HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ron 'The Freeking Fool' Fournier

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2004, 09:39 PM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Ron 'The Freeking Fool' Fournier

He's going nuts on the air. Talking about how Koivu is jealous of Ribeiro and needs to pass to him. I'm not trying to start another Ribeiro-Koivu debate, I just thought everyone should know not to listen to this fool.

Old
02-17-2004, 09:41 PM
obcd1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
He's going nuts on the air. Talking about how Koivu is jealous of Ribeiro and needs to pass to him. I'm not trying to start another Ribeiro-Koivu debate, I just thought everyone should know not to listen to this fool.
I don't listen to someone else opinion anyway I always make mine

Old
02-17-2004, 09:50 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
******* him, I am sick of this debate anyway, Ribeiro is a mediocre player with no speed who had a very bad game tonight. How can he even compare Ribeiro who hasn't proved shi*** yet in NHL with Koivu. There is a lot of garbage in this team right now and they are picking on least of the problems, Saks!!!! This is freakin sick...Why don't they talk about Perreault, old pylons like Quintal, Bouillon leading the team in minutes (this is wrong people), Kilger, etc.

Old
02-17-2004, 10:01 PM
HABitude

What? Ribeiro created many scoring chances in the third while Koivu wasn't skating.
You don't beleive me?
Tape the game and watch by yourself.
If you want to see a player carrying the puck in the neutral zone and entering at fuul speed, it was Kowalchuck, Bulis but never never never Koivu. Ay least Ribeiro tries to challenge the opposite D, tries to carry the puck and create something signifiant in the offensive zone.

Koivu did one good thing tonite: pivot and pass to Bulis. End of the night, nothing after.

Old
02-17-2004, 10:04 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
What? Ribeiro created many scoring chances in the third while Koivu wasn't skating.
You don't beleive me?
Tape the game and watch by yourself.
If you want to see a player carrying the puck in the neutral zone and entering at fuul speed, it was Kowalchuck, Bulis but never never never Koivu. Ay least Ribeiro tries to challenge the opposite D, tries to carry the puck and create something signifiant in the offensive zone.

Koivu did one good thing tonite: pivot and pass to Bulis. End of the night, nothing after.
Shut up that's BS. Koivu was generating a lot of things in the first two periods. Then everyone shifted down on first gear. Ribeiro wasn't creating much tonite.

Old
02-17-2004, 10:13 PM
J-D

Oh, HABitude, please!!!! Ribeiro's best play was his backcheck that stopped a 2 on 1. Aside from that I thought he played ok, but nothing to write home about. Ryder missed a couple of chances here and there, while Sundstrom was a complete non-factor. IMO it was a good idea to reunite Zednik with Koivu. Much more chemistry. The real game-breaker though was that 3rd goal. Garon ought to be between the pipes sooner rather than later.

Koivu generated MOST of the offense in the first two periods, as "fonction quadratique" stated. However, it's true that, as the game wore on, he started to float in the neutral zone. Anyway, everybody had a sub-par game, because this Thrashers team is as bad defensively as one can be. The only real pressure they put was in the 2nd portion of the 3rd period.

Disappointing game, disappointing result.

Ron Fournier should retire, and begin to ref semi-pro. Win-win situation.

Old
02-17-2004, 10:23 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
People need to grow the **** up... I'm begining to understand the good posters who don't come back. Pleks (poster) is a freaking ass, but he's not the only one...

NEWS FLASH BOZOS:

THE HABS ARE HUMANS! WE CAN'T WIN THEM ALL!!!

Oh yeah, and it was a crappy team effort... No need to play the blame game.

Last thing I'll say tonight:

The best pass of the night as to go to Theo, not Ribs...

Old
02-17-2004, 10:26 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
People need to grow the **** up... I'm begining to understand the good posters who don't come back. Pleks (poster) is a freaking ass, but he's not the only one...

NEWS FLASH BOZOS:

I don't know exactly which posters I was talking about here, but I guess if the shoe fits...

Old
02-17-2004, 11:02 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
I don't know exactly which posters I was talking about here, but I guess if the shoe fits...

Do you know what, its good you left it open ended because the list would be too long.

Its so sad that the board has 3 threads closed because of absolutely ridiculous topics and comments. Its pathetic really.

As bad as the habs are playing, worse is how some fans are reacting.

Old
02-18-2004, 12:27 AM
Guy!

Not passing to Ribeiro? Did he watch the hockey game? In fact, as I recall, Sax passed to Ribs more than the other way... *shrugs*

If there's jealousy or frustration, I honestly can't blame Sax after tonight. He was *easily* the better of the two and got less time, was used less on the PP, and is probably sick of waiting on the bench for an eternity for King Ribby to finish his one to two minute shifts. If there's nothing going on in the background that we don't know about, then I'd have to say Julien is giving 'his boy' the opportunity to win the first spot over Sax instead of letting talent win the day - and that says something rather poor about the coach so I hope that's not it.

