HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Best team in the east so far...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-04-2008, 02:20 PM
  #151
snap-bar
Registered User
 
snap-bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Regina, Sk
Country: Canada
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Elik View Post
to me it does not matter who is tops in the east because I think Detorit is the best team in the past 10-15 years.
why open the thread then? who cares who's been the best in the past 10-15 years.. thats so long ago it has no relevance whatsoever on the top teams in the east

snap-bar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 02:20 PM
  #152
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsylalonde100 View Post
ya rangers will be up there for sure...but i mean montreal go better too...they didn't lose any forwards and they gained tanguay

and pens lost alot of gritt(roberts,rutuu,malone,opix) so id say habs and rangers top 2

can anyone tell me how to upload a picture ?? lol
The Rangers?

I think they'll make the playoffs but to me they are no better than last year, they improved their defense, but lost a lot of depth up front minus Jagr, Avery, Straka etc.

They risk being in big trouble if Lundquist ever got hurt because they have acrappy backup.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 02:22 PM
  #153
SOLR
Registered User
 
SOLR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto / North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,708
vCash: 500
I'll wait to see if we get Sundin, but imo even if we do, we might not be as strong as last year in the regular season, things clicked and went really well for us last year, Id prefer to have this kind of momentum in the playoffs this year.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 02:30 PM
  #154
bhuya71
Registered User
 
bhuya71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Bangladesh
Posts: 2,432
vCash: 500
habs...we lost none added two great additions...sorry i just can't see pitts doing that well with their ****** wingers JUST CANT! although any team can prove ppl wrong we did last year. philly will be interesting and i think it will take a while for rags to click...devs might be interesting too and bruins will just be boring to watch (unless cam neely is reborn )

bhuya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 02:51 PM
  #155
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Elik View Post
to me it does not matter who is tops in the east because I think Detorit is the best team in the past 10-15 years.
I don't agree. First of all Detroit had a better team when their core was younger and they had players like Yzerman and Shananan in their prime (with a better goaltender than Chris Osgood).

The Detroit Red Wings won the Stanley Cup fair and square but if the Penguins had won 1 game in Detroit (from the first 2), the result might have been way different. They were pathetic in the first 2 games.

The Detroit Red Wings core (mainly the D) is aging and while they probably have the best first line in the league, I'm not extremely exciting by their others forwards. Hossa, Zetterberg and Datsyuk are probably superstar in this league, but I'm not still convinced by Franzen, Holmstom and Filipula etc...Plus the motivation might not been there this year since they won the Stanley Cup last season (just like what happen with Anaheim last season, who still had their core (Selanne, Getzlaf, Perry, Niedermayer, Pronger, Gigučre, Weight, Beauchemin ,Kunitz + Scheinder and Bertuzzi (while they only lost McDonalds and Penner) )

Don't get me wrong, they will probably end up first in the west. But I don't think it would be fair to call them the best team in the last 10-15 years. Just as a example, the 2001-2002 Colorado Avalanches were overall a better team and post-lockout I would add the 2005-2006 Ottawa Senators (Heatley, Spezza, Alfredsson, Hasek, Havlat, Redden, Chara, Phillips, Mezjaros, Fischer, Vermette ).

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 03:04 PM
  #156
Reds4Life
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Reds4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: The Czech Republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,517
vCash: 500
Philly is the best in the East imho. Montreal second best.

Reds4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 03:53 PM
  #157
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
The top-end teams (in no particular order) :

Montreal (because of no particular lost to the core, and added missing pieces)
Pittsburg (Downgraded their wingers, but the core is the same and more important)
New Jersey (because of adding Rolston and Holik to the same core will help)

The might-or-good-chance-to-rise-higher teams :

Philadelphia (Will finish higher, I am still unsure whether to put them in the 1st cat)
Boston (they should do better with Bergy around and Ryder at his or Savard's side)
Carolina (Cole was never there, and Pitkanen will help, if Kaberle can remain healthy)
Ottawa (Goalies!!! They should do better this season... BUT)

The big-?-teams :

New York (NY has always a hard time putting the chem. together, constant shuffle)
Tampa Bay (Still not there yet but will be better, Boyle gone, replaced by Carle ouch)
Washington (Will Theo be ,890 or ,910??? With no Fedorov, not too sure about them)

The sure-to-be-down-and-out teams :

Do I need to make comments???

