoffs ... and the admirals did also well in the playoffs ... making me think that it is a well managed and well balanced organization that has as a ultimate target to win the stanley cup. Their management style is smooth with a smart strategic positionning. They have a plan and are executing it pretty well. i wouldn't be surprised to see the Predators being a top team for many years in NHL !! (top 4 ... like the red wings) !!! and it could be the Josi's years. That bodes pretty well for him.

one ring or more !!!
mark my words

Old
06-10-2011, 03:52 AM
stv11
Global Moderator

I thought Josi would already get a call up last season, but the Preds' defense had very few man-games lost to injuries with five guys basically playing the entire season.

But next season he can definitely jump ahead of Bouillon and Sulzer on the depth chart and should make his NHL debut.

Old
06-10-2011, 10:41 AM
torero

Quote:
I thought Josi would already get a call up last season, but the Preds' defense had very few man-games lost to injuries with five guys basically playing the entire season.

But next season he can definitely jump ahead of Bouillon and Sulzer on the depth chart and should make his NHL debut.
apparently he was injured the exact bad moment to avoid a callup !! (2 times)

But beyond the fact that he will move up full time this year or next ... he will move up into a good good team that is likely to last for years ... and not a good team because the salary cap was stretched in all possible senses but because the team was built over years by growing talents. A master-job in talent management.

Old
06-11-2011, 06:46 AM
swissexpert

hey torero, have you seen the positive comments about Berger's appareance in habs development camp? I know you always believed in him, while I thought he probably missed the NHL-train.
He's among the most impressive players in camp, according to habs fans

swissexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2011, 07:12 PM
torero

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissexpert View Post
hey torero, have you seen the positive comments about Berger's appareance in habs development camp? I know you always believed in him, while I thought he probably missed the NHL-train.
He's among the most impressive players in camp, according to habs fans
Thank you ... as a matter of fact i follow it closely ;-)

Yet these summer threads when their is nothing solid for hockey fans to put under the teeths ... always leads to huge exagerations on what they see. And this is the first camp (for the youngest !)
Actually he was already good in the Florida Panther's training camp last year and was among the last to be cut. As a young guy ... that is already a nice performance which indicates the respect he gets from the NHL talent managers.

Yet he is among the bests ! not the opposite ... and that is an appreciation but close to facts. Therefore +/- reliable ... hence great news !

I am actualy pretty happy that their are 3 swiss players in the Canadian organisation.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Berger succeed and become a reliable second liner in some years. I am not as technical as many of you but i like what i see in him. Sort of efficiency. North Americans like this too.

Old
06-30-2011, 07:32 PM
torero

Roman Wick

Would have received an offer from the Sens ... according to :

http://www.senschirp.ca/index.php?op...ulny&Itemid=13

What is the nature of the offer (2 way ?? certainly !) ... he is likely to accept i believe. ... and hope. ... i will pray !

Alain Berger

Interesting spot light on him

http://yourcanadiens.blogspot.com/20...in-berger.html

Last edited by torero: 06-30-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old
07-08-2011, 05:05 PM
torero

Roman Wick

BREAKING NEWS : ROMAN WICK BECAME A FLYER

A Kloten Flyer ... of course !

Roman Wick came back ...
the good news : we will see him regularly on our ice.
the other bad news : he is back against SCB.

Besides, all due respect to him ... no misunderstanding. It was tough, he adjusted after some 10-15 games, then he played quite well ... but also had the unluck to have too many well talented mates, with the little exposure on the last block ... and finally received an offer for a 3 yrs contract in Switzerland ... with a status of star (he already had before .... ) a very decent salary ... sleep at home every evening (unless wanted otherwise !) ... less games than in NA.

I felt that with one or two more years ... he could have some years at 1.5 mio and some more at 2 to 2.5 mio for some years. Which on a post tax represents 750/-, 1 mio. So after tax, the difference with NA isn't that big and stars like Hiller or Streit make 3 or 4 mio a years ... 1.5 or 2 after tax (around 50%).
On the other side, i am sure he could have given it a bit more, try maybe via the KHL or SEL ... .
But he may certainly have a veeery interesting salary offered by our Flyers, therefore his decision may have been wise.

Whatever ... respect for him, what he did and his smart behaviour relative to the thinking crowd and established conventional wisdom.

and
WILKOMEN ZU HAUSE (welcome home)
HAUSE SUSSES ZU HAUSE (home sweet home)
BISH TZWAEG ? (how are you ?)