More important than that silliness, though, is the goaltending problem that's rearing its ugly head. Can someone explain why Theo is in there when he's obviously struggling? He can't even smother the puck on simple ones into the crest anymore.

ACF

Old
02-18-2004, 01:30 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
Not passing to Ribeiro? Did he watch the hockey game? In fact, as I recall, Sax passed to Ribs more than the other way... *shrugs*

If there's jealousy or frustration, I honestly can't blame Sax after tonight. He was *easily* the better of the two and got less time, was used less on the PP, and is probably sick of waiting on the bench for an eternity for King Ribby to finish his one to two minute shifts. If there's nothing going on in the background that we don't know about, then I'd have to say Julien is giving 'his boy' the opportunity to win the first spot over Sax instead of letting talent win the day - and that says something rather poor about the coach so I hope that's not it.

More important than that silliness, though, is the goaltending problem that's rearing its ugly head. Can someone explain why Theo is in there when he's obviously struggling? He can't even smother the puck on simple ones into the crest anymore.

ACF

I am starting to wish that "Ribeiro down the stretch" thread stayed around. Hmm who started that? I think it might be time to revive it because he is starting to become a concern.

A lot of guys haven't played up to par lately, vets like Zednik and even Koivu at times, but Ribeiro has all but disappeared 5 on 5, and so has Theodore. Ryder has struggled, but its hard to be disappointed because this is his first full year in the NHL, and he was bound to slow down

And I am not really sure how people are surprised, even when Montreal had the hot streak, they were winning games by playing just good enough to beat a bad team. Delusional is the only word that I can think to describe many hab fans.

All in all, there are a lot of concerns these days, but as a fan I try not to get too high or too low. One thing I truly hope for is Saturday, and hopefully some tradition and rivalry will get les boys back on the right track.

Old
02-18-2004, 09:39 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:

NEWS FLASH BOZOS:

Problem here is when someone says something negative about someone like Theodore, other posters take it personaly! Why? This is a message board where people post what they think of the team and players and how they've played or are playing! It's as simple as that!

Old
02-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund
Problem here is when someone says something negative about someone like Theodore, other posters take it personaly! Why?
Sounds like Ribeiro more than anyone. Everyone here has made negative comments about him and his play.

This is a message board where people post what they think of the team and players and how they've played or are playing! It's as simple as that![/QUOTE]

Actually it isn't as simple as that. There are well known "trolls" on these boards. There are many, simply player bashers on these boards, many who will blindly spew out crap. There are posters whose whole concern is stirring up **** and degrade the quality of this board.

Old
02-18-2004, 11:49 AM
QcS

it might be nothing, but this morning at practice, Ribeiro and Koivu got into it twice.

The first time, Koivu speared Ribeiro.

Old
02-18-2004, 01:37 PM
8b

Quote:
Hehe yes, he is loosing his mind! I enjoy listening to him because he don't have a limit. Right now he must have a troath ache because he talked too loud!!

He is furiously funny to ear.

By the way, this is not another Ribeiro-Koivu debate!!

Last edited by 8b: 02-18-2004 at 01:49 PM.
Old
02-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Mathletic

I don't like him that much ... but you got your answer today

Old
02-18-2004, 05:27 PM
MrPicard

Ron is an entertainer... but he knows more about hockey than everybody on this forum! So if you don't like him, don't listen to him.

La force des jeunes, le meilleur est à venir!

Old
02-18-2004, 05:57 PM
Duff88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPicard
Ron is an entertainer... but he knows more about hockey than everybody on this forum! So if you don't like him, don't listen to him.

The fact that he's on radio doesn't mean that he know more abou hockey than EVERYONE on this forum! IMO, he's a biased and overreacting entertainer. His hockey knowledge are good, but he tends to be overlead by his emotions, causing him to say things with no sense.

And a lot of people on this board know much more about hockey than you'd think. TSN's Bob McKenzie is among them, even though he only comes here to say a few things when there's something going on. But anyway, a lot of posters here could very well do a better job than any TV or Radio Broadcasters! There are also some that would be better on rds.ca's talkbacks...

Old
02-18-2004, 06:17 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88
There are also some that would be better on rds.ca's talkbacks...
Most hockey boards and newsgroups have very similar views and opinions because of cross-contamination with each other. RDS.ca talkbacks on the other hand have evolved a completely screwed up way of looking at sports in general. It's almost like inbreeding opinions. That's what happens when you only use one source for information. You can spot those posters from a mile away.

Old
02-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPicard

as if he invented this slogan

Old
02-18-2004, 08:04 PM
Zednik

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
as if he invented this slogan
Yes he did, and I have my T-shirt !

Les séries ? Y'en aura pas Y'en aura pas.

Old
02-18-2004, 10:25 PM
Haddock

Zarbites! :p

Old
02-19-2004, 03:51 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zednik
Yes he did, and I have my T-shirt !

Les séries ? Y'en aura pas Y'en aura pas.
it was invented by the Nordiques

Closed Thread