Long Island
Buffalo (I guess they shouldn't be overlooked, yet I don't really see them top-8)
Florida
Toronto
Atlanta

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 04:10 PM
  #158
shamrun
Registered User
 
shamrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
The Rangers?

I think they'll make the playoffs but to me they are no better than last year, they improved their defense, but lost a lot of depth up front minus Jagr, Avery, Straka etc.

They risk being in big trouble if Lundquist ever got hurt because they have acrappy backup.
That's when halak looks tempting...lol..I fully agree with what most people are saying here. The rangers are not a better team for this coming season.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 05:06 PM
  #159
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,256
vCash: 500
I think almost everyone is underestimating the Rangers. IMO they're stronger than they were last season. Jagr and Shanahan didn't have great seasons and the new Rangers are younger and faster. I think Gomez and Drury will be more compatible with the newcomers, and Redden and Kalinin are improvements over Tyutin and Backman.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 05:22 PM
  #160
Montreal Typical
Registered User
 
Montreal Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Moreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,159
vCash: 500
It's hard to say who's the best team. There are simply too many question marks for all of the teams, even those that look really good on paper.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 05:37 PM
  #161
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I think almost everyone is underestimating the Rangers. IMO they're stronger than they were last season. Jagr and Shanahan didn't have great seasons and the new Rangers are younger and faster. I think Gomez and Drury will be more compatible with the newcomers, and Redden and Kalinin are improvements over Tyutin and Backman.
Still missing wingers and they have many new faces that have to gel with the rest...

A big shuffle is never great for team chemistry.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 05:37 PM
  #162
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,538
vCash: 700
There was only 10pts between us and Boston, everything is up in the air.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 05:59 PM
  #163
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,231
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
No one has mentioned Pittsburgh as top team in the East?

Thats insane, I think they will easily take that spot. Coming off a cup finalist, they will be hungry. Any team with Crosby, Malkin, Fleury, Staal, Whitney(all one year older) and a strong supporting cast are gonna blow your socks off.
strong supporting cast? They don't have a supporting cast. Aside from Gonchar you literally named every useful player they have.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 06:53 PM
  #164
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,356
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You do know Pittsburgh and Philly are in the same division so can't be 1st and 2nd right?..
I listed the teams in likelihood of them finishing first in the conference. I thought it was pretty clear from the portion of my post that you chose to edit out:

Quote:
Here are my current contenders for top spot in the east in order of likelihood:
I think Pitts has the best chance, Philly the 2nd best chance ect. It was by no means how I would expect them to finish via the NHL method of seeding.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:00 PM
  #165
McDonagh27
Registered User
 
McDonagh27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I think almost everyone is underestimating the Rangers. IMO they're stronger than they were last season. Jagr and Shanahan didn't have great seasons and the new Rangers are younger and faster. I think Gomez and Drury will be more compatible with the newcomers, and Redden and Kalinin are improvements over Tyutin and Backman.
QFT. You guys saying Montreal with such confidence is about as sane as me saying the Rangers.

IMO, the Habs will regress. They'll make the playoffs for sure, but they won't be able to duplicate what they did this year.

Rangers lineup:

Dawes - Gomez - Zherdev
Naslund - Drury - Prucha
Callahan - Dubinsky - Fritsche
Voros - Betts - Korpikoski

Redden - Staal
Rozsival - Girardi
Kalinin - Mara



Solid offence. Solid D. Solid Goaltending.. Like Montreal. To say the Rangers are that much worse than the Habs is a farse. Shanahan will also probably be brought back in a lesser role. Those saying Naslund is over the hill... I guess Tanguay is too.. and Naslund is cheaper...

