HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boyle to San Jose

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2009, 08:54 AM
paperclip maniac

vCash: 500
Carle sucks, Eminger is decent but not the offensive threat that Boyler was. Wishart is so timid he makes Quick look like an NHLer. Meszaros for Picard is a toss up...I haven't seen Picard play this season, and Meszaros hasn't quite lived up to expectations...I wouldn't have minded losing Picard and getting Meszaros if we could've kept Boyle

Old
01-23-2009, 09:01 AM
X0X0A0
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
You could throw in Prospal on our side too since we acquired Picard and a 2nd for Prospal then reacquired Prospal for a 4th and a 7th.

Boyle
Lukowich
Picard
Kuba
4th
7th

for

Meszaros
Eminger
Downie
Wishart
Prospal
2nd (PHI)
4th (SJ)

Not as bad as I would think considering Boyle's contract, Kuba a UFA and would maybe be worth a 3rd at the deadline and Lukowich's crazy 3 year contract Feaster gave him. I still don't like losing Picard but for now and in the future I don't think he comes close to Meszaros.

Last edited by X0X0A0: 01-23-2009 at 09:07 AM.
Old
01-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Hockeyfan02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
You could throw in Prospal on our side too since we acquired Picard and a 2nd for Prospal then reacquired Prospal for a 4th and a 7th.
I'm looking at it strictly from what was acquired from San Jose and how those assets (Carle, the 1st) were involved in other trades. I don't really consider the Prospal deals as part of that.

Edit: If you're here to bait certain posters or troll, I'm not going to have it. I have no problems discussing Boyle, I do have problems if you're just here to rub it in Lightning fans' faces or calling out posters.

Last edited by Hockeyfan02: 01-23-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old
01-23-2009, 11:47 AM
Lee Van Cleef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
I'm looking at it strictly from what was acquired from San Jose and how those assets (Carle, the 1st) were involved in other trades. I don't really consider the Prospal deals as part of that.

Edit: If you're here to bait certain posters or troll, I'm not going to have it. I have no problems discussing Boyle, I do have problems if you're just here to rub it in Lightning fans' faces or calling out posters.
Well, with the way certain posters were behaving when the trade happened, it only serves them right to see it thrown back at them, seeing as Boyle has been Norris-caliber this season.

No matter. I, on behalf of all Sharks fans (excluding Vasaa) thank the hockey Gods for this trade as it has helped us become the best team in the league.

Old
01-23-2009, 12:14 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
No matter. I, on behalf of all Sharks fans (excluding Vasaa) thank the hockey Gods for this trade as it has helped us become the best team in the league.
Thank you for excluding me.

Old
01-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Lee Van Cleef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
Thank you for excluding me.
Hehe, we all have our opinions

Old
01-23-2009, 12:56 PM
LecavaYeahBaby

Send a message via AIM to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Skype™ to LecavaYeahBaby
I know this is a Boyle thread but reading back i find it funny that a Thornton fan is ripping Lecavalier. Vinny isn't the guy who disappears EVERY playoff. Vinny isn't the guy who shy's away from the net in the playoffs. Vinny is the guy who's won a Cup, outshines Joe at EVERY International event. Joe is a regular season god....nothing more and nothing less. He and his Sharks will choke again this season, no doubt.

Old
01-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Maria

Quote:
Well, with the way certain posters were behaving when the trade happened, it only serves them right to see it thrown back at them, seeing as Boyle has been Norris-caliber this season.

why do you care what other posters said? this is the LIGHTNING board and we can say whatever we want, and Im sure that the poster you were attacking could care less about what you think, his opinion about Boyle is not going to change.

Be happy that you have Boyle and stop trolling our board

Old
01-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Lee Van Cleef*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LecavaYeahBaby View Post
I know this is a Boyle thread but reading back i find it funny that a Thornton fan is ripping Lecavalier. Vinny isn't the guy who disappears EVERY playoff. Vinny isn't the guy who shy's away from the net in the playoffs. Vinny is the guy who's won a Cup, outshines Joe at EVERY International event. Joe is a regular season god....nothing more and nothing less. He and his Sharks will choke again this season, no doubt.
Now if this isn't baiting then nothing is. Grab a common sense will you?

Old
01-23-2009, 01:34 PM
nsn*

Quote:
Might want to check your international stats, bud. Thorton has an impressive resume... Vinny's looks cute though .

And since joining the Sharks, Thornton has pretty much been a PPG producer in the playoffs.

I know it hurts, but let it go. Just let it go.

Old
01-23-2009, 01:36 PM
nsn*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
why do you care what other posters said? this is the LIGHTNING board and we can say whatever we want, and Im sure that the poster you were attacking could care less about what you think, his opinion about Boyle is not going to change.

Be happy that you have Boyle and stop trolling our board
It's not trolling. Jeez, you come here to see how people now feel about the trade some months later and look what happens.

Sorry TB fans, didn't mean to anger you (of course, I'd be mad too, the way things are in Lightning land).

Old
01-23-2009, 03:23 PM
VoteNOB

Quote:

How many Stanley Cups does Joe Thornton and the San Jose Sharks have?

Besides, we have Cory Murphy now, noboy even remembers who Dan Boyle was. /wink

Old
01-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Helistin
Dustin's equilibrium

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimismRestrainer View Post
I had no doubt that you would toss Boyle defense my way since he has become your liability now. Do me a favor and check back in December or so when everyone on the Lightning's roster +/- numbers have improved and Boyle's is a -20. And I think it probably remains to be seen as to whether or not Boyle is an upgrade over Campbell.

Thanks.
You are welcome

The best thing about Boyle is that he never gives up even if the rest of the Sharks sometimes do(not often this season). I don't know how he was while he was with the Lightning with his effort but there really hasn't been any weak spots in his game, occasional giveaways sure, but they all do who bring up the puck on regular basis.

Old
01-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Sear91

vCash: 435
Quote:
Doubtful. I think this is the Shark's year. If they can go all the way with Boyle's help, great for them. I love both teams, they're my favorite non-Lightning team, but from what I've seen and the rest of the NHL community have seen, I think they can finally shred the choker reputation.

Personally I didn't like this trade, and I feel we could have done better, but you cant deny that its helped both franchises somewhat. Hopefully Wishart pans out, I'm glad we got Downie and Eminger through this deal, and heres to a better future for both teams

Old
01-23-2009, 06:54 PM
LecavaYeahBaby

Send a message via AIM to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Yahoo to LecavaYeahBaby Send a message via Skype™ to LecavaYeahBaby
Quote:

Who are you? Im simply stating my opinion on MY BOARD. That opinion happens to be the same as a lot of people around this league. Im not just saying things to say them. Some Shark fan came over here and took a jab at Lecavalier. Im allowed to respond within a year of the original post...(those are the rules right....i can't remember, too much Cory Murphy going on..)

Old
01-23-2009, 08:14 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 250
Awards:
.. closed

Closed Thread