HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Predators acquire Sullivan

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2004, 10:22 PM
Mooch

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Predators acquire Sullivan

For just two second-round draft picks. So what makes people think that others like symth will cost so much. Like i said earlier, you dont get fair value anymore!

By the way how good would he have looked on the second line RW?

Thoughts!

Old
02-16-2004, 10:29 PM
oli500

Hes a good player, but I just think he would off been two small for the habs. We need SIZE.

Old
02-16-2004, 10:34 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
He wont win us a cup, but compared to daganias---------------

Old
02-16-2004, 10:47 PM
tritone

Flip flop fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Sullivan would be by far our best winger, nuff said, Gainey miss the boat once again! We have enough quality prospects, this is something we could afford!

Sullivan is small yes, but he is a little pitbull, a real competitor that goes in the traffic, he would have been a major addition on our attack!

Maybe Gainey told Nashville he was interested in Sullivan and they went to get him to add into a trade with Montreal ?

Old
02-17-2004, 12:03 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Sullivan would be by far our best winger, nuff said, Gainey miss the boat once again! We have enough quality prospects, this is something we could afford!

Sullivan is small yes, but he is a little pitbull, a real competitor that goes in the traffic, he would have been a major addition on our attack!
once again ,Gainey miss the boat ???? what do you know about the phone calls that gainey is doing ? what do you know about the players he looks for ?and what about the move is try to do ??? we don't know anything about that , so how can you say that kind of comment ...

Old
02-17-2004, 12:15 AM
oli500

Quote:

Look we have Koivu and Ribeiro as are number one and two centers who may I rimind you are both about 5-10. Sullivan would be playing with either one of them and is not what we need for a playoff run because the bigger teams are going to easily beat us out with theire size. If we had a bigger center that he could play with, yes he would be an welcome adition but the fact that 3 of our four centers are under 6-0 feet and that he is also under 6-0 feet would not help us at all vs teams like toronto or phillie. We need big winger, similar to a power foward type. Not another small foward. Hes a great litle player thow but just wouldent fit withen what are curent needs are.

Old
02-17-2004, 01:09 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Yes you are right... I just hope we get some help soon...

I however have some difficulty to understand why he play Dagenais over Balej... Dagenais has a two-way contract, there is no reason to still play him!! Gainey could improve the team right now without make any transaction, just send Dagenais down and call Balej up!

Sullivan just cost the Preds 2 second round pick, it's not a big deal when you look at all our quality prospects we have.. We need help right now to improve our attack and Sullivan would have been great!
I agree with some of what your saying, but we really need more size up front. Maybe BG is working on something that'll knock your socks off!!

Old
02-17-2004, 06:53 AM
felixd

Sullivan is too small, we need someone BIG.

Old
02-17-2004, 09:09 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
For just two second-round draft picks. So what makes people think that others like symth will cost so much. Like i said earlier, you dont get fair value anymore!

By the way how good would he have looked on the second line RW?

Thoughts!
First off Ryan Smyth would cost quite a bit more than Steve Sullivan. Sullivan, although a decent player is not in Smyth's class imo.

BTW, I think the Hawks are getting real serious about making a charge for Crosby next year.

Old
02-17-2004, 11:50 AM
oli500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
First off Ryan Smyth would cost quite a bit more than Steve Sullivan. Sullivan, although a decent player is not in Smyth's class imo.

BTW, I think the Hawks are getting real serious about making a charge for Crosby next year.
At least we wont have to face him alot wich is a really good thing for us.

Old
02-17-2004, 01:56 PM
8b

Quote:
Sullivan is a very underrated player, he is not far from being in the same class as Smith IMO...
Well (statisiticly speaking) you're right:

Smyth: 407pts in 619 games
Sullivan: 419pts in 573 games

Old
02-17-2004, 02:12 PM
Darz

Quote:
Sullivan is a very underrated player, he is not far from being in the same class as Smith IMO...
I agree that Sullivan is underrated, but I still say he isn't in Smyth's class.

Closer than some imagine...you're probabely right.

Old
02-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

The Preds are making a push for the playoffs , that deal send a positive message to the team and Dallas has to hurry , Corson isin't an impact player like Sullivan ,

Old
02-17-2004, 04:43 PM
Rahan

Plekanec, just a thought: maybe they only wanted draft picks and Gainey wants to keep his, to trade up for a better first round pick or something.. You never know what GM's are thinking! hehe.

Old
02-18-2004, 09:18 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
You never know what GM's are thinking! hehe.
Exactly. Ya never know what kind of phone calls Gainey has made, and what exactly was discussed. I'm sure that at some point over the past month or so Gainey had contacted Chicao about the availability of certain players but didn't feel that a deal that both teams could reach would help the habs, so....

Closed Thread