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:14 PM
  #166
Kikizaz
Registered User
 
Kikizaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Victoria BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Pittsburgh had a fairly rough start to the year when MAF was playing poorly and then got injured. But when you have Crosby and Malkin i think you have to be a favourite to finish in the top. I think that we (the habs) might not even win the division, because i have NO idea what to expect from the Ottawa senators. Are they the team that stank up the league post jan. 1. Or are they the team that started the season on one of the best hot streaks in history. The Sabres look to be on a bit of a rebuilding path but i wouldn't count them out too easily, since Ryan Miller is not half bad. Philly... sorry to say but they might not make the playoffs. AND no team from the SE division should be in the playoffs, Tampa needs to figure itself out and Washington needs better D and G.

1)Pens
2)Montreal
3)THE LUCKY WINNER OF THE EASIEST DIVISION
4)NJ
5)NY
6)Ottawa
7)Boston... ewwww
8)Philly

Kikizaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:49 PM
  #167
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,824
vCash: 500
There's alot of people here who fail to see that even if we had made no moves, this next year because of the overall potential this team has we are a better team, it's incredible the quantity of players who can and will have better stats in the future, Evreyone is expecting more points from the Kostys, from Higgins, from Latendresse, we're all expecting players like Komo, O'byrne, Georges and Plekanec to be even more solid players next year too, and that's not to mention Carey Price who after the trade deadline ended up the best goalie in the league

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:51 PM
  #168
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromAnisimov2Zherdev View Post
QFT. You guys saying Montreal with such confidence is about as sane as me saying the Rangers.

IMO, the Habs will regress. They'll make the playoffs for sure, but they won't be able to duplicate what they did this year.

Rangers lineup:

Dawes - Gomez - Zherdev
Naslund - Drury - Prucha
Callahan - Dubinsky - Fritsche
Voros - Betts - Korpikoski

Redden - Staal
Rozsival - Girardi
Kalinin - Mara



Solid offence. Solid D. Solid Goaltending.. Like Montreal. To say the Rangers are that much worse than the Habs is a farse. Shanahan will also probably be brought back in a lesser role. Those saying Naslund is over the hill... I guess Tanguay is too.. and Naslund is cheaper...
First off... you forgot Rissmiller and that is part of a big argument that will show the Habs have much better chance to repeat than the Rags have of finishing first...

The rags have lost Jagr, Shanahan (he won't come back, the Rags have 600k of free cap space), Straka, Avery, Tyutin, Backman, Malik and Strudwick. That's 8 regulars gone that they had to replace.

They've replaced them with newcomers Zherdev, Naslund, Korpikoski, Voros, Fritsche, Rissmiller, Redden and Kalinin.

This is A LOT of reshuffling to hope to have a good chemistry, if chemistry there can be.

On the Habs side, it is well known that a good part of their success last year was due to depth and most importantly, to a good team spirit and chemistry.

The Habs have lost underachiever Ryder, Smolinski and Streit (who like Souray, profited from a great PP system and only played 4th line minutes and 3rd pairing minutes on ES). That's 3 players that weren't even part of the core last year.

They've replaced them with Tanguay and Laraque. (Either Chipchura or Sundin (if he ends-up here) will fill in the remaining spot).

This means the chemistry they had has really great chances of being sustained, whereas it is not so with the Rags. And that's an important thing you do have to consider. It might be great to look on paper, but a team has to go through a lot to form chemistry, it just doesn't come like that. A good example of this are the Flyers. They made many changes last season, just like NY, and a lot of people were blinded by the razzle-dazzle of big UFA signings and thought they were contenders to finish first in the conference, but they didn't and they went through rough patches in the last season. They did real good by the end of the year because they finally started to get together and most times a team gets changed so much, it doesn't happen this way, it takes much more time.

Now, aside from this point, if you want to compare the teams on paper, the Habs have more depth on offense with 6 top6 forwards (Kovalev, Koivu, Higgins, Kostitsyn, Tanguay and Plekanec) whereas NY has 4 top6 forwards (Naslund, Gomez, Drury and Zherdev), the Habs have a much better established D as Redden had been struggling all year long (ask Sens fans) and Stall is quite too green to have the same impact as Komisarek, and the only point I would conceide to the Rags are the goalies, but only because of the lack of experience of the Habs netminder.


Last edited by Ozymandias: 07-04-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:57 PM
  #169
dlandry77
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
The East really lost a lot of good players this offseason.

Notes for the east

1) Pitts looks interesting with Satan and should do well playing with either Crosby or Malkin. I don't see them moving from the top anytime soon. Should end up 1-4

2) The Rangers got there must needed d-man in Redden. He will be an interesting case. However up front I think they got a lot worse even with the addition of Naslund. But who knows he could rebound. 4-6

3)Philly are a bunch of thugs and will continue to be this year. They will be in the bottom of the playoff picture like last year. 6-8

4)Boston will be better, not with Ryder. Are you kidding me (haha). But they do have some young blood coming up that look pretty solid. 7-10

5) Buffalo -This is a sad story. This was probably the best team to watch 2 years ago when the habs were not playing. I don't see a light at the end of there tunnel soon. 11-15

6) The Caps- Jose did rebound quite well last year. THey do have some young players coming up that look pretty great. I expect them to win the division again. Got to love this division. 3 or 8th or 9th

7) Carolina- There moves were interesting this summer with the addition of Pitkanen from the Oil. I think they will be battling with the caps for a playoff position. 3 or 8th or 9th.

8)-Tampa- Interesting moves with Malone and the Carle pick with Boyle getting traded. They still don't impress me but I think there is balance to there team which I think they were lacking. Still looking outside of the playoff hunt in my opinion though.
9-13

9) TO aka the Buds-Its rebuilding time and I think it will be a long run before they see light, kind of similar to there cup sucess Sorry I had to throw it in there.
10-15

10) Ottawa - Has had a team which has been great for the last 5 years. They have lost great players like Chara, Redden etc to free agency or there choice. I think they might have lost there window to win a cup right away anyway. 6-9

11)Florida- Oli was probably the only great player left on the team. Besides Bouwmeester of course. I don't see them doing any thing great anytime quick. 13-15

12) Devils- For some reason I think the Rolston and Holik picks are going to pay dividends. They know the system and the players to a great extent. I think the Devils will be in the top 5. 1-5

13) Islanders-I think the Streit pick up. Wow just amazing. haha jk I just don't see them moving to far from the spot they are in now. They need at least one star player right now because in my opinion it is really slim. 12-15

14) ATL-I think Hainsey should help bolster there defence. Losing Hossa this year did not help there chances. I am predicting the Thrashers will not do to great this year.
10-15

15)Canadiens- Our great Habs. I really like our team, I think it is the best I have seen it in about, well a long time. I hope an another d-man can step it up on the power play because even though Streit was not that great overall. He was a huge success for our powerplay. I like our chances to be on top in the east. I hope Price can play great even with no guidance but I guess Denis could be the person to turn to. 1-5

Here are my notes in no paticular order of ranking because I am superstitious.


Last edited by dlandry77: 07-04-2008 at 08:04 PM.
dlandry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 07:59 PM
  #170
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,606
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrrus147 View Post
I don't agree. First of all Detroit had a better team when their core was younger and they had players like Yzerman and Shananan in their prime (with a better goaltender than Chris Osgood).

The Detroit Red Wings won the Stanley Cup fair and square but if the Penguins had won 1 game in Detroit (from the first 2), the result might have been way different. They were pathetic in the first 2 games.

The Detroit Red Wings core (mainly the D) is aging and while they probably have the best first line in the league, I'm not extremely exciting by their others forwards. Hossa, Zetterberg and Datsyuk are probably superstar in this league, but I'm not still convinced by Franzen, Holmstom and Filipula etc...Plus the motivation might not been there this year since they won the Stanley Cup last season (just like what happen with Anaheim last season, who still had their core (Selanne, Getzlaf, Perry, Niedermayer, Pronger, Gigučre, Weight, Beauchemin ,Kunitz + Scheinder and Bertuzzi (while they only lost McDonalds and Penner) )

Don't get me wrong, they will probably end up first in the west. But I don't think it would be fair to call them the best team in the last 10-15 years. Just as a example, the 2001-2002 Colorado Avalanches were overall a better team and post-lockout I would add the 2005-2006 Ottawa Senators (Heatley, Spezza, Alfredsson, Hasek, Havlat, Redden, Chara, Phillips, Mezjaros, Fischer, Vermette ).

poor argument

EVERY team in the league can say IF they won a game on the other teams ice they would have won the series.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:07 PM
  #171
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlandry77 View Post
15)Canadiens- Our great Habs. I really like our team, I think it is the best I have seen it in about, well a long time. I hope an another d-man can step it up on the power play because even though Streit was not that great overall. He was a huge success for our powerplay. I like our chances to be on top in the east. I hope Price can play great even with no guidance but I guess Denis could be the person to turn to. 1-5

Here are my notes in no paticular order of ranking because I am superstitious.
I like most of your analysis. I'm not worried one bit about the loss of Streit. I was one of the rare ones last summer who was adamant that the loss of Souray would'nt affect our PP one bit. It was not a question of feeling, but of careful analysis. We have someone to replace him on the point, S Kostitsyn, who's played this role in London before. He's got a great slapper that he's not affraid to use. If Sundin comes to town, jsut put Kovy on the point instead. The Habs PP is based on good coaching and the magic of Kovalev, Markov and Koivu. And now we have many other options on the PP with Pleks, Higgins and Kostitsyn. And let's not forget we've added Tanguay. I have no doubt the coaches will find a way to make it work once again with this bunch, no matter if Sundin comes or not.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:12 PM
  #172
dlandry77
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
I like most of your analysis. I'm not worried one bit about the loss of Streit. I was one of the rare ones last summer who was adamant that the loss of Souray would'nt affect our PP one bit. It was not a question of feeling, but of careful analysis. We have someone to replace him on the point, S Kostitsyn, who's played this role in London before. He's got a great slapper that he's not affraid to use. If Sundin comes to town, jsut put Kovy on the point instead. The Habs PP is based on good coaching and the magic of Kovalev, Markov and Koivu. And now we have many other options on the PP with Pleks, Higgins and Kostitsyn. And let's not forget we've added Tanguay. I have no doubt the coaches will find a way to make it work once again with this bunch, no matter if Sundin comes or not.

Thats true, thats why I think we should be ok. I think it might just take a few games to tinker out the bugs that all.

dlandry77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:30 PM
  #173
HABS_FrEaK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 303
vCash: 500
I don't get all the love for the Rangers...to me they are about the same if not worse than last year.

Naslund - Gomez - Zherdev
Dawes?? - Drury - Pruc
Voros - Dubinsky - Callahan
Rissmiller - Betts - Hollweg
orr, Frirsche

Redden - Rozsival
Stall - Mara
Girardi - Kalinin

And of course one of the best goalies in the league but still...thats really not that impressive to me. Am I missing something or what?

HABS_FrEaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 08:41 PM
  #174
Cyrrus147
Registered User
 
Cyrrus147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,897
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS_FrEaK View Post
I don't get all the love for the Rangers...to me they are about the same if not worse than last year.

Naslund - Gomez - Zherdev
Dawes?? - Drury - Pruc
Voros - Dubinsky - Callahan
Rissmiller - Betts - Hollweg
orr, Frirsche

Redden - Rozsival
Stall - Mara
Girardi - Kalinin

And of course one of the best goalies in the league but still...thats really not that impressive to me. Am I missing something or what?
Nope the problem is some posters think that FA signing = success, even if they are overpaid, even if they are old and declining players and even if the team who signed them has lost half of his top 6 forwards a few days ago.

Cyrrus147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 09:05 PM
  #175
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS_FrEaK View Post
I don't get all the love for the Rangers...to me they are about the same if not worse than last year.

Naslund - Gomez - Zherdev
Dawes?? - Drury - Pruc
Voros - Dubinsky - Callahan
Rissmiller - Betts - Hollweg
orr, Frirsche

Redden - Rozsival
Stall - Mara
Girardi - Kalinin

And of course one of the best goalies in the league but still...thats really not that impressive to me. Am I missing something or what?
That's a good first line and good depth at center, plus an improved defense. Staal should better in his second year. Last year's team with Jagr, Shanahan, and Straka was slow, and Tyutin and Backman were vulnerable